2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... On the bright side, we get 3 hours of total coverage between NBC & NBCSN. And the 2-hour NBC broadcast (without a completed Men's event yet) is bound to have 'unusual' coverage, probably some Dance and Pairs included. Some short programs too, I'd imagine.

As you predicted, the NBC press release today says:
"Sat., Feb. 20 4 p.m. Ladies’ free skate, men’s short program"​

Happy to see that Mirai :luv17: is mentioned along with Gracie in the headline of the press release.

Men's FS airing on cable overnight on Monday morning (should be Feb 22nd?)... :palmf: Abysmal TV ratings guaranteed ....

The NBC press release does not clarify the NBCSN schedule, IMO.

The release says, "Sun., Feb. 21 Midnight Men’s free skate."

So does that mean it starts the minute after Sat Feb 20 11:59 pm??
Or the minute after Sun Feb 21 11:59 pm??

(I agree that the latter would be more logical, because it would mean that tape of the final group of the Men's FS could be shown.)

BTW:

Three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir, 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, and Andrea Joyce will host coverage of the event on NBC and NBCSN. 2014 Olympic ice dance gold medalist Charlie White, three-time U.S. champion Michael Weiss, and Jason Horowitz will host coverage on Universal HD.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So does that mean it starts the minute after Sat Feb 20 11:59 pm??
Or the minute after Sun Feb 21 11:59 pm??

(I agree that the latter would be more logical, because it would mean that tape of the final group of the Men's FS could be shown.)

The NBC press release is definitely confusing, but I'm pretty certain that NBCSN will air the coverage on Sunday night / Monday morning, as in, the first minute of Feb 22nd, at 12:00 AM Monday morning.

The NBCSN listing shows that to be the case (in theory):

http://i.imgur.com/FMrbEp6.png

Also, the original time-slot for NBCSN coverage was:

"2/21/2016 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM NBCSN Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Free"

More likely that the broadcast was pushed back an hour, rather than ahead a full day.

As you said, it makes no sense logistically to have coverage on Saturday night. I can't see NBCSN hosting live coverage of 4CC after midnight with Johnny/Tara...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... The NBCSN listing shows that to be the case (in theory):
http://i.imgur.com/FMrbEp6.png ...

Thx :bow: for capturing this screen, which does provide clarity :).:

ETA:

Oooops, I see now that I overlooked :hopelessness: the key words -- "Sunday night" -- in NBC's release:

NBCSN presents coverage of the men’s free skate Sunday night, Feb. 21, at midnight ET.

My apologies to NBC and to those in this thread.​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The local (Taipei, Taiwan) channel to have the live broadcasting of the whole event is by the sports channel of 'Videoland' (http://sport.videoland.com.tw). And it looks like they've already set-up the youtube channels for live streaming here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7B_aulXoMBPmhjE-D4JWUZqdkxjZTcIJ

But since I'm from local, I don't know if this channel will be geo-blocked or not.

Adding my great thanks to cohkaix :bow: for the early information re the Taiwanese streaming.

Feeling fortunate that it has not been geoblocked.

... Of course ISU Eurovision channel is not working even in Europe where it should work according to the page itself :rolleye:. ....

Re the ISU Eurovision channel:

Don't know whether the following ever got discussed in other threads and/or whether anyone in Europe gave it another chance??

@ISU_Figure did react to complaints re geo-blocking beyond the restrictions specified on the website.
And eventually it tweeted (during the Ladies SP, I believe):

Bug has been fixed. Live Stream now available on Europe, South east Asia and other territories. #4CCTaipeiCity http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/
3:23 AM - 18 Feb 2016
https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/700279484394639361

(I'm in the U.S., so I can't test whether the fix was effective.)​

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Adding my great thanks to cohkaix :bow: for the early information re the Taiwanese streaming.

No problem! And now I'll forgive the local organizers: they totally messed up with the ticketing requesting system (and never get the ticketing working), but at least the non-geoblocking online streaming is right. Now only if they'll learn next time to open up practice sessions it will be even better!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Houston, we have a problem.

I only got the first group of the Pairs watched yesterday, so I got up early to watch the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] group on the archive of the Taiwanese livestream, before watching the final group on the Eurosport highlights I recorded, and then the LIVE coverage of the Free Dance.

And when I went to the livestream archive, I got the following message:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that."​

And it is the same on the archives of all of yesterday's livestreams.

AND, this is the big one, the same message is coming up on today's livestream links. :eek:

So, everything is getting geo-blocked now. :disapp: :furious: :mad: :bang:

It was nice while it lasted. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker

Re the ISU Eurovision channel:
Don't know whether the following ever got discussed in other threads and/or whether anyone in Europe gave it another chance??

@ISU_Figure did react to complaints re geo-blocking beyond the restrictions specified on the website.
And eventually it tweeted (during the Ladies SP, I believe):
Bug has been fixed. Live Stream now available on Europe, South east Asia and other territories. #4CCTaipeiCity http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/
3:23 AM - 18 Feb 2016
https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/700279484394639361

(I'm in the U.S., so I can't test whether the fix was effective.)

Thank you for this valuable update:thank:. I was able to start watching the archived 4cc pairs short program with my vpn set to Germany. So it does appear to work for Europe. New Zealand setting worked also.:hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you for this valuable update:thank:. I was able to start watching the archived 4cc pairs short program with my vpn set to Germany. So it does appear to work for Europe. New Zealand setting worked also.:hap10:

Ah! I didn't realise the Eurovision stream was now not geo-blocked here.

Thank goodness! I was giving up hope of being able to watch anything LIVE today.

And I might just get Group 2 of the Pairs SP watched before the Free Dance. (It'll be tight, though!)

Thank you so much auser and Golden!!! :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Houston, we have a problem.

I only got the first group of the Pairs watched yesterday, so I got up early to watch the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] group on the archive of the Taiwanese livestream, before watching the final group on the Eurosport highlights I recorded, and then the LIVE coverage of the Free Dance.

And when I went to the livestream archive, I got the following message:
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that."​

And it is the same on the archives of all of yesterday's livestreams.

AND, this is the big one, the same message is coming up on today's livestream links. :eek:

So, everything is getting geo-blocked now. :disapp: :furious: :mad: :bang:

It was nice while it lasted. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you for the heads up about the Taiwanese livestream. I was able to start watching the ISU Eurovision channel 4cc archive of the pairs short program with my vpn set to Ireland. Hopefully the livestream will be available to you :).

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
The youtube stream is now geoblocked for me :( Are there other streams?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well, that was a bit of a shock, waking up to find the Taiwanese stream geoblocked. Thankfully Eurovision got their act together!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Well, that was a bit of a shock, waking up to find the Taiwanese stream geoblocked. Thankfully Eurovision got their act together!
Wow, it works for me too now. A few minutes ago they geo blocked it. Curious how much it lasts now.:laugh:

figuristka

Medalist
last night i watched the youtube link in taiwanese but its geoblocked now and cbc is not proper timing. Eurovision still says blocked in your country. Does hola work for anything? thanks

Last edited:

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Is there any lifestream link thats not geoblocked in the United States? Would hate to miss Max Aaron:(

randomfan

Record Breaker
I've been reading all the information about the livestreams and coverages, and first I have to say a big thank you to everyone who posted a stream here!

I will be planning to watch the ladies FS live. I'm wondering about this: I think both the Kazsport and CBC streams work for me, but I haven't tried them at this competition yet. I read the comments about them and some of them said that Kazsport has meh quality and CBC is a bit late. Can someone tell me (from their own experiences here in this event) which stream is better than the other? Thanks.