2016 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Pairs SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
I liked the North Korean pair, they show real promise. Now I have to go find out where they train and what their story is. I can't recall seeing a pair skate for North Korea (but then my memory isn't what it used to be). :)

Almost no information is available about them, unfortunately, but if you find any let me know- I'd love to add it to their fan fest, I think these two deserve more love than they get so far :) (at least their ISU bio has been updated though- for a LONG time the only info on there- literally the ONLY info- was his birthday).

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm crossing my fingers for Lubov and Dylan - I love the Zeppelin program and want to see it clean!

Oh, well. Shame about the fall, but the entries into the death spiral and the last lift were pretty awesome.

Last edited:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Almost no information is available about them, unfortunately, but if you find any let me know- I'd love to add it to their fan fest, I think these two deserve more love than they get so far :) (at least their ISU bio has been updated though- for a LONG time the only info on there- literally the ONLY info- was his birthday).

Maybe ISU just got to know them after a B competetion. They are not the first North Korean team as I thought.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
4 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN)

Music: Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin

Red sparkly strap dress / black outfit, red bodice with sparkly striples

3Tw - bit low catch
3T - she fell, maybe <
3LzTh
StSq
BoDs - cool entry
4Li
PCoSp3p - bit after music

Fall on sbs jump from her, other ok skate

SP: 33.86+30.11-2.0 = 61.97, 1/4

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well as usual that was a bit disappointing. I'm still a fan of these two though!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I love Lubov and Dylan's SP and I wish they perform it clean. They have a few little tricks that no one else does and I love them being so innovative. Good luck with FS!:cheer:

Giselle

Medalist
Not their best performance :( This program has grown on me since the beginning of the season.

Anyone knows what the situation with Lubov's citizenship? Do they have any hope at all to make it to the Olympics?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS (CAN)

Music: Por una cabeza by Carlos Gardel

Dark red dress / white shirt, black pants

3Tw - low wonky catch
4Li
3STh - fall
3T
PCoSp3p
StSq
BoDs

Bit shaky skate with 2 visible errors. Still lacks alot of refinement

SP: 25.69+25.38-1.00 = 50.07, 5/5

Last edited:

Giselle

Medalist
Just realized that Moore-Towers/Marinaro should have been there instead of G/D. Is Kirsten still injuried?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually think this is a good opportunity for Kayne/O'Shea- if they can go clean with some personality they are going to compare VERY favorably against the other teams so far.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
6 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA (USA)

Music: Take Me to Church by Hozier

Dark purple costumes

BoDs
3Tw
3S - she fell
3LzTh
StSq
4Li
PCoSp3p

Shame about the fall, the rest was better, but not the same energy as US Nats

SP: 31.97+28.75-1.00 = 59.72 (SB), 3/6

Last edited:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I would put I/M before them tbh. This team still need a lot of Polish and there in-between aren't as good as some other teams

Giselle

Medalist
I hope Tarah is ok, she did not look very well. Anyways, I trust them to come back tomorrow!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
No US Champion PCS boost for Tarah and Danny today. I hope they come back fighting in the free skate.