2016 Four Continents Ladies SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Ladies SP

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The panel can't call what they can't see. Your argument should be against the ISU for not having slo-mo of take-offs. Satoko, the tech panel, and the judges are not to blame.
Yes and no. I can accept the rules as the are. But she should not get away with UR's on the landings, but she does. And the judges are very generous when it comes to GOE. That's my criticism.

iamchrislao

On the Ice
The tech panel and judges are not to blame???? seriously? isn't that supposed to be their job? :scratch2::unsure:

The panel can't call what they can't see. Your argument should be against the ISU for not having slo-mo of take-offs. Satoko, the tech panel, and the judges are not to blame.

Nigel

On the Ice
Rachael went to worlds injured, performed poorly, the US lost their three spots and Rachael was fined by USFS for not disclosing her injury.

Then for extra credit drama, the next year, Alissa went to worlds, did poorer than Rachael the year before and poorer than anyone has ever done before, but she wasn't fined because she didn't know about her injury.

The moral of the story is, you have to disclose if you know ahead of time.

Leafygreens...do you REALLY think Alissa and her coaches did not suspect something was wrong? Her jump passes had been problematic all season and the DSC exhibition that she skated at just a few weeks before US Nationals...she struggled with almost every jump pass. Gotta wonder....Nationals was good, but none of really know...what was going on with her, and I suspect that there was a conscious decision NOT to address the issues.

Last edited: