2015-16 South Korean Other Competitions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 South Korean Other Competitions

Hailey Shin

Medalist
WOW! That's a HUGE change from what has happened in the past. Korea is finally getting interested in skating! Yay!

It's unfortunate we can't see SY's FS on live cam. :sad21:

Yes, what a change :biggrin: Skating is now semi-popular sports! (OK, after baseball, football, basketball, golf, ufc, and tennis.. :laugh:)

andyjo24

Medalist
Yes, what a change :biggrin: Skating is now semi-popular sports! (OK, after baseball, football, basketball, golf, ufc, and tennis.. :laugh:)

That is A LOT better than what happens here in the U.S.

Figure skating very barely comes up on T.V.:noshake:

clippers8200

On the Ice
What a skate from SoYoun - that was the best I've seen her skate since the 2014 Worlds. Her speed, her jumps - everything was great (just when I was about to give up hope!)

Thomas_C

Rinkside
I am so happy for Soyoun Park. At the 97th National Winter Sports Festival of South Korea (제97회 전국동계체육대회) held in Seongnam Tancheon ice rink she has finally shown a flawless. That was much better than in the previous competitions. The combined total score of 174.38 is her best result since the Worlds 2014! Chukhahae! I hope she will keep this shape for the Worlds in Boston.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Maaann the judges were a bit harsh on Young here :eeking: I mean I thought she deserved more GOEs on her loop especially with her entrance to it.

Anyway, I am booing at the low GOE for Eunsoo's opening 3Lz-3T...then again it looks a bit like a flat edge to me so...I'm okay with it :laugh: (but ugh her execution is so :love:)

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
Maaann the judges were a bit harsh on Young here :eeking: I mean I thought she deserved more GOEs on her loop especially with her entrance to it.

Anyway, I am booing at the low GOE for Eunsoo's opening 3Lz-3T...then again it looks a bit like a flat edge to me so...I'm okay with it :laugh: (but ugh her execution is so :love:)

The Korean judges are more strict than the international judges. :noshake:

andyjo24

Medalist
I updated all protocols on page 2 by edit my post.

So many clean protocols :luv17:

I'm so glad to see that So Youn scored a bit higher than 54 in PCS for her FS!

Of course, I think she deserves around a 57-58, but she did deservedly receive above 7's for some the components! :thumbsup: