2016 Bavarian Open Feb. 17-21 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Bavarian Open Feb. 17-21

Alex D

Record Breaker
Day 1

Day 1

There is not that much to tell about day 1, the train was as usual late, there is no snow left anymore - which might be better, considering how clumsy I can be... and ya, I met some familiar faces, also former skaters who are now looking after the young ones. Talking about the young ones, there is always that cuteness factor when the advanced pairs get on to the ice. Remember two years ago, the Czech pair Vanessa Stefanova & Jiri Belohradsky at NRW?

Oh boy, that was fantastic, a must see for everyone out there and I am sure it´s somewhere on YT at the NRW Trophy channel of 2014.

As for today, I saw a pair that really stood out for me, they came second in total and go by the names of Pauline Jensch & Luis Schuster. They were really going for the levels today, wonderful lift with change of direction, also tough entries to their elements and really good interpretation of the music and nice synchronicity, lovely dress as well, by her. Sadly, there is no video footage available, but they were really wonderful. The only pair, that did not lose an element today!

Both are coached by Monika Scheibe in Chemnitz, she did also coach Mandy Wötzel and Ingo Steuer back in the days, so she definitely knows a thing or two, about pairs skating.

Here is their SP from last season

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=...fP563E&usg=AFQjCNFu4O6EJ9ws1Sp6qgk4ClyRai1p2Q

I also enjoyed the Czech pair Edita & Radek a lot, they had wonderful speed and traveled very close to each other over the whole ice, during their no touch. She sadly fell at the side by side double flip, nonetheless a very entertaining couple.

Right now leading are Talisa Thomalla and Robert Kunkel, I really enjoyed their pair spin, good speed and great double twist.

I also want to mention those, currently last. Jacqueline Rot and Patrik Quattelbaum. That girl was so for the crowd, a really charming appearance, always heads high and smiling! They had lots of tiny dance moves, very fun to watch.

As for the Russian pair, as always, high marks for presentation skills, but I felt that the others were also quite positive during their entrance and "final bow". They were even better than some senior pairs at time, who look so negative at times. Always skate for the crowd, heads up high and proud to be able to perform. Keep it up, tomorrow is the Free Skate around 4.15 PM CET.

Pl.
Name
Nation
TSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SS
TR
PE
IN
Deduction
-
StN.
Talisa THOMALLA / Robert KUNKEL
GER
Pauline JENSCH / Luis SCHUSTER
GER
Edita HORNAKOVA / Radek JAKUBKA
CZE
Polina NALEZHITOVA / Grigorii ZABELLO
RUS
Jacqueline ROT / Patrik QUATTELBAUM
GER

Protocols:

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/BO2016_AdvancedNovicePairs_SP_Scores.pdf

P.S. due the tight schedule from tomorrow on, I will most likely not be able to do such day reports that often, so apologies in advance if tomorrow is a bit thin in regards of a day review.

Competition will start at 8 AM CET with the advanced boys,

until then!

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
They have Dariia GOZHVA listed in both groups of junior ladies... pretty sure one of those entries should be Anastasia.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Day 2 preview

Day 2 will start with the advanced boys SP at 8 AM, CET, followed by the Advanced Novice girls (I & II), Advanced Pairs FS and last but not least, the junior ladies (I & II).

Luc Timon Mehlhorn, will open the day and the British youngster, Danielle Harrison, will close the day / night.

Advanced Boys 8 AM CET

StN.
Name
Nation
Luc Timon MEHLHORN
GER
Tim ENGLAND
GER
Daniel SAPOZHNIKOV
GER
Evgenii SEMENENKO
RUS
Anton SKOFICZ
AUT
Jonathan EGYPTSON
SWE
Jegor EßLINGER
GER
Niclas Joshua RUST
GER
Nicos Jaron MARTICK
GER
Maxim KNORR
GER
Marvin RÖMPLER
GER
William TRAUTWEIN
GER
Florian PASCHKE
GER
Christian HASS
GER

Advanced Novice Girls I (10 AM CET)

StN.
Name
Nation
Catharina HAUSLADEN
GER
Ann-Christin MAROLD
GER
Jana SCHWEGLER
GER
Tiffany KLAUNIG
GER
Carolin HEß
GER
Nicole CALDERARI
GER
Jocy PELKA
GER
Linn JÖRGENSEN
GER
Varvara DIUKAR
RUS
Sofiia NESTEROVA
UKR
Sandra RAMOND
FRA
Anastasiia ARKHIPOVA
UKR
Alessia TORNAGHI
ITA
Sabrina WEIS
GER
Michelle KONOV
GER
Milena SARDARIAN
GER
Pia REGENSBURGER
AUT
Dora HUS
GER
Anna-Maria KISTNER
GER
Alexandra-Michaela STRAUB
GER
Annika GÖRLER
GER
Jacqueline ROT
GER
Stefanie PESENDORFER
AUT
Anastasia BROTSMANN
GER

Advanced Novice Girls II (Around 1 PM CET)

StN.
Name
Nation
Leann KRAWETZKE
GER
Roazaliya ABDULKARIMOVA
UKR
Smilla SZALKAI
SWE
Julia ZENNER
GER
Ida LINDSTRÖM
SWE
Lucrezia ERBA
ITA
Melina BRUSI
FIN
Alisa HAKOLA
FIN
Franziska KETTL
GER
Katharina KURZ
GER
Ekaterina NEVEZHINA
GER
Maelle OBERLÄNDER
GER
Elodie EUDINE
FRA
Miriam ROTTENSTEINER
AUT
Lucie Antonia REICHE
GER
Denise MÜLLER
GER
Oceane PIEGAD
FRA
Anna Rose JANSEN
GER
Karen Naomi KRÄHE
GER
Sofia SAMODUROVA
RUS
Marina PIREDDA
ITA
Franziska HÖSL
GER
Lea SCHWAMBERGER
GER
Maria KLAR
GER

Advanced Pairs FS (Around 4 PM CET)

StN.NameNationCurrent RankPoints
1Jacqueline ROT / Patrik QUATTELBAUM
GER515.18
2Polina NALEZHITOVA / Grigorii ZABELLO
RUS422.58
3Pauline JENSCH / Luis SCHUSTER
GER227.52
4Talisa THOMALLA / Robert KUNKEL
GER128.06
5Edita HORNAKOVA / Radek JAKUBKA
CZE325.20

[TD="class: grid"][/TD]
[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 1[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 2[/TD]

Junior Ladies I (5 PM CET)

StN.NameNation
1Chantal Lisa PFISTER
GER
2Anastsiya ZAITSAVA
BLR
3Julie FROETSCHER
FRA
4Alizee CROZET
FRA
5Alisa LOZKO
RUS
6Mariia PEREDOROVA
RUS
7Pauline WANNER
FRA
8Paula MIKOLAJCZYK
GER
9Sara CONTI
ITA
10Greta LUPATELLI
ITA
11Lena KREITMEIER
GER
12Lina-Charlot KLENNER
GER
13Dariia GOZHVA
UKR
14Polina SALANEKA
BLR
15Katarina KITAROVIC
CRO
16Emma IGNATIUS
FIN
17Kalina LEWICKA
GER
18Laura MORATH
GER
19Kyarha VAN TIEL
NED
20Valentina INDELICATO
ITA
21Yuna AOKI
JPN
22Sophie HANKE
GER
23Camille CHERVET
SUI
24Sophie Estelle MUTH
GER

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 3[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 4[/TD]

Junior Ladies II (8 PM CET)

StN.NameNation
1Lisa HANKE
GER
2Julia KLOT
GER
3Simona GOSPODINOVA
BUL
4Miriam ABDULKARIMOVA
UKR
5Jasmin LUGERT
GER
6Ella MIZRAHI
ISR
7Shaline RÜEGGER
SUI
8Laura WEIGMANN
GER
9Zhansaya ADYKHANOVA
KAZ
10Chiara THIELE
GER
11Katharina LESSER
GER
12Tatjana HEß
GER
13Alisa TURCHINA
BLR
14Alissa SCHEIDT
GER
15Tyler PIERCE
USA
16Tina HELLEKEN
GER
17Charlotte VANDERSARREN
BEL
18Monika PETERKA
SLO
19Patrizia SALA
SUI
20Jennifer SCHMIDT
GER
21Jennifer FISCHER
GER
22Jade RAUTIAINEN
FIN
23Dariia GOZHVA
UKR
24Danielle HARRISON
GBR

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 3[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 4[/TD]

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nice to see USFSA is sending skaters to this great competition.

USFSA press release said:
BAVARIAN OPEN
The Bavarian Open is an ISU-sanctioned competition open to eligible skaters at the advanced novice, junior and senior levels, all of which will be represented by Team USA.
Ladies
Tyler Pierce, who finished fifth at the 2016 U.S. Championships, will compete in the junior competition before heading to the World Junior Championships in March.
Pairs
Erika Smith and AJ Reiss will make their international debut after finishing sixth at the U.S. Championships.
Ice dance
Eliana Gropman and Ian Somerville placed seventh at juniors at the U.S. Championships and will compete as juniors in Oberstdorf. Three American teams will compete in the advanced novice division as well. Caroline Green and Gordon Green are the 2016 U.S. novice champions, Emma Gunter and Caleb Wein are the reigning novice silver medalists and Katherine Grosul and Cameron Colucci finished 10th as juniors at the U.S. Championships3

Do catch the Greens and Grosul and Coluccu if you can!

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Nice to see USFSA is sending skaters go this great competition.

Do catch the Greens and Grosul and Coluccu if you can!

Will do ;)

Advanced Novice boys now.

Three groups, no ice resurface in between.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Little correction,

our first skater was Noah Bodenstein, competing on youth level scoring 38.33.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
good SP for Evgenii SEMENENKO :agree: (btw, he does 3A, but not here, because this short program are cropped for novice) 12 yo, great future :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have written a bit about the first two competitions, will post it in the evening though, as the internet is not yet stable enough and I don't like losing a whole post, like earlier with the boys :(. But, In General, it is very impressive what I can see here. The boys and especially the girls are doing very well and they have really improved a lot and it seems at least to me, that the critique from the past, is really taken and considered, which always makes me very happy.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Boys SP

Quick recap of what happened at the advanced Novice Boys,
First, a round of applause for Rebecca Andrew, who came all the way from Australia to give her judgment about the performances.

The performances, were pretty decent with well crafted choreographies, some inspired by the seniors skaters, like the Western performance of Luc Timon Mehlhorn that reminded me of Franz Streubel.
Most of the boys, however, can improve on their entrance skills and the way how they leave the ice. While we don't have much of a crowd yet, it´s just a part of being a figure skater, to let everyone know that you are now coming on or going off ice.

That said, a few did pretty well there already, like our current leader Evgenii Semenenko, who was attacking each of his elements (triple Flip, triple Lutz - double Toe), while showing great determination and fire, with lots of confidence throughout the whole program, not leaving any doubt that this was his day.
I was impressed how mature his skate already was and that he didn't telegraph his elements either, it just all happened naturally, good job!
The red head, Daniel Sapozhnikov who showed great speed, scored 37.31 and came second, third is Niclas Joshua Rust with 35.28.

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/SEG019.HTM

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Girls I

Advanced Girls I SP

I have to say that I was very pleased with what I saw. It seems like the girls either all read my colums and considered my critics of the past or they just have awesome coaches, as they were all very positive, with their heads up high, performing their elements, with confidence and good body posture, making it look easy.

Another aspect is, that the music choice is going more and more away from the clowns programs of the past, that so many young kids had and yet, we have the naughty and fun aspects in their programs, like with Ann Ann - Christin Marold and her Vangaboys program or Jana Schwegler, who added a tiny bit of sexyness to her performance and outfit, which was a million dollars! Its such a joy to watch these kids, very impressive performances by the young Ladies, ya you can definitely say that people miss out, if they skip the "little" ones - they are the stars from tomorrow.

Nicole Calderari is another one to mention here, oh boy those smiles! She is coached by Maylin and Daniel and she just never stops smiling, just wonderful to see and you just have to smile back!

Carolin Heß has also once again delivered a beautiful program, she always has nice ones if you ask me, she is really skating well, with lots of attitude. She even got faster towards the end during the stepsequence, wonderful personality, who reminds me of Elena Radionova as a kid, not too long ago.

Aso Varvara did wonderful, opening up with the triple Loop and a huge jump on her double Axel. Sadly, the Flip comp was way off today.
Still, the Russian has such a beautiful way of skating, so elegant and graceful and I think that she has improved on the "for the crowd" aspect as well, since I saw her 3 months ago at Dortmund. She did skate much more for us now, well done youg lady.

Edit:

Also to note is Dora Hus, the young lady who was recently featured in a German figure skating magazine as one of the biggest talents in her age group, is such a high class jumper, great height and a lot of ice covered, especially with the Axel. She is currently on 7.

Full results,

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/SEG021.HTM

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Novice girls II

Advanced Novice Girls II

Well, what can I say, it was Sofia´s day! What a great performance by the young Russian who came second at NRW and tomorrow she will pull out the Vampire again *shiver*. Today, she was elegant and confident, I just love that she never stops performing while on the ice and she is very confident as well, making it look so effortless and maybe she also got a bit help from up there, as she is a very religous person, always asking for support from up the sky. There is not a single part of her body, that is lose, all is integreted in the choreographie.
I love Russian girls / skaters, as they bring something to the table that other nations dont have yet and I think its a lot about the Russian tradition and the programs, which tell a skater right from the first moment on, that they are a star and special and that they have to be positive at all times.

Sofia performed once again the triple Lutz - double Toe and she might even go higher tomorrow and that layback at the end, so gorgeous, just like her outfit and it always makes me smile, if dresses and outfits stand out, like for instance with the German Maelle Oberländer, I love that hair band, or the glitter dress of Smilla Szalakai, who is currently on three, with a very firery performance and her triple Sal - double Toe combination.

Also to note is Elodie Eudine, currently ranked two. She is always asking for photos, by sending her parents over to us and they speak fluent German! Fluent, is Elodie as well, or better put very smooth and light. She is a very bubbly skater with great speed and today a triple toe - double toe.

Last but not least and believe me, I could write a lot more, a few words about Katharina Kurz, as all the tings I said about Varvara before, could also be applied to her. Wonderful interpretation, great arms, very elegant and always added a tiny bit more difficulty by going for the tano and putting her elements and interpretation skills on beat. She is currently on 7, witg a double Lutz double toe combination and a triple Sal, which she bravely put on the ice, nice fighting spirit!

Full Results,

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/BO2016_AdvancedNoviceGirlsII_SP_Scores.pdf

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just sitting at the Juniors (no worries post about pairs will come after first Jr), but damn, these ladies of the first two groups were great! We had Paula, you know the party girl from NRW that I wrote about. She is fantastic, my personal discovery this season, she has such a fire and could crash my parties whenever she wants to.

What Alisa Lozko did with her body during the spins, ---> speechless. Like Yulia, incredible stuff and it looks absolutely amazing, beautiful program, my favorite so far. More later.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i wish there was livestream (there isnt right?), i really want to see Irakli and Yuna Aoki, i hope they will do well, their season hasnt been great so far :cheer:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Advanced Pairs FS

Advanced Pairs FS

I spoke about the cuteness last night and today I will talk about the skill factor. It´s so amazing how these young pairs add so much difficulty - already at young age. For instance the Czech with their DS, where the entry is with him on a single leg, great balance point there and also wonderful flexibility as seen during the side by side spin. Edita and Radek came second in total with 73.44.

The winner are from Germany and I tell ya, there is a lot coming in the next few years. Just like the Czech, Talisa and Robert added a lot of difficulty using difficult entries to their elements, for instance her going through his legs at first, before being put up in the air, for their first lift.

I also enjoyed how they placed their DS, it fit well to the percussion part in their music. Third came Jensch - Schuster, who also used a single blade entry for their DS and they look wonderful together on the ice, good choreographie, with the wide - open arms, I like that.

The Russians were as always, great in union and if not they fixed it easily like with the side by side spin, where they were at first not that well aligned. They had a very nice final pose, where she is laying with her back on his knee. It´s one of the minor details, that make you remember a skater and is often overlooked. Not saying every girl has to lay on the boys knee, but you know what I mean, right? Just be a bit creative and stand out. Nice speed and flexibility, especially by him too.

Last but not least, give a round of applause to Jacqueline, who also competes at the advanced novice and came 5th with her partner, Patrik - skating twice today!

Final result:

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/CAT013RS.HTM

Alex D

Record Breaker
Sorry, that I can not go that much into details yet, but its a very busy day for us.

As for the Jr. Ladies I

The quality is huge, some of the performances could very well qualify for Europeans or even worlds at the seniors, its impossible to mention everyone.

adelia

Record Breaker
Sorry, that I can not go that much into details yet, but its a very busy day for us.

As for the Jr. Ladies I

The quality is huge, some of the performances could very well qualify for Europeans or even worlds at the seniors, its impossible to mention everyone.
How did Maria Perederova do?

Edit:
Oh, I've just seen the results, not so good.