Norwegian Nationals, 4-7 February | Golden Skate

Norwegian Nationals, 4-7 February

petitebrie

On the Ice
Anne Line successfully defended her title winning both the short and the long programme, with her sister Camilla in second place and teammate Jemima Rasmuss in third. None of them were entirely clean in the free, but did well in their short and they all sold their programmes very well. The ladies are really tanoing it up in here, Jemima did a very nice Rippon 2Lz+2T combo with lots of height in the second half of her free skate. [ETA: as far as I know this means that Anne Line is going to Worlds, congrats!]

In juniors Juni Marie Benjaminsen delivered a gorgeous 3T+3T with positive GOE, which I believe was the highest scoring element of the competition behind Sondre’s 3Lz+1Lo+3S. She had some mistakes on the other elements though, and won silver behind Ellen Yu. Lots of up-and-coming junior skaters competed this weekend.

Sondre reigns supreme in his category, I hope there are more young, male figure skaters in Norway just waiting to appear on the competitive scene. Anne Line and Sondre both making it to the free skate at Euros garnered some media attention, which could be be good for the sport. :)

There are videos on the Youtube channel linked to above, but the segments are a bit disorganised. I think they’re cleaning it up, so I’m not going to link to specific videos at the moment (in case anyone wanted to have a look).

Anyway, it was a really great competition, congratulations to all the skaters who showed their talent this weekend!

Last edited:

Nirti

Medalist
How old is Ellen Yu? She was 2nd in junior last year, now she wins but she didn't compete internationaly for the moment...!

Nirti

Medalist
How old is Ellen Yu? She was 2nd in junior last year, now she wins but she didn't compete internationaly for the moment...!

Edit : she's listed for the Nordics next month. So she'll probably junior eligible.

petitebrie

On the Ice
Edit : she's listed for the Nordics next month. So she'll probably junior eligible.

Yeah, probably. She's in junior and not novice at Nordics. I don't know how old she is, looks like she doesn't have an ISU profile yet.