Sofia Samodurova | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I don’t think that’s right. There are only three who are currently guaranteed entry right now. So Zhenya and Sofia could both get into the finals. I think it also depends on Stasya and Rika? Maybe also Bradie (if she gets gold). Am I right? Look at the current leaders. Six make it with one event left. I think it depends how those three/four finish next week.
No you forgot Kaori Sakamoto. She also has bronze and silver and a higher total score than Sofia.
Although Stasia has a silver her score was lower than Evgenia's bronze that she will score higher than Evgenia at IdF is unlikely.

lastremnant

On the Ice
Ah! That’s what I was wondering: Kaori is what made me curious. Where she stood in it. So that means for Sofia to make it only one person from France can make it to overall finals. Not
impossible but will be tough. Oh geesh, this is going to be a nail biter to see how they finish next week. I am picking Sofia and Zhenya for last two spots because they were my top two picks for the finals when season began.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Ah! That’s what I was wondering: Kaori is what made me curious. Where she stood in it. So that means for Sofia to make it only one person from France can make it to overall finals. Not
impossible but will be tough. Oh geesh, this is going to be a nail biter to see how they finish next week. I am picking Sofia and Zhenya for last two spots because they were my top two picks for the finals when season began.
So Samodurova loses against:

Satoko(in), Tuktamysheva(in), Zagitova(in), Rika Kihira(almost certainly in, needs 4.), and Kaori Sakamoto.

She needs to defeat both Medvedeva and Konstantinova for the tie breaker. For this to happen:
Konstantinova needs to place 3rd at max, Medvedeva needs to place 2nd at max, and both need to score less points than necessary(which is perhaps around 199, will wait until ISU updates).

In short, she needs to hope for a nervous, lower calibre competition. And Medvedeva needs to defeat Konstantinova.

It's actually not that unlikely. Konstantinova has had plenty of poor skates and meltdowns. Rika's strong and has a good chance of winning. But Medvedeva having to score less than 199 or so might be the toughest hurdle. Still, Medvedeva scored 198 in her last so...

lastremnant

On the Ice
So Samodurova loses against:

Satoko(in), Tuktamysheva(in), Zagitova(in), Rika Kihira(almost certainly in, needs 4.), and Kaori Sakamoto.

She needs to defeat both Medvedeva and Konstantinova for the tie breaker. For this to happen:
Konstantinova needs to place 3rd at max, Medvedeva needs to place 2nd at max, and both need to score less points than necessary(which is perhaps around 199, will wait until ISU updates).

In short, she needs to hope for a nervous, lower calibre competition. And Medvedeva needs to defeat Konstantinova.

It's actually not that unlikely. Konstantinova has had plenty of poor skates and meltdowns. Rika's strong and has a good chance of winning. But Medvedeva having to score less than 199 or so might be the toughest hurdle. Still, Medvedeva scored 198 in her last so...

Yeah. Nobody knows until they skate of
course. Going to be very interesting event! I am doing an out there guess that Rika finishes less than 4th and Zhenya and Sofia move on. Let me post here my 1% chance guess at the France finish order to see if I will be right to have Sofia make it: Zhenya, Bradie, Stasya, Alexia, Rika.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Me too! My dream would be for her and Alina, my two favs in senior, to finish top two at Rostelecom. What a day that would be [emoji33] I’d probably cry from happiness lol but idk how realistic it is

You got your Rostelecom wish! Was it what you thouht it would be? ;)

ragdoll

On the Ice
After watching her a couple of times I must say that she has a fantastic presence on the ice and great presentation. She is very expressive and I really like her, I wish her the very best for the rest of the season.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
If she doesn’t get into the final I won’t watch it

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Lol JK [emoji23] but I REALLY want her to go!

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
You got your Rostelecom wish! Was it what you thouht it would be? ;)

YES!!! AND EUNSOO TOO! I legit cried lol, I either wanted the podium to be Alina, Sofia, Eunsoo or Elizabet. Now all I can hope is that Sofia gets into the final cause she deserves to[emoji1374]
(Sorry for late reply)

Scott512

Record Breaker
YES!!! AND EUNSOO TOO! I legit cried lol, I either wanted the podium to be Alina, Sofia, Eunsoo or Elizabet. Now all I can hope is that Sofia gets into the final cause she deserves to[emoji1374]
(Sorry for late reply)

Its good you got what you wanted but as you know you dont always get your wish as a sports fan. Sofia brings new blood to figure skating

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Its good you got what you wanted but as you know you dont always get your wish as a sports fan. Sofia brings new blood to figure skating

Yes, I well know I don’t always get my wish as a sports fan [emoji28] my podium predictions were even different to what I wanted them to be, but you gotta love it when you’re proven wrong in a good way. That happened to me twice this season

lastremnant

On the Ice
Sofia is in the final! So, back to my prediction. I think I will up it.

I predict she will win gold at the finals.
(Did he just say that?)
Yes, I did.
(He can’t be serious!)
Yep. Totally serious.
(Snooty goldenskate technical know-it-all’s: pfffft, whatever, we shall see.)
Yep, we will.
GO SOFIA!!!!!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, I well know I don’t always get my wish as a sports fan [emoji28] my podium predictions were even different to what I wanted them to be, but you gotta love it when you’re proven wrong in a good way. That happened to me twice this season

You must be happy now because Sofia made the Grand Prix final. Her breakout year is here.