Sofia Samodurova | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
You must be happy now because Sofia made the Grand Prix final. Her breakout year is here.

OMG I am! It’s crazy, this GP series the things that I’ve wanted to happen but not thought entirely likely have happened! So all in all it’s like the sun coming out after a storm [emoji1] I’m so excited for this GPF

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Sofia is in the final! So, back to my prediction. I think I will up it.

I predict she will win gold at the finals.
(Did he just say that?)
Yes, I did.
(He can’t be serious!)
Yep. Totally serious.
(Snooty goldenskate technical know-it-all’s: pfffft, whatever, we shall see.)
Yep, we will.
GO SOFIA!!!!!

I deeply have faith in her too, but at her best so far (SkAm FS and Rostelecom SP) she got 134 and 67, and Alina at her average or not very best gets those. I think she could beat Rika after I what happened at IdF, but unless she increases her technical content it will be hard to win. She could definitely get on the podium though

lastremnant

On the Ice
I deeply have faith in her too, but at her best so far (SkAm FS and Rostelecom SP) she got 134 and 67, and Alina at her average or not very best gets those. I think she could beat Rika after I what happened at IdF, but unless she increases her technical content it will be hard to win. She could definitely get on the podium though

I know it. :) It is almost speaking the impossible on paper that little Sofia could surpass the big Goliath of Alina to get gold at the GPF but for the fun of it, I am going to predict she will do it, as this is her breakout season. Maybe she will surprise everyone. :)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Maybe she will surprise everyone. :)

She is an underdog to win a medal at the GP Final but maybe she will win one at the Russian Nationals. She totally can but I have a feeling that Fed would prefer Zhenia been the 3rd skater behind Alina and Liza.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She is an underdog to win a medal at the GP Final but maybe she will win one at the Russian Nationals. She totally can but I have a feeling that Fed would prefer Zhenia been the 3rd skater behind Alina and Liza.

She was underdog before GP Series even started. Remember how everybody was surprised by her bronze medal in Skate America? The thing is she receives so low pcs, although e.g. her music interpretation is one of the best both in SP and FP. I hope judges will start to "like her"...

The Finn

Record Breaker
She was underdog before JP Series even started. Remember how everybody was surprised by her bronze medal in Skate America? The thing is she receives so low pcs, although e.g. her music interpretation is one of the best both in SP and FP. I hope judges will start to "like her"...

Yeah, she has been an underdog pretty much for her whole career, so, nothing new here. By the way, I do remember how suprised some broadcast commentators were because at first they referred her by saying that she is not "well known Russian skater" or something like that and I recall that some televisio commentator suggested that she moved to seniors or was moved to seniors because she wouldn't have got JGP events or something like that. This was before her SP at Skate America. Those guys definitely didn't expect her to win GP medals not to mention to qualify for the GP Final.

Globetrotter

Medalist
It will be nice to see Papa Mishin with two of his students for once at the GPF. I know that Sofia only has a very small chance of medaling but hey it’s her first year, she is young, this will be a big learning experience. She can only improve. With Liza Tuks as training mate, she will certainly know what coming back tougher and stronger is about. Papa Mishin never loses faith in his charges even when they are struggling and at a low point.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
That was a really good interview and I had no idea she has such good communication skills and a great personality.
I was super impressed seeing her play piano at the Mishin anniversary celebration :luv17:

Too bad she doesnt play anymore but its understandable cause FS takes a lot of time

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Sofia seems such a pleasant, full of personality young girl, I really enjoyed reading this interview, which emphasizes her warm character. As her fan during JGP circuit, and supporter for her senior debut, too, I am thrilled to watch her competing in the GPF this year.

I must admit I hoped for this to happen, but, shame on me, I wasn't sure it will be possible. She proved me wrong and was one of the best surprises from this year's GP circuit. Her amazing consistency and engaging interpretation skills brought her here and won over many new fans, from all around the world.:luv17:

I wish her all the good luck, and I really hope to see one more surpise from Sofia, to win over a couple of places above some of the more experienced skaters. It would be epic :clap:

lastremnant

On the Ice
This time next week, the goldenskate forum elite posters will be recovering from the shock of Sofia capturing gold at the GP final. :)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
This time next week, the goldenskate forum elite posters will be recovering from the shock of Sofia capturing gold at the GP final. :)

What random.org gave me:

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Sofia Samodurova
Alina Zagitova
Satoko Miyahara
Rika Kihira
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Kaori Sakamoto

Could... could this happen?! :biggrin: :laugh2: :pray:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know this video is late, but better late than never...

CBC commentary for her Rostelecom Cup LP is at 2:09 (the password is women): https://vimeo.com/299711451 Her SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.