Sofia Samodurova | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
8th. Disappointing scores. SS skated better than her scores.

Indeed! It seems unfair that all these other skaters get a boost for winning things but not Sofia? Although I was very distressed for a second when it looked like her last flip wouldn't be counted and I couldn't figure out why! I'm glad it was quickly corrected :)

I hope Sofia continues next season and has some more fun programs to show us.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sofia did well on her WC debut. In comparison with Europe she looked diffident a little, but still delivered two technically flawless programs. Judges were too stingy with pcs if you ask me, but still she should be proud on herself. This was a season to gain experience that will help her being stronger next seasons.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sofia did well on her WC debut. In comparison with Europe she looked diffident a little, but still delivered two technically flawless programs. Judges were too stingy with pcs if you ask me, but still she should be proud on herself. This was a season to gain experience that will help her being stronger next seasons.

Exactly. But she also was very relieved when she'd finished her free skate, almost breaking into tears.

It is hard for us fans to imagine the tension these young athletes feel, the weight of expectations resting on them, and all kinds of pressure from coaches, federations, sponsors etc.

Sofia will return home happy and confident she did well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Indeed! It seems unfair that all these other skaters get a boost for winning things but not Sofia? Although I was very distressed for a second when it looked like her last flip wouldn't be counted and I couldn't figure out why! I'm glad it was quickly corrected :)

I hope Sofia continues next season and has some more fun programs to show us.

It's like winning Euros didn't even matter for worlds.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
It's like winning Euros didn't even matter for worlds.

I think this was still a great debut season for her, far beyond expectations, but scores at Worlds to me gave the message that she needs more interesting choreographies, send her to Benoit Richaud or with NA choreographers like Shae-Lynn Bourne idk.

It's not she isn't a bad skater, she's actually a great performer, and she has good skating skills, but the material that has been given to her is just not that impressive.

She said she likes Ashley Wagner, i think you can build a similar packaging for her.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yes, I too think she needs better “presentation” in her routines.

Next season there will be at least three very strong and expertly presented young seniors be added to the ranks.

If there ever was a team event in figure skating like in artistic gymnastics, Samodurova could be the perfect lead off skater. Solid, dependable, laying the foundations for the better members to build on.
But not spectacular in her own right so unlikely to shine in a final if qualified. But completely capable of delivering a strong and faultless routine in the finals.

Who are her compatriots in SPB’s rinks? Is she alone in her age group? She needs someone to reflect on, to challenge in bringing out their bests, etc.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Maybe you are right.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwm8Wh3niYY/

Righini's post
It was a pleasure to work together!
We wish you all the best in upcoming season, new victories, luck and lots of unforgettable emotions��
Thanks to you and your coach Alexey Mishin for the trust����
And of course my love @kaekaelee for support and help , thank you baby❤️

MMisMis

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Yes, I too think she needs better “presentation” in her routines.

Next season there will be at least three very strong and expertly presented young seniors be added to the ranks.

If there ever was a team event in figure skating like in artistic gymnastics, Samodurova could be the perfect lead off skater. Solid, dependable, laying the foundations for the better members to build on.
But not spectacular in her own right so unlikely to shine in a final if qualified. But completely capable of delivering a strong and faultless routine in the finals.

Who are her compatriots in SPB’s rinks? Is she alone in her age group? She needs someone to reflect on, to challenge in bringing out their bests, etc.

This choreography doesn't suit her. Yes, the choreography is good, but not hers. Something's missing, too bad. It can be incredibly spectacular. :noshake:

But what stability!:clap:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So, Sofia has China and NHK. Very hard spots, on both events she will have to face some of the best of her russian compatriots and of course japan ladies and Lilbet.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
video of the SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwVglfjNkw&feature=youtu.be

The style is HERS. Yeah someone wil say 'same old' but I find it amazing when a person finds a style this organic for him/her personally. Looks super charming!:love:

I like it.

The layout is interesting, we obviously don't know if that is the final one, we'll see with all the triples in september but

2a
3ltz
3f-3t x

It's a very competitive program, and that even allows for a potential future 3A