Sofia Samodurova | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Is Sofia injured or struggling with something? She seemed very troubled and having a hard time at both Russian test skates and Lombardia. I hope everything is okay!

I would say she is dealing with the same Alina was dealing last year.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Seems like the concluding stages of puberty are hitting her hard.

Sof’ya admitted after Test Skates she is having problems keeping competitive shape.

Fighting your own body’s natural tendencies takes very strong mindset, determination, motivation in exercising and dieting and is exhausting mentally. Because you don’t see instant results, this trimming down process takes time.

Best of luck to Sof’ya in following through, staying relevant and competitive.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
4th best free skate today with just one UR Lz, she bounced back after yesterday. She will be struggling for some time, I understand it is hard for her after the last season where she was literally flawless, but I hope Sofia has the strong will we have seen with another russian ladies who struggled with the same at this age.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
4th best free skate today with just one UR Lz, she bounced back after yesterday. She will be struggling for some time, I understand it is hard for her after the last season where she was literally flawless, but I hope Sofia has the strong will we have seen with another russian ladies who struggled with the same at this age.

Yes, because she needs good results to motivate herself and keep working on herself, perhaps fighting even. There is still a fair chance Russia will send her to defend her European title, when they 'give' World Championships starts to other skaters whose 'scoring power' is most needed there.

ecr1221

Rinkside
I wouldnt necessarily say they will send to her to Euro's just because she is the reigning champion. RusFed in the past has not done that (cant think of skaters name rn) if the skater has not been performing well.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Sofiya is down for Ice Star 2019 Challenger Event in Minsk.

Challenger Fri 18.10.2019 - Sun 20.10.2019

(This is the senior event that follows the junior & novice event taking place this week (ice dance today, ladies Thurs)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Popping up in Sofia's fan fest to say I really enjoyed her Bamboleo SP today - she has fun while skating it, and that makes it entertaining to watch. I was surprised to see her finish so far down, though, for a clean program (the 3T in the combination was called underrotated, but everything else was fine), and to see how little the judges liked her performance, which I thought was pretty good. But then I am new to figure skating, and have a lot to learn. At any rate, I hope Sofia has a good skate tomorrow!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Popping up in Sofia's fan fest to say I really enjoyed her Bamboleo SP today - she has fun while skating it, and that makes it entertaining to watch. I was surprised to see her finish so far down, though, for a clean program (the 3T in the combination was called underrotated, but everything else was fine), and to see how little the judges liked her performance, which I thought was pretty good. But then I am new to figure skating, and have a lot to learn. At any rate, I hope Sofia has a good skate tomorrow!

The judges marks were pretty outrageous...I get that Sofia's jumps aren't huge, but they pretty much ignored the transition into the 2A!

It seems really unfair that she's down there in seventh when she had a good clean skate while Alina with a messy 3 Lutz landing and popped combo is above her. It's like...popped jumps matter for some skaters and not others? How low would Sofia's score be if she'd made those mistakes? It's not fair :(

Well, I hope she keeps on keeping on! I enjoy her skating, and I look forward to the FS, horrible music aside :p.

ecr1221

Rinkside
i loved her skate today (yay for clean and mostly level 4s!), but will somebody PLEASE tell her to stop mouthing the words?!? she did it last year, and is still doing it, and it detracts from her performance!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sigh, Sofia's scores today made me so angry I actually started crying.

It kind of feels like their making a joke of her. "Ha ha you thought you were good last year, winning Euros, jokes on you, loser!"

It's be one thing if she was falling all over the place, but she's as consistent as ever. I want an explanation from the ISU.

If her jumps are so terrible she never should have won over Alina in Euros last season. How do those judges think she feels now? I know how I'd feel and it's not good.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Loved her skate and love her passion at the end! I really feel for her the way she is being scored this season. I hope she keeps fighting and growing! [emoji178][emoji960]

DenissVFan

Medalist
It was a huge improvement from the test skates. I was really moved by her reaction. I hope she uses the rest of the season to work on rotation.

DenissVFan

Medalist
It's been a year of ups and downs for Sofia but ultimately 2019 was the year when she became a European champion – something which many of her fellow competitors will never be. Onwards and upwards, Sonya.