Judge me if you can | Golden Skate

Judge me if you can

Perdita

Final Flight
WORLD 2016
So here comes the World judging event :dance3:

NOTES
* The elements currently shown are planned contents or based on what they performed in the recent comp. (If someone knows the planned content for Misha Ge, please tell me!) They may be different from what the skaters actually do. In that case, just score the elements in the performed order.
* I made this for fun, and also for the better understanding of judging system - so please do not abuse by any means and be fair to all skaters.
* PCS range is set above 4.00.
* You can edit your response after submitting.
* You need to log in via google account (to prevent multiple responses) but neither your google account nor e-mail address will appear to the others (including me).
* All the voting will be closed on 7th April 23:59 GMT approx. (You may complain ;))

DAY 1

MEN SP
For men, it was very hard to predict who would become the top 6, so I apparently went for the final 2 groups + 3 men of my choice (Kolyada, Bychenko and Han Yan) for SP. So there're 15 skaters in total for SP and I'll drop them to 12 (the final 2 groups) in FS. You don't need to do them all, you can skip if you'd like.

Go to Men SP's Judging Form

ICE DANCE SD
This one's rather simple, I only have the final group of SD - thus, only 5 teams.

Go to Ice Dance SD's Judging Form

DAY 2

ICE DANCE FD
I decided to stick with the SD last group so you have C/L instead of P/P + the last 4 teams in the final group!

Go to Judging Form

DAY 3

MEN FP
The last 2 groups of Men's FS! I have a feeling it's gonna be a spectacular event. Have fun ;)

Go to Judging Form

4CC Men FS
4CC Men FS is now available ;)

Deadline: 1st March 23:59 GMT!

Judge HERE.
Protocol (Compare to the official protocol.)
Result Page (Compare to the official result.)

Original Post

Is anyone interested in judging the event with the posters here? A bit inspired by other forum (and having too much time in hand...), I made a judging system in which we get to judge! It's a little demo so I only used 2 skaters as a sample, Medvedeva and Radionova from Euros SP.

1. You can judge their performances here.

2. I made fake Result Page & Protocol. (It should automatically reflects your votes but it may take time, up to 5 min, and if you find any problem, report it to me!)

Few notes:
- Since the number of judges are not determined, the protocol shows the number of votes for each score. If you want to see the detail of responses (especially PCS), click 'See previous responses' link appears at the end of the judging form.
- You need to log in via google account (to prevent multiple responses) but neither your google account nor e-mail address will appear to the others.
- The protocol only shows 9.00s, 8.00s etc. for PCS but the variation among the same mark is reflected when calculating the average score.

If there's a certain amount of people interested, I'd love to do something like choose a segment from 4CC and judge the top 6 skaters. It's completely anonymous now, but if people are rather interested in unanonymous judging, then we could do so by assigning 9 judges etc. too.

Have fun!

Last edited:
What a cool project. I tremble to participate. Let's have a rule, no making fun of other people's attempts at judging. :)

Last edited:

melmel

On the Ice
Oh I love it !!! I just did Elena and I would love to do other skaters too ! I like being anonymous though, but that's such a neat idea thank you so much :D

randomfan

Record Breaker
I was going to start a similar thread, but you seem much more prepared than I was! :bow: Thanks for this! Whenever I'm bored, I judge a skater's performance in a competition if I did not agree with the score (whether underscored or overscored). So it looks like fun to judge with other people.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
That was really fun :agree: thanks for doing this, looking forward for more !

Perdita

Final Flight
Thank you guys for liking it! :thank:

I think for 4CC, I'll keep the format as it is now and keep it anonymous. We'll see what's better after that. Please feel free to give me some feedback.
I just came up with an idea that probably after the season, we can do a 'fantasy' competition where we choose performances from different competitions, international and national, and judge them as if they were in a same competition. Since we often say the scores can't be compared between the events, I think it'll be fun!

Is there any particular segment would you like to do from 4CC? also, would you like to do both SP and FS or do you think that would be too much?

Mathman, yes, I don't want this to provoke another war... do you have in mind any rule we might need here?

ETA: Oh the current result is quite interesting... Zhenya still leads but Lena wins in PCS ;)

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
Thank you guys for liking it! :thank:

I think for 4CC, I'll keep the format as it is now and keep it anonymous. We'll see what's better after that. Please feel free to give me some feedback.
I just came up with an idea that probably after the season, we can do a 'fantasy' competition where we choose performances from different competitions, international and national, and judge them as if they were is a same competition. Since we often say the scores can't be compared between the events, I think it'll be fun!

Is there any particular segment would you like to do from 4CC? also, would you like to do both SP and FS or do you think that would be too much?

Mathman, yes, I don't want this to provoke another war... do you have in mind any rule we might need here?

I wonder if you could maybe do some GPF stuff (and, as there are only 6 competitors, users could actually judge the whole event =D)

Perdita

Final Flight
I wonder if you could maybe do some GPF stuff (and, as there are only 6 competitors, users could actually judge the whole event =D)

I can defenetly do that. Maybe between 4CC and World since there's no big competition around that time? We can do GPF Round 2 :agree:
I personally would love to do Men's single and see if Yuzu breaks another WR... (we can call it GSR) :laugh: but what you think?

I'm also interested in doing Ice Dance event as well, especially at the Worlds.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
I can defenetly do that. Maybe between 4CC and World since there's no big competition around that time? We can do GPF Round 2 :agree:
I personally would love to do Men's single and see if Yuzu breaks another WR... (we can call it GSR) :laugh: but what you think?

Or we could judge different performances of the same skater =D
Like Yuzu at NHK and Yuzu at GPF.

melmel

On the Ice

I am soooo down to do a GPF round 2 !(especially the men :p) I like the idea of keeping it anonymous so more people can play along without fear of getting bashed or yelled at :p
And Ice Dance too !!! I think it would be a very good exercise to train our eyes and be in the judge seat :D

I also like the idea to do a "GS competition" at the end of the season with like, the best performances of everyone for exemple ? (meaning the one where they got the best scores and see if that changes)

Last edited:

Krislite

Medalist
It'd be great if we could do this live during a competition, and then compare to actual protocols.

caelum

On the Ice
This is enormously fun! It would be interesting to see what collectively us forum users think.

Edit:

It's interesting to see that the Golden Skate participants are somewhat harder than the judges at Europeans, but we broadly agree with there scores in the SP. It would be interesting to see how we would evaluate it for the FS where judges tend to go a bit wild sometimes.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This is such a great idea, thank you so much Perdita for doing it (and sharing with us)! :thank:

I didn't have the time to score it for now, but I'll get around to it on the weeekend. And I'd be so down with scoring the GPF men's event, please! :love:

Perdita

Final Flight
Thank you for giving me some ideas!

Some plans in my head right now:
- For 4CC, I'll do Men FS or Ladies FS. After seeing the result, I'll go for the tighter competition :biggrin:
- Between 4CC and World, we can do GPF Men Round 2!
- For the World, I'll try to make it available before the competition so you get to judge on live.
- After seeing the Ice Dance today, I desperately wanna do Ice Dance one at the World.
- Maybe a fantasy competition after the season.

I can't promise to do them all, since I may be a bit busy in March, but we'll see!
Also, I think I'll make a deadline for submitting scores next time around to fix the final result. Probably like a week or so including a weekend.

I'm happy you guys are enjoying it!

Perdita

Final Flight
4CC Men FS available on live ;)

Apparently, I had a bit of time today to make the submitting form for the final group of 4CC Men FS event :agree:
So now you can pretend like a real judge and score performances while watching live. (You can score/edit after the event as well.)

Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18STHeuwHm05lmVs5vr4OOfPcDZt3y2srU6bS-X7FWfU/viewform

NOTE: The elements currently shown are planned contents (For Grant and Takahito, I couldn't fine their planned content sheets so they are based on their protocols from the Nats and GPS.). They may be different from what the skaters actually do. In that case, just score the elements in the performed order.

Also, for this one, I chose to have a deadline - you must submit your scores by Tuesday 1st March 23:59 GMT (tell me if that's too early tho). Then we'll see the final answer of we judges :)
I'll set up the result page and the protocol in few days time!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Apparently, I had a bit of time today to make the submitting form for the final group of 4CC Men FS event :agree:
So now you can pretend like a real judge and score performances while watching live. (You can score/edit after the event as well.)

Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18STHeuwHm05lmVs5vr4OOfPcDZt3y2srU6bS-X7FWfU/viewform

NOTE: The elements currently shown are planned contents (For Grant and Takahito, I couldn't fine their planned content sheets so they are based on their protocols from the Nats and GPS.). They may be different from what the skaters actually do. In that case, just score the elements in the performed order.

Also, for this one, I chose to have a deadline - you must submit your scores by Tuesday 1st March 23:59 GMT (tell me if that's too early tho). Then we'll see the final answer of we judges :)
I'll set up the result page and the protocol in few days time!

wow :hap57: