Judge me if you can | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Judge me if you can

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Now we have the final Result & Protocol!
Boyang still in the second with that disastrous PCS :eeking: and I wonder what's that 4 point difference between Takahito and Han the posters here see... they got almost identical PCS by the official judges :scratch2:

Just my guess, but as members of the audience, performance plays a stronger role in determining the PCS scores. Even if it is a subconscious thing. Mura has been struggling all year to convey the theme of Cirque du Soleil and is still not getting the hang of it. Han Yan may be awkward and not the most polished performer either, but he has musicality at least and did his best performance here.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Just my guess, but as members of the audience, performance plays a stronger role in determining the PCS scores. Even if it is a subconscious thing. Mura has been struggling all year to convey the theme of Cirque du Soleil and is still not getting the hang of it. Han Yan may be awkward and not the most polished performer either, but he has musicality at least and did his best performance here.

I gave them essentially equal components (Han = 81.00, Takahito = 81.50).

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Now we have the final Result & Protocol!
Boyang still in the second with that disastrous PCS :eeking: and I wonder what's that 4 point difference between Takahito and Han the posters here see... they got almost identical PCS by the official judges :scratch2:

Ahhh, poor Mura, I think the GS judges were pretty harsh with him :drama: My PCS scores are similar to MAX's here, with Mura with 78.5 and Hanee with 78. I'd be interested too in hearing someone explain the difference who also scored like that :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Ahhh, poor Mura, I think the GS judges were pretty harsh with him :drama: My PCS scores are similar to MAX's here, with Mura with 78.5 and Hanee with 78. I'd be interested too in hearing someone explain the difference who also scored like that :)

I'm not even sure what I gave them both in PCS. I can't remember. But I just remember liking Hans program more. :biggrin:

But if it was the SP, I'd have them closer.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Seems some of the numbers are off. Patrick Chan by far has the lowest Judges Total Program Components Score (factored), at 46.52. Even Boyang Jin got at least 71.22!

Lolol Yes, I noticed I forgot to multiply by 2 (correct at the top though). What's more alarming is who gave Jin a 9.25 for PE?!

Last edited:

Perdita

Final Flight
Ahh! I missed out on this!!! :(

Will there be future opportunities to participate?

We'll have the World event (likely be ladies and ice dance) for sure. I might do GPF Men re-judging event in a week or so too.

Lolol Yes, I noticed I forgot to multiply by 2 (correct at the top though). What's more alarming is who gave Jin a 9.25 for PE?!

Well in reality, there were two official judges who gave 9.50 for Jin's PE so... I'm actually okay with it as long as he's not getting similar score for CH and IN.

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
We'll have the World event (likely be ladies and ice dance) for sure. I might do GPF Men re-judging event in a week or so too.

Well in reality, there were two official judges who gave 9.50 for Jin's PE so... I'm actually okay with it as long as he's not getting similar score for CH and IN.

Unfortunately, I can't participate in the Worlds event... :(

... Because I'm actually going to Worlds! :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

the opposite of Corridor judging. :biggrin:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
*bump*
I enjoyed this when I did it for 4CC, and was wondering- will this be available for worlds?

Perdita

Final Flight
World 2016 Judging now available!

So here comes the World judging event :dance3:

NOTES
* The elements currently shown are planned contents or based on what they performed in the recent comp. (If someone knows the planned content for Misha Ge, please tell me!) They may be different from what the skaters actually do. In that case, just score the elements in the performed order.
* I made this for fun, and also for the better understanding of judging system - so please do not abuse by any means and be fair to all skaters.
* PCS range is set above 4.00.
* You can edit your response after submitting.
* You need to log in via google account (to prevent multiple responses) but neither your google account nor e-mail address will appear to the others (including me).
* All the voting will be closed on 7th April 23:59 GMT approx. (You may complain ;))

DAY 1

MEN SP
For men, it was very hard to predict who would become the top 6, so I apparently went for the final 2 groups + 3 men of my choice (Kolyada, Bychenko and Han Yan) for SP. So there're 15 skaters in total for SP and I'll drop them to 12 (the final 2 groups) in FS. You don't need to do them all, you can skip if you'd like.

Go to Men SP's Judging Form

ICE DANCE SD
This one's rather simple, I only have the final group of SD - thus, only 5 teams.

Go to Ice Dance SD's Judging Form

I'll set up Men FS and Ice Dance FD for sure, and if I've got a bit more time, I'll go for ladies as well. Stay tuned in!!

Last edited:

gkelly

Record Breaker
Thanks for setting this up, Perdita.

How will you deal with elements that didn't match the planned program content?
Throw out elements that got thrown out according to the rules?
Adjust the base marks for triples that turned into doubles (as well as plugging in the levels that were called for spins and steps)?

What should we do with Kovtun's elements? You have the FUSp as element 7, but in the performance it was element 3, and the rest of the elements move down one number from there. Should we put in GOEs for the elements by name (saving the flying spin GOE for element 7)? Or should we put in GOEs in chronological order of the elements even though they don't match the names after element 2?

Perdita

Final Flight
Thanks for setting this up, Perdita.

How will you deal with elements that didn't match the planned program content?
Throw out elements that got thrown out according to the rules?
Adjust the base marks for triples that turned into doubles (as well as plugging in the levels that were called for spins and steps)?

What should we do with Kovtun's elements? You have the FUSp as element 7, but in the performance it was element 3, and the rest of the elements move down one number from there. Should we put in GOEs for the elements by name (saving the flying spin GOE for element 7)? Or should we put in GOEs in chronological order of the elements even though they don't match the names after element 2?

This :agree: (as I have noted above but maybe wasn't well worded. sorry!)

Perdita

Final Flight
DAY 2

ICE DANCE FD
I decided to stick with the SD last group so you have C/L instead of P/P + the last 4 teams in the final group!

Go to Judging Form

Sorry no ladies... :slink:

melmel

On the Ice
Thank you Perdita so much :D I think i'll have to wait until saturday night to do the men and the dance (I want to remember the rules for the GOE a bit better before going for it :p)

Perdita

Final Flight
DAY 3

MEN FP

The last 2 groups of Men's FS! I have a feeling it's gonna be a spectacular event. Have fun ;)

Go to Judging Form

Does anyone know Shoma's planned content?? :confused: I know he changed it but can't find the planned content sheet...

Last edited: