Canadian Idol Tonight - "Ouch...." - Not music to my ears | Golden Skate

Canadian Idol Tonight - "Ouch...." - Not music to my ears

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
With maybe one or two exceptions, most of the singers tonight made me want to run and find my ear plugs. I did not understand the judges taste at all. The girl (Asian) who sang "Midnight Train to Georgia" was awful (actually, embarrassing!). What was that? I even thought the gal who sang "Respect" did a better job and they dissed her. Where do they get these so called "judges" from? I thought the best performance was by Mark Leveque (sp?). I did not watch last week so I do not know if the fellow from Abbotsford is still in the running.

How many more weeks of this? Oh dear.....

mike79

On the Ice
The girl who sang Midnight Train to Georgia was spectacular. She has soul, she has range, and she can emote well. Kalan was great as well.

That Levesque guy was atrocious, unless he was auditioning for some second-rate boy-band.

The girl who sang Respect was good, but not good enough for this competition.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I missed it this week :(

But on a related topic, I bought Billy Klippert's cd on Tuesday and it is FANTASTIC! I've been listening to it constantly ever since.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Mike79:

Yikes!!!! Emote well? Range? That was the most embarrassing performance and rendition of Midnight Train to Georgia I have ever heard or seen. Gladys Knight would be insulted I am sure. I don't know where this girls "soul" went, but it did not transcend anywhere as far as the song goes.

Now I know why I am not a fan of either American or Canadian Idol.