2016 Four Continents Gala/Exhibition

ice coverage

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm going to give the Gala a miss, as I haven't seen the Ladies FS yet, and don't want to know the results.

And, anyway, the Women's Super-G is on at the same time, and Eurosport's coverage on the TV will probably end before everybody has come down. And I like to see the lesser known skiiers... not to mention the podium ceremony!

So, all the best to everybody for putting on a good show!

(And I really hope we get an announcement soon that Yan Han has withdrawn. I don't want him to do anything that might prolong his illness).

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Really shocked that Han is going to be doing the Gala. He sounded like he needed to be tucked up in bed being fed chicken soup.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah hearing that multiple skaters from China were facing illness right before 4CC makes me worried - but at the same time impressed by their performances! I hope they get lots of rest. Han's cough in the K&C sounded bad...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yeah hearing that multiple skaters from China were facing illness right before 4CC makes me worried - but at the same time impressed by their performances! I hope they get lots of rest. Han's cough in the K&C sounded bad...

Oh no... there's a bug going around? That explains Zijun's condition in the FS, she looked like she was about to pass out.

-----------------

Hey, i am enjoying this opening flag ceremony, less serious, and fun. Baby skater doing Mulan and fell on her opening. Heart melting.... I can't help but wonder how Julia's Mulan would have gone... bummer

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
it's 2:00 AM over here, so I probably wont be able to watch the gala live. But I'll watch all the videos when I wake up!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Didn't US nationals have the same weird scheduling, having the mens FS and exhibition on the same day?

I wish they'd go back to the old schedule where every discipline gets a day off in between SP and FS. 4 days of competition plus 1 day of exhibition. I guess I understand that some audience don't want to pay for an extra day of tickets, but this event is free for audience. /shrug

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
hehe So Youn's bubbly program makes me :love:

Talk about coming out of her shell...

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
not too crazy about the dress part of So Youn's outfit :unsure: looks like she's skating in a garbage bag. And an ugly one at that.

- - - Updated - - -

did he just say "Merman Tran"? :roll9:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
not too crazy about the dress part of So Youn's outfit :unsure: looks like she's skating in a garbage bag. And an ugly one at that.

LOL trash it up :) It worked!
I kept thinking New Jersey Housewives.

Giselle

Medalist
Castelli and Tran's ex was good, but they were missing a bit of spark. I hope they don't give up and split, please stay together!