What was your Top 5 from Four Continents? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What was your Top 5 from Four Continents?

neostra

Rinkside
1. Mirai Nagasu's FS: I love you Mirai!!! So happy I was there to watch her shine.
2. Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani's FD: I love you Maia!!! I felt fixed after their FD.
3. Patrick Chan's FS: I didn't understand why he was so highly recognized and now I understand.
4. Shoma Uno's "free skate practice": while waiting for the pair's fs, there were skaters of men's discipline practicing their fs with music. I was lucky to watch his fs practice and it's nearly perfect, so beautiful and sensational.
5. Takahito Mura's sp and Kanako Murakami's sp: so exciting, just amazing! Finally, Kanako has one clean sp of this program!

Last edited:

UnChosen

On the Ice
1. Boyang Jin's SP & FS
2. Patrick Chan's FS
3. Wenjing Sui / Cong Han's SP
4. Alexa Scimeca / Chris Knierim's FS
5. Han Yan's FS

wishonastar

On the Ice
1. Patrick Chan FS
2. Hubbell Donohue SD
3. Amy Lin FS
4. Kanako Murakami SP
5. Alexa Scimeca / Chris Knierim's FS

andyjo24

Medalist
1. Boyang Jin's SP + FS
2. So Youn Park's SP
3. Patrick Chan's FS
4. Han Yan's FS
5. Mirai's FS

Not necessarily in that order. It's hard to rank them because all of them were good!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
IN ORDER...my first 3, are the stories of rebirth and redemption;

Patrick Chan - when so many have written you off, and they know who they are (i.e. inflation, too old, why return, no 3A). In a word ....Exquisite!

Kaetlyn Osmond - the test of a champion is not when you fall, but how you recover. After close to 2 years with injuries and the real possibility of never competing again. an inspiration to all on how to overcome adversity. Rise again...rise again! Well done young lady and welcome back!

Mirai, mirai on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? Too bad this week was not the US nationals. So happy for her and her improving technique.

The last 2 are stories are of rebuilding the sport, or the next generation

Boyang Jin - thank you for stepping up and for making this a 'true skaters' competition! You will win 4CC's and win often!

Satoko Miyahara - championship skating is about consistency and doing it when it counts. :2thumbs:

Last edited:

m0001

On the Ice
IN ORDER...my first 3, are the stories of rebirth and redemption;

Patrick Chan - when so many have written you off, and they know who they are (i.e. inflation, too old, why return, no 3A). In a word ....Exquisite!

Exactly!

LadyB

Record Breaker
No particular order:
1. Shibs both programmes
2. Chan FS
3. Jin both programmes
4. Alexa and Chris SP
5. Martinez - Gala

Honrary mention: Meagan and Eric - showing incredible spirit and what fantastic athletes they are! I wouldn't even go to work if I felt like that.:bow:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My top 5

1) Mirai SP & LP - hitting her PB and getting a silver medal after many have written her off.
2) Patrick's FS - perfection. If he can get his short and long together like this at Worlds, he'll be on the podium. Never saw him land those 3A's so well!
3) Shibs SD & FD - Not as magical as Nationals, but they are solidifying their status as US #1 and possibly the World!
4) Kanako's SP - best I've seen her skate in a long while. Now about that long though....
5) Sui and Han's SP - also solidifying their status as top pairs team.

Honorable mention - Alexa/Chris's FS and their silver medal. Satoko being Satoko and winning with ease.

nguyhm

On the Ice
In no particular order
Mirai - everything - great improvements, no ur calls, gorgeous spin in SP - redemption
Shibutanis SP - entertaining and precise
Patrick FS - this is how it's done :bow:
Boyang Jin - quad lutz combo - how can anyone not recognize his abilities to jump
Alexei and Chris - perfect quad twist - effortless
Wish all of them (with the exception of Mirai who will not be going) the best at Worlds. Can't wait to watch them live.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
1. Shibs: love them, love their programs, so thrilled they won (those twizzles in the FD give me goosebumps every time)
2. Sui/Han: their SP is awesome, they have come so far from that hoe-down program years ago
3. Mirai: so happy for her that the hard work on her jumps is coming together, now please get better programs for next year
4. Hubbell and Donohue: their SD is just divine and so happy that they were rewarded (sad they didn't get 3rd over all but they did get small medals in both segments!)
5. Scimeca/Knierim: looks like they took the disappointment of losing at Nationals and used it to fuel their performances here, good job, now do it even better in Boston!

andromache

Record Breaker
1. Sui/Han SP
2. Scimeca/Knierem LP
3. Patrick Chan LP
4. Shibs FD (would be higher but it's already impressed me a lot this season)
5. Mirai LP (would be higher if the program itself was better)

I think pairs is starting to become my new favorite discipline.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
1 Boyang!!!!!
2 Mirai
3 Sui/Han
4 Kanako's SP
5 Gold LP (4 the lulz I had seeing her marks)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was reading other posts. Wow, we do have a diverse crowd.

1st by a huge marging Patrick Chan's FS - it may not be as difficult as Jin and Hanyu in respect to jumps but it is the epitome of what skating should be - pure, unadultered, elegant, well interpreted fine skating. Effortless, errorless, perfectly timed to the music with wonderful body lines, speed, grace and edging. Nothing is wasted - no extra movements, bobbles,not even a stray sequin or bugle bead..

2nd Mirai lp - she did it and good for her She rotated her jumps and stood up proud for the US!! showing some 2010 flashback

3rd Shibs FS Yay, they climbed to the top often as the forgotten American Zueva team

4th Satoko sp and fs if not for their consistency. She always and I mean always delivers and she did here. I still have issues with her puny jumps which in my opinion shoud affect her goes much more negatively.

5th Sui and Han sp - really like them though I do find them Shen and Zhou 2.0 or proteges. I wish they could be a bit more unique and sometimes I find them the answer of the pretty princess but in pairs.

On the other side I really surprisingly found Hongo's lp to Riverdance just not working - she cannot pull it off (her personality). I did shout out for S and K in pairs BUT this is where I wish skating wasn't heading. S and K (US vesion) are podium threats if they can complete the big tricks including individual jumps but I artistically are not special. Now it is big tricks leads to big scores tech and pc wise. In the rollercoaster this team is on the upswing after they were killed at nationals in BOTH sp and lp. So when it comes to worlds it really will be a fluke medal for this team which is in it because of the tricks. You do have to admire Jin's youthful joy as well as Shomo. Wow Jin and the quads but as my bias is showing I am not so sure I want it to be really about the big tricks though that is the major factor hence why skaters like Liam Firus really shouldn't go to worlds considering the current state of skating. Who would think a well rounded artistic skater with two quads and two triple axels is lacking technical prowess(Chan)? Plushenko probably realizes he can't compete now. Kind of sad to see Gracie struggle so much and watch her in the k and c area.

lavender

Record Breaker
1. Chan's lp
2. Chan winning
3. Shib's win
4. Satoko's short
5. Sui and Han winning

I would have liked Shoma to get 2nd but no.

OniBan

Final Flight
My top 5 in no particular order

1 ) Jin Boyang everything XD - his jumps, youthful exuberance, respect and reverence to more seasoned competitors as witnessed thru his interaction with Han Yan and Patrick Chan before the medals ceremony

2) Patrick Chan's FS

3) Satoko Miyahara both SP and FS

4) Grant Hochstein SP

5) Han Yan FS

Honourable mention - homeboy Julian Yee FS, Kana-chan's SP, Gilles/ Poirier FD