2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sorry, I don't know. The question has been asked of the LOC, but I haven't seen an answer. Maybe something will be decided this week.

I emailed Andrew....
.....There is a bit of confusion about water in the arena.

Are we not allowed to bring in sealed bottled water?
Will there be operational water fountains?
Can we bring in empty water bottles?
Thanks! Old man with meds

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great news here! Not being able to bring in coffee first thing in the morning has been killiingg meeee. :coffee:

It is nice of them if they are not going to provide an espresso stand for all us Pacific Northwesterners to let us bring in our camel back packs full of real coffee to wake up from all the levity of the night before....

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I emailed Andrew....
.....There is a bit of confusion about water in the arena.

Are we not allowed to bring in sealed bottled water?
Will there be operational water fountains?
Can we bring in empty water bottles?
Thanks! Old man with meds

Yes, I need to have water with me at my seat as well. I have an empty glass bottle but I think that probably isn't allowed. I would imagine that they'll have water for sale at the vendors onsite but are we allowed to bring them into the arena?

If we don't get a definitive answer, I suppose it's best to email them to let them know you have medical needs and need water.

ETA: I emailed Andrew and he said:
You will be able to purchase water bottles in the arena and take it to your seats.

Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
Yes, I need to have water with me at my seat as well. I have an empty glass bottle but I think that probably isn't allowed. I would imagine that they'll have water for sale at the vendors onsite but are we allowed to bring them into the arena?

If we don't get a definitive answer, I suppose it's best to email them to let them know you have medical needs and need water.

ETA: I emailed Andrew and he said:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/11/10/curious-why-no-drinking-fountains-at-td-garden/
From this article it seems that even if you are allowed to carry in a empty water bottle, there's no potable water inside for free .

The article is from 2010, I know they had some renovations between 2014 and 2015. I hope they now changed the policy and bring back the water fountains. I have chronic dry throat and always keep a bottle of water with me. A bottle of water at $4.25 (you can get a case of 24 or 36 for that price at a convenience store), and I go through at least 4-5 bottles of water per day :gaah:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What about the taps in the bathrooms?

Bonesfan

On the Ice

Yes sink water should be fine. That's what I was going to do.

I will bring an empty, flat water bottle. It should be easy to "hide".
VAPUR - https://vapur.us/shop/shades/shades
PLATYPUS - http://www.cascadedesigns.com/Platypus
You can order these from REI <www.rei.com> or Sierra Trading Post
Also - I'm guessing that Eastern Mountain Sports (in Harvard Sq, on the Red line) will have them.

WATER in TD GARDEN
Water Guests may request a complimentary cup of water at any concession stand located within the TD Garden. Additionally, Guests may visit the Guest Relations Office on Level 4 outside of Section 4 or the First Aid Office on Level 4 outside of Section 16. -
See more at: http://www.tdgarden.com/a-to-z-guide/#sthash.FJrRoXi3.dpuf

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

This from Andrew today....it is clear as mud. I emailed him right back asking if he is saying any full, sealed or empty water bottles? Collapsable water pouches?
It is disgusting that any facility in the world would deny people water. Can you imagine a person in need of water to take pills and they have to stand in a line 10 people deep to get water at $4.25 a bottle to take their nitroglycerine heart pills? Can you say $30 million dollar law suit?

Hi Chris,

The TD Garden will not allow any water bottles into the arena. You will be able to purchase water once you are in the building. I'll have to check to see if there are any water fountains.

Sincerely,
Andrew

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here are a few things I remember from 2014 Nationals: I think the water in TD Garden is $4.50 a bottle. Yes, if you ask for water to take medication at any of the stands they will give you a 2 or 3 ounce (bathroom size) cup of water - you won't receive a 8 or 12 ounce cup.

I'm sure no glass bottles will be allowed in TD Garden. When you first enter the building you will actually be in North Station...water, coffee, and some fast food is available in North Station. Nothing purchased in North Station will be allowed in TD Garden (up the stairs/elevator/escalator). Once you have gone through security and are in TD Garden more vendors will be available and you should be able to purchase a bottle of water for $4.50.

I tried to fill a either 16 or 20 ounce bottle at the sink in the ladies bathroom and couldn't do it! The sink is shallow and the spout on the faucet is very short. I couldn't find an angle to get the water into the bottle. Plus at the regular sink you push on top of the faucet and the water sprays out for about 15 seconds and it is tepid. You might be able to get cold water from the handicapped sink since those are somewhat different.

I suppose if you are arriving early and they are allowing coffee or tea into TD Garden, you could buy something downstairs in North Station and take it up and through security. Rinse it out in a bathroom and then try and find the water fountains (if there are any).

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
From my past experience, they allow women to carry in items of a size men wouldn't be permitted.

Man purse! I have one....I will put my meds in it and see what they say....

Just toss some lipstick in there along with a few hairbands, tell them the purse belongs to your wife/girlfriend and you're just bringing it to her. (Bonus points if you complain about how she made you run all the way back to the hotel and get it for her.) Make sure you hold the purse as awkwardly as possible.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Just toss some lipstick in there along with a few hairbands, tell them the purse belongs to your wife/girlfriend and you're just bringing it to her. (Bonus points if you complain about how she made you run all the way back to the hotel and get it for her.) Make sure you hold the purse as awkwardly as possible.

Top it off with tampons if you really want to go all in. I am not sure any human stops the transport of tampons.

charmblade

Final Flight
Also if you want to sneak in a granola bar or something putting it under tampons or the like should get it through. I'm hoping to take a bag that has a discrete side pocket to hide a snack in or possibly to just pile stuff on top of said snack to get it through security. I'm not sure how closely they might look in bags but with so many people attending it can't be that strict.

someday

Rinkside

That is sooooo good! I will also take some photos with a friend that's a girl and call her my wife. I'll even throw in some pictures of our "kids"

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

No need for awkwardness being a man at a skating event! I will just chose my favorite man purse, put some lipstick and pads in it, and tell the Rent-A-Cop, "Why, yes, I am an alternative identity person...I like to be treated as a human being."
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...als/man purse_zpsnyewanqx.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

"BTW, you are welcome to search my service dogs....they only bite when you stop petting them..."
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...rvice animals_zpsiezv4tag.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited: