2016 World Junior Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 World Junior Short Dance

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know if my eyes aren't awake yet and I'm seeing things or this is true, but I was looking at the ISU for Lauriault/Le Gac and apparently they got married to each other in December?! I mean I'm not judging, but DANG! That's young! 19 and 20!

Just a word of caution.

During Europeans, Nicky told us that Ilia Tkachenko was married to his former skating partner Ekaterina Riazanova. And I thought, "Eh?! But they had an acrimonious split and now hate each other!"

It soon emerged that Nicky had mistakingly said that because it was in the notes at the bottom of the ISU Bio for Ilia and his current partner, Isabella Tobias:

http://web.archive.org/web/20160127041633/http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035047.htm

It seems like somebody (be it the person who submitted the info, or the person typing it up at the ISU) was having a laugh at Ilia's expense.

Thankfully, it has since been corrected:

http://web.archive.org/web/20160221230532/http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035047.htm

I'm not saying that Lauriault / le Gac aren't married. But, you just have to be cautious about what you read.

CaroLiza_fan

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My reaction:
1. Is someone fooling with us?
2. No, I doubt it, but I don't really know what to think...
3. I must find anpther source to confirm this!
4. Can't find one...
5. IDK-should I #ShipIt? :laugh2:

They have a facebook page, which I don't think says anything about marriage, but I also have no understanding of French whatsoever. :slink:

Layback11

Record Breaker
They have a facebook page, which I don't think says anything about marriage, but I also have no understanding of French whatsoever. :slink:

I also saw that. But when I tried to go to the posts from 2015, it told me to log in. And I don't have a Facebook, so...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I also saw that. But when I tried to go to the posts from 2015, it told me to log in. And I don't have a Facebook, so...

There was nothing on their official Facebook, I checked that when someone mentioned in their FanFest about marriage two days ago.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I have just checked their FB, no signs on marriage, not even a single congratulation in December:think:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Right, I've had a look through the page for the partnership, and the personal profiles for both of them. And there is no sign of any wedding photos. Well, none set to "Public", anyway.

But, there are a few scans of stories about them, so I will have a read through them when this group is over to see if they can shed any light on it.

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Maybe they wanted to keep it private?

Back to the main topic: polish couple qualified for Free Dance :yes2: :hap93:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Newbie question~
First time watching a full Ice Dance event. (Saw Fukase/Tateno's FD in some JWC fluff and was really impressed!)
A few of the teams have received 1 point deduction. What is this most likely from?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Newbie question~
First time watching a full Ice Dance event. (Saw Fukase/Tateno's FD in some JWC fluff and was really impressed!)
A few of the teams have received 1 point deduction. What is this most likely from?

A lift going too long. (Thank you, Tanith Belbin, for informing me of this on an event I watched on IceNetwork a while back. :laugh:)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
maybe finished/started program before/after music