Sarah is in fighting shape | Golden Skate

Sarah is in fighting shape

hongligl

Final Flight
soogar said:

I was a huge Sarah fan. But I'm not very positive about her coming back as a skater. She is way out of shape as a skater. I don't like the blue dress either. It's not a dress for a young girl of her age ( if it is good for any age at all). Too bad that Sarah may change her mind about University. She got the Olympic Gold, a well deserved one. She could have chosen to keep skating (either performing or competing) and doing well. But now I guess it is just too late.

floskate

On the Ice
If she does come back I hope it's as a pro. I'd hate to see her get butchered by CoP which is what would happen with her jumps. And if she did get into shape I don't think she'd ever get those 3/3's back. They seemed to have disappeared as she matured between '02 and '03 :(

Sarah is now an officil lovely young lady.

Is Sylvia expecting? I seem to be seeing some weight gain around the midriff.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
hongligl said:
I was a huge Sarah fan. But I'm not very positive about her coming back as a skater. She is way out of shape as a skater. I don't like the blue dress either. It's not a dress for a young girl of her age ( if it is good for any age at all).

It is not Sarah who is wearing the blue dress. It is Silvia Fontana, and the dress does not look very flattering on her, it would need a slimmer bodytype, in my opinion. Actually both ladies look rather robust in the second photo link given by Soogar. Sarah looks great in the first one!

Last edited:

Littlewild1

Rinkside
Wow, she looks fabulous in that first picture!

As for her making a comeback...it sounds bad to say this of a girl so young, but I think it's too late. And if she did, it would take a LOT of very extensive training.

lavender

Record Breaker
She looks great in the first one but what's going on in the other pictures. She looks bigger in those.

euterpe

Medalist
In many of the recent photos, you'll notice that Sarah is turned slightly sidewise to the camera. As a person whose weight has been known to fluctuate significantly at times, I can tell you that a slightly oblique angle tends to disguise how "broad" one has become.

Sarah's body has changed in a way that may be troublesome for her if she wants to go back to eligible competition. She now has a MUCH bigger bust than she had even back in the spring of 2003. Even if she loses weight, that is not going to go away, and it will affect her skating.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
I think she looks pretty good, but I hate that "drop chin" pose she keeps using for staged photos. What nimrod taught her to do those coy model-type poses? They just don't look natural on down-to-earth Sarah. I like her candid photos better where she isn't trying to act like Naomi Campbell. She's a good looking young woman--she doesn't need to act like a phony, posey Hilton sister to prove it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sarah has a slightly receding chin that's a little out of balance with the height of her forehead. I'm sure she's looked at loads of candid pictures of herself, and so when she poses for pictures, she drops her jaw slightly to compensate.

Carol Burnett used to do the same thing until she had a chin implant.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sarah is a tall girl. Sometimes tall females tend to slouch to appear shorter than they really are..........could be..........42

skatingfan5

On the Ice
show 42 said:
Sarah is a tall girl. Sometimes tall females tend to slouch to appear shorter than they really are..........could be..........42
For a skater, at 5'5" or 5'6" Sarah would be considered "tall"; however, since I'm 5'10" I don't think that someone Sarah's age and height would be one to slouch because of that. Both of my sisters are just over 6' tall -- they certainly did their share of slouching, especially in their early teens.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
True, skatingfan, but in the pictures Sarah seems to be grouped with mostly shorter people than herself. Both of my sisters are 5' 6" not overly tall,but taller than average for a female. They always tended to stoop a bit when around people, especially guys who were only slightly taller than themselves. Now, I'm under 5' 2", so I always had great posture and wore heels...... :laugh: 42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Why in the world do tall gals feel the need to slump? I have always loved being tall (5'8'') and wouldn't change places with my 5' mom and sister for anything. Sarah looks healthy and happy. Silvia always looks luminous, of course having Johnny Z. around probably helps with that. :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:

euterpe

Medalist
Sarah was always sort of stoop-shouldered, even on the ice. I can recall Dick and Peggy discussing her posture early on. There was some improvement over the years, but she never really stood up straight.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe it's her age... a lot of girls Sarah(ok and my being as how I'm only a few months older LOL)'s age slouch... I'm a sloucher most of the time...

skatingfan5

On the Ice
Piel said:
Why in the world do tall gals feel the need to slump? I have always loved being tall (5'8'') and wouldn't change places with my 5' mom and sister for anything.
Well, there is tall and then there is TALL.
:) I don't think I did too much slouching when I was younger, but my sister who is 6'1" certainly did -- especially when she was 5'11" at age 12. Most of her classmates were at least 6-7 inches shorter than her -- and many of the boys in her class were barely 5 feet. My other sister who is quite shy said that she hated always "standing out" in a crowd, so she was a sloucher in high school too.