2016 World Junior Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 World Junior Pairs Free Skate

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I am so happy that anna/martin won , they have just made the history of their country :love:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This interview is all kinds of cute :laugh:

Unfortunately, I couldn't understand a word that was said. It was far too echoey. :bang:

And I really wanted to hear what they had to say!!! :mad:

I hope they get it all sorted out by the time they do the next interview tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I couldn't understand a word that was said. It was far too echoey. :bang:

And I really wanted to hear what they had to say!!! :Mad:

I hope they get it all sorted out by the time they do the next interview tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

I was just happy to look at their smiling faces :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gee, those are really small medals...
But, totally deserved podium. :yahoo:

What medals?! I didn't see any medals. Just a ribbon.

Seriously though, this is getting rediculous! You couldn't even see the medals in the shots of the entire podium. :eek:

They deserve better than that. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I don't really see a future for Mishina and Mizroev or Borisova and Sopot. Mishina is still growing and another few pounds are going to throw them off. And Borisova is the latest in a line of Perm girls who can't jump. A double axel is not going to cut it in seniors

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! It's so long since I heard that anthem that I couldn't remember what it sounded like!

I think the last time was back in 2007, when Lukáš Pešek won the Australian 125cc Grand Prix.

I can't think of any more recent podium ceremonies where I have heard the Czech anthem. (Sure, I've seen Czech wins in ski jumping since then. But Eurosport never stay for the podium ceremony).

CaroLiza_fan

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Wow! It's so long since I heard that anthem that I couldn't remember what it sounded like!

I think the last time was back in 2007, when Lukáš Pešek won the Australian 125cc Grand Prix.

CaroLiza_fan

What about Tomas Verner is his magical win at 2008 Euros??;)

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I don't really see a future for Mishina and Mizroev or Borisova and Sopot. Mishina is still growing and another few pounds are going to throw them off. And Borisova is the latest in a line of Perm girls who can't jump. A double axel is not going to cut it in seniors

Well, at least there is Atakhanova/Spiridonov 😉

lavoix

Match Penalty
I love this Czech team. I hope they continue to dominate in seniors one day.

What was with the Russian junior teams? I saw nobody with potential, in fact I haven't seen anyone with potential in Russian junior pairs since Stolbova/Klimov in 2011.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Well done to Anna & Martin & the Czech Republic. A well deserved victory for them, delivering PB's in both the short and free. I expected them to skate well but I was expecting a Russian 1 - 2. They have really jumped forward in the last few weeks, in the YOG B/S bet them twice and in the team event U/V were breathing down their neck. It's great to see a smaller nation breaking through like this. I think that M/M were a bit lowballed again, not enough to get gold though. I really like their style and they are two good performers. They have really progressed as the season gone on. B/S have great pairs skating qualities but sadly the SBS jumps are an issue. So much of what they did was done so well, I loved their lifts and throws but unless the jumps improve it could be a problem for them. It was going to be a struggle for the Ukrainians to make the podium but they didn't skate their best, to many mistakes. I though Mark was annoyed with Renata at the end but eventually he put his arm around her.

I was very disappointed for G/S. In the short thread it was said how she was sick and hadn't trained for a month prior to Worlds, so I think they were a bit optimistic coming here. You could see they looked rusty and undertrained. I'm not sure she is recovered, she didn't look the best come the end. I like this couple and their free skate is one of my favourites this year. It's a sad end to their junior career, he is 21 this week, not to sure what the future holds for them. I also liked L/J but they need to work on the jumps.

From a high quality short, it was a slightly error prone free but the podium teams did deliver the good tonight.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Pairs Free Skate review

Pairs FS

It was quite a tough day for some skaters, Renata and Mark unable to hold their third position, in an overall very tight looking "interview with the vampire". The lovely couple that convinced with so much confidence and speed on day one, sadly showed a few nerves today, as they made a lot of mistakes and after the low catch on their trademark element, the triple twist, a few double footed landings and the loss of their double Axel – double Axel combination, just the 4th spot was given, with only 95.78 points in the free and a combined total of 155.08. That being said, they are highly talented and I wouldn't count them off next season, they will go their way and they don´t mind taking a few risks either, so a potentially high score is there.

Joy Weinberg and Maximiliano Fernandez, didn´t medal either, but scored pretty well with a new seasons best in their Free and a combined total of 135.71 points. Yesterday, I mentioned that they were lacking the high difficult elements and levels, but almost as they read along, today they delivered exactly this. Their spins received the maximum of four, especially the side by side, was gorgeous, beautifully aligned and in close distance to each other!

Another impressive aspect was definitely the quality of their lifts, like the first which was performed as a Lasso with great entry and exit, while performing the necessary change of hold and position by her when she grabs the blade while rotating! The second lift was a press lift, where he stops the rotation, she changes position and he even adds the skating on one blade towards the end, high class stuff and so easy to lose your footing there!

I really like how gentle he is with her they look great together, pity about the two popped loops by her, but they are really a fun pair to watch with great potential.

Fun, are of course also Anna Dushkova and Martin Bidar and following them throughout the season has been an absolute joy for me. These two have made gigantic steps this year, at the start so many falls, three or four in a single program and now this, two perfect programs without any mistakes at Junior Worlds and they were absolutely princess and prince of Debrecen! The Czech, who previously mentioned that they wouldn't care too much about medals and placements, but clean skating, convinced with a flawless performance and no errors, with a lot of fighting spirit and good alignment. I really enjoy what they do with their arms, it´s so graceful and they make themselves look bigger and proud, not insecure and small – exactly what you will be told on your very first lesson if you pick up ballet or dance.
They had it all, the difficulty like the triple Lutz throw, hard to do lifts with all the necessary ingredients that I mentioned before and if you want to criticize something, then definitely the side by side spin, which was a little bit off in regards of synchronicity, but on the other hand – their pair spin, fantastic and well performed also because of Martins great flexibility, he is absolutely able to keep up with his lady and this is so important in pairs skating, as you want to have two skaters on the ice, both equally present and yet with own personality! Anna, is the never-ending smile and Martin is the joker! It´s so fun to see them skate but also meet them off ice, great couple and I really hope they will never stop skating together, don´t let anyone get in between you guys, well deserved new PB of 181.82 in combined total!

On two with 172.60 points, came my Russian favorites this season, Anastasia Mishina and Vladislav Mirzoev, with a very gutsy performance and speed, but especially great linking of their elements to the party and love theme to "Attention Mesdames et Messieurs" and "La vie en rose". Their program had only one error and besides that offered all their trademarks, the parallel blades, the hand behind the back during the throws of Sal and Loop and huge expression and lovely spins, all gaining the level four modification!

Anastasia is a great character, she has such a calm side and way to almost "shy away" at times and then she can explode and be all naughty, it´s great to see such a variety by the young Russian who fought very bravely on their triple toe – double toe – double loop combination, in which she had a problem at the first toe and yet, managed to get it around and only pop the loop in the process.
Vladislav on the other hand, seems like a real gentleman, holding the door open for his girl, making sure she is doing all right and I always say, you must treat your partner on the ice, like you would treat your girlfriend, be gentle and soft and give them a shoulder to cry on if necessary, a shoulder that young Anastasia Gubanova surely needed today, as her performance with Alexei Sintsov was sadly, not going that well.
It seemed to me, as he had quite a lot of problems with actually "vaulting & putting her into rotation" as seen at the throws and the twist, definitely something that can be worked on, by doing a few extra workouts in the gym. ;) Nonetheless, I love how gutsy they always skate, they never hold back and play safe, especially after the long timeout due the injury of her and they have so wonderful choreographic elements, mimicking MJ! As a former dancer, I love that! In the end, just the 11th place with 123.90 in combined total for their earth song performance.

A much better result had our third Russian pair, Ekaterina Borisova and Dmitry Sopot who came third with a combined total of 169.00 points. She is quite a naughty lady I have to say, at times she is posing like a model, making sure she is looking great and that the cameras are on her, as seen at the victory ceremony. While I am not sure if Lawrence once was a big model or poser in general, his story created a book and movies and also soundtracks and said OST, was nicely interpreted by the Russians. They had a huge triple loop throw element, I believe she did fly further than any other lady today and just like the other Russians, the quality of the movements was great, really effortless looking and I really like their holds, they go so fluent into and out of them, no delays or gaps at all – a very charming couple these two are.

I also enjoyed the Canadians and Brits, aren´t Justine and Chloe super cute girls? I so like watching them on the ice, great expression.

Thanks for the great performances, cya next season.

Result Free Skate:

Pl.
Name
Nation
TSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SS
TR
PE
CH
IN
Ded.
-
StN.
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
CZE
Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV
RUS
Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT
RUS
Renata OGANESIAN / Mark BARDEI
UKR
Chelsea LIU / Brian JOHNSON
USA
Bianca MANACORDA / Niccolo MACII
ITA
Justine BRASSEUR / Mathieu OSTIGUY
CAN
Lindsay WEINSTEIN / Jacob SIMON
USA
Joy WEINBERG / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ
USA
Bryn HOFFMAN / Bryce CHUDAK
CAN
Anastasia GUBANOVA / Alexei SINTSOV
RUS
Yumeng GAO / Bowen LI
CHN
Chloe CURTIN / Steven ADCOCK
GBR
Ekaterina KHOKHLOVA / Abish BAYTKANOV
KAZ
WD
Hope MCLEAN / Trennt MICHAUD
CAN

Final Result:

FPl.
Name
Nation
FS
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR

CZE
Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV

RUS
Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT

RUS
Renata OGANESIAN / Mark BARDEI

UKR
Chelsea LIU / Brian JOHNSON

USA
Bianca MANACORDA / Niccolo MACII

ITA
Justine BRASSEUR / Mathieu OSTIGUY

CAN
Bryn HOFFMAN / Bryce CHUDAK

CAN
Lindsay WEINSTEIN / Jacob SIMON

USA
Joy WEINBERG / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ

USA
Anastasia GUBANOVA / Alexei SINTSOV

RUS
Chloe CURTIN / Steven ADCOCK

GBR
Yumeng GAO / Bowen LI

CHN
Ekaterina KHOKHLOVA / Abish BAYTKANOV

KAZ
WD
Hope MCLEAN / Trennt MICHAUD

CAN

Protocols today

sneakers

Match Penalty
I love this Czech team. I hope they continue to dominate in seniors one day.

What was with the Russian junior teams? I saw nobody with potential, in fact I haven't seen anyone with potential in Russian junior pairs since Stolbova/Klimov in 2011.

hmmm Tarasova / Morozov are doing great in seniors. also Borisova just needs to get triple jumps, Borisova / Sopots elements are all big and are senior ready except for the double jumps. They can still compete in juniors for 2 more seasons.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Borisova/Sopot do have thoes Bazarova/Larionov Vibes: She is the pretty diva-esque girl who makes mistakes on jumps, while he is the ceeling-high closet with meager expression.

I hope they improve. ;)

yep they are giving me Bazarova / Larionova aura.
Hope they don't end their partnership like they did :(

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think all top pairs will be age eligible to compete in juniors next season (correct me if I'm wrong), so they still have time to improve some of their elements before shifting to seniors, if they choose to.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What about Tomas Verner is his magical win at 2008 Euros??;)

I could make up some plausible story about Eurosport cutting away before the podium. But, the truth is that I completely forgot about him. :eek::

And, for that matter, I forgot about Karel Abraham winning his very last Moto2 race in Valencia about 3 or 4 years ago. (Just checked - it was longer ago than I thought... 2010!)

But, I'm sure you can understand that I was overcome by the moment last night, and just couldn't think straight.

This is the first time any of my adopted children have won an ISU sanctioned event, never mind a Major Championship. And I admit that I was quite emotional.

I have got really attached to these 2 over the past 6 months.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
congrats to top 3!
Great that B/S medalled after all but I expected them to be better
& what a win for D/B!:points:
& team SPB didnt disappoint today with MM & Alisa!!:love::love:! super happy! :cool:

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Mishina can jump on her own which is a big advantage. Her SBS 3s was huge. Borisova is fabulous but can't really jump which seems to be the case with a lot of Russian pairs. Mishina isn't even 15 yet so I think they actually have good prospects for the future, not sure what to think about the 5 year age gap between them.

Borisova and Sopot may have to move their training base from Perm in order to get better coaching and the like. His SBS jumps don't seem that strong either.