2016 Junior Worlds Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Mens Short Program

Layback11

Record Breaker
I've got skating at 7 and I'll miss all the good people even if I do catch a little bit. Oh well. :sad21:

Country
Russia
Starting Order

Warm-Up Group 6
30 Nicolas NADEAU

Warm-Up Group 7
34 Daniel SAMOHIN
35 Alexander SAMARIN
36 Deniss VASILJEVS
38 Dmitri ALIEV

Warm-Up group 1
1 Kazuki TOMONO
2 Roman SAVOSIN

From first to last Start No - strong interesting skaters.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Warm-Up group 1
1 Kazuki TOMONO
2 Roman SAVOSIN

From first to last Start No - strong interesting skaters.

I don't know about that, who do you find intresting in Warm-Up Group 2?

Anyway, didn't want to put all the skaters here just a few that are the most interesting.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Not every season I do check Junior WC tbh, so I am surprised to know 39 boys to compete in SP, meaning 15 boys can't make it to FS..., right? http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/wjc2016/SEG001.HTM My only wish here is two of 3 Japanese boys will make it to FS and can retain at least 2 spots for Japan. Imagine only one can advance to FS, it's a long shot to finish top 10, means Japan only gets 1 spot...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

James Min is pretty entertaining my memory says :)

Not every season I do check Junior WC tbh, so I am surprised to know 39 boys to compete in SP, meaning 15 boys can't make it to FS..., right? http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/wjc2016/SEG001.HTM My only wish here is two of 3 Japanese boys will make it to FS and can retain at least 2 spots for Japan. Imagine only one can advance to FS, it's a long shot to finish top 10, means Japan only gets 1 spot...

It would be sad if Japan went from three to one. Do you know anything about these three boys? Maybe they can do personal bests here :thumbsup:

Yes, lots of boys. Haven’t seen many of them or can’t remember. I like Nadeau and it always makes me happy watching Vasiljevs. Samohin is the guy with the metal SP, right, Zhou is the godfather-guy and Aliev I know I’ve seen but can’t recall. Anyways, I hope they’ll all do well. It’s a pity Swedish Nikolaj Majorov didn’t get the minimum score in time to stand in for Solomin.

Extra shout out to Sondre and Roman - Galay that is ;)

ETA I also remember liking Kevin from France and it's cool that Italy has a boy in the last group. GO both!

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
James Min is pretty entertaining my memory says :)

I remember when I watched the men's SP for the JGP Colorado Springs on the YouTube livestream, Nam commented something like "that's my mimi-me" on the live chat. Man it was a party on the chat that I forgot to watch some programs! Like Nam was on there, Alexei Krasnozhon, Michael Parsons (I remember him telling me the score of the Nats vs. Brave game when I commented on the stream I completely forgot that the Nats were playing that night and I wanted to know what the score was), and a few more.

Country
Russia

Anyway, didn't want to put all the skaters here just a few that are the most interesting.
I wanted to say - from first to last are interesting skaters. Not obviously in all warn-ups.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I remember when I watched the men's SP for the JGP Colorado Springs on the YouTube livestream, Nam commented something like "that's my mimi-me" on the live chat. Man it was a party on the chat that I forgot to watch some programs! Like Nam was on there, Alexei Krasnozhon, Michael Parsons (I remember him telling me the score of the Nats vs. Brave game when I commented on the stream I completely forgot that the Nats were playing that night and I wanted to know what the score was), and a few more.

I remember that! Good times :laugh2:

When there aren't any trolls or creepies on them, YT live chats are a riot. :biggrin:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pumped, but not superpumped. I'm saving that for Worlds cause I will be there live!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry but what are creepies ? :roll9:

The people who get on the chat and make obscene comments about all the young female skaters' body parts. Blech. I need some brain bleach after reading some of those--I mean, in what universe is it okay for a what I assume is a grown man to make such comments about young teenagers? :dev2:

NaVi

Medalist
Youtube chat should be always be turned off. There are plenty of places on the internet where people can express and give their live opinions. .

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Currently 1/3 of the way through sorting the ISU Bios for making my predictions, and needed a break as I'm losing the will to live!

39 entries?! This is going to be a real endurance event. And there are skaters I actively want to see in practically every group! :drama:

And just to add a complication, the final competition of the Women's Downhill season starts 15 minutes after the Men's SP starts. And for Alpine skiing, I like watching LIVE as it means you have access to the World Feed on the Eurosport Player. Which means you get to see stuff that they don't normally show on the TV coverage (such as the podium! :mad:)

Oh, decisions, decisions! :drama:

Not sure what to make of the start number for Josh B from CBBC documentary series "Ice Stars". Starting 7th means that he will not be hanging around all day waiting to go on. But, it also means he will probably not score as well as if he was going later. What I mean is, in long competitions like this, the judges seem to hold back with the earlier skaters, so that they have more room for manoeuvre with the later ones.

Anyway, have to get back to sorting skaters if I want to get the Predictions in on time.

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so excited! :yahoo: good luck to all skaters, esp my baby Jun :luv17: and headcase Irakli :sad21:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Another injury.... Catalin DIMITRESCU WD from competition.