Jr. Worlds fun questionnaire | Golden Skate

Jr. Worlds fun questionnaire

Layback11

Record Breaker
It was a hit at 4CC, so the questionnaire thread is back for its fourth run! :biggrin:

Answers in Blue are mine.

1. Who are you most excited to see at Junior Worlds?
Alisa Fedichkina, Marin Honda, Maria Sotskova, Polina Tsurskaya, Tyler Pierce, Bradie Tennell, Wakaba Higuchi, Angelina Kuchvalska, Daniel Samohin, McNamara/Carpenter, Duskova/Bidar, Borisova/Sopot

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? Polina Tsurskaya, Sota Yamamoto, McNamara/Carpenter, Duskova/Bidar

3. Any surprise medalist picks? Hmm...no idea, maybe Daniel Samohin?

4. Which discipline are you most excited for? Ladies, definitely-the field has never been stronger than it has the last two years, and that continues this year. The technical level is on par with, if not better than, that of senior worlds, and there are some very artistic skaters as well.

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event-which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate their absolute best here? This is a hard one but I'll go with Tyler Pierce. She has the goods (her current PBs would have had her in 3rd SP, 6th FS and 5th overall last year), but she's never done very well at JW so hopefully this will be suitable redemption!

6. Best-dressed picks? All of the Japanese ladies have great costumes, especially Wakaba and Marin. I like Alisa and Maria's costumes as well. In dance, the Parsons and Loboda/Drozd. In pairs, that Chinese pair wherein the girl's SP dress looks like Anna P's SP dress last season (forget their names). I remember liking Roman Sadovsky's FS costume as well; IIRC, it's turquoise ombre and I like turquoise ombre very much. :biggrin:

7. What one program are you most excited to see? How is this even a question? Alisa's Cats-in-French FS! :yay:

I am feeling extraordinarily uncreative right now, so I am going to leave it off at those. If anybody can think of more questions to add, I will put them in the OP!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Daniel was 7th at Europeans with a score of 232 points and I really can't see how he would qualify as a surprise medalist.

Hmm...probably not, then. The podium will probably end up being some combination of Yamamoto, Aliev, Samohin, Vasijlevs, and/or Sadovsky so you never know.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Hmm...probably not, then. The podium will probably end up being some combination of Yamamoto, Aliev, Samohin, Vasijlevs, and/or Sadovsky so you never know.

I doubt Sadovsky will be at the podium. If there is a canadian at the podium it is more likely to be Nadeau.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Ladies: Alisa, Polina, Maria, Marin, Angelina.
Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Borisova/Sopot, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Duskova/Bidar.
Ice dancing: Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Loboda/Drozd, Popova/Vlasenko, Abachkina/Thauron.

2. Who do you think will win each discipline?
Tsurskaya, Mishina/Mirzoev, McNamara/Carpenter. I can't say about Men, they are too unpredictable.

3. Any surprise medalist picks?
For most people Mishina/Mirzoev would qualify as a surprise medalist. As a more of a real surprise medalist - Shpilevaya/Smirnov.

More potential surprise medalist, although I doubt any of these will actually get a medal.
Kuchvalska, Oganesian/Bardei, Nadeau, Samarin.

4. Which discipline are you most excited for?
Ladies and pairs.

The Finn

Record Breaker

By the way, Sadovsky is only a substitute at the moment because Canada only has one entry which is Nadeau.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I am feeling extraordinarily uncreative right now, so I am going to leave it off at those. If anybody can think of more questions to add, I will put them in the OP!

Here is one suggestion.

What Junior World Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds?

Polina might break her own World Record for sure. She might also break both the SP and FS records, although I don't she will break Medvedeva's SP record.

In pairs we will have 4 very good pairs and one of them could break the SP record. At the Youth Olympics Duskova/Bidar was less than 1 point short of breaking it and Borisova/Sopot was less than 2 points short of that record currently held by Yu Xiaoyu / Jin Yang. I doubt any of the pairs will broke the combined total record or the FS record.

Shoma Uno's FS record is pretty hard to beat but his combined total record is 238 points which is within reach for a couple of guys. Also Uno's SP record is breakable.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ELIZABET! Marin, Teodora (her SP is amazing!), Jun Hwan, Irakli (even though he is a headcase!), Kevin, Deniss, Vincent, Tomoki

Polina, Sota (its pretty unpredicable though :drama:), Amina/Ilia, Lorraine/Quinn

Elizabet (not exactly surprise but will be hard) and Baby Jun :luv17:

Ladies!

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event-which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate their absolute best here?
Irakli :sad21:

6. Best-dressed picks?
i like Marin's dresses and you can always count on Koreans!

7. What one program are you most excited to see?
cant decide between Elizabet's SP , Marin's SP and Teodora's SP :laugh:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
1. Tsurskaya, Sotskova, Higuchi, Shiraiwa, Nikitina, Tursynbaeva, Yamamoto, Zhou, Aliev, Cha, Vasiljevs, M/C, P/P....

2. Tsurskaya, Aliev, B/S, M/C.

3. No idea. :scratch:

4. Ladies.

5. Not exactly this, but I want Higuchi and Yamamoto and Aliev to do well...?

6. Honda, P/P...

7. I have no idea.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Marin Honda, Wakaba Higuchi, Angelina Kuchvalska, Daniel Samohin,Duskova/Bidar, Borisova/Sopot. Deniss Vasiljevs, Dmitri Aliev

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? Polina Tsurskaya, Sota Yamamoto, McNamara/Carpenter,Borisova/Sopot

3. Any surprise medalist picks? Samohin,Honda, Shiraiwa

4. Which discipline are you most excited for? Ladies, no doubt about it.

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event- Samohin, he can do very well, he can completely bomb.
6. Best-dressed picks? Marin Honda, Alissa Fedichkina's pink dress, Loboda/Drozd
7. What one program are you most excited to see? Dushkova/Bidar's lp finally clean. Marin's sp.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
1. Deniss Vasiljevs, in ladies: all Russian girls, both Latvians, all Japanese..., in pairs Dušková/Bidař for sure, in dance: Abachkina/Thauron, Popova/Vlasenko, McNamanra/Carpenter

2.I don't like to predict I'm too superstitious for it...so I won't answer number 3 as well :D

4.Pairs!!!

5.Samohin...he has a big chance but needs solid performance

6.I like the costume Deniss has for his FP...then all Japanese ladies has a nice dresses, and I like Masha Sotskova dress (in comparsion with many people who didn't like it).

7.Deniss FP!!!Too much Deniss in my post, sorry, but I can't help I'm a big fan :D

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Vitamin D3 :love: - Deniss, Daniel, and Dmitri! Ladies - Polina, Angelina, Diana, Marin, Alisa

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? Polina, coin toss between Dmitri and Sota (but I hope it's Dmitri, of course), McNamara/Carpenter, Mishina/Mirzoev

3. Any surprise medalist picks? Maybe Nicholas Nadeau or Angelina

4. Which discipline are you most excited for? Men of course!

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event-which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate their absolute best here? Dmitri, Deniss and Daniel obviously. Also Kevin Aymoz, Irakli Maisuradze, Yaroslav Paniot, & Ivett Toth

6. Best-dressed picks? I can't remember many of them offhand, but I'll say Deniss's SP costume, Dmitri's new FS costume is nice, and for the ladies, Diana Nikitina and Marin

7. What one program are you most excited to see? I really can't choose only one...Deniss's SP, Dmitri & Daniel's FS (if they land all their jumps of course)

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Sadovsky was 14th last year at JW so Canada only has 1 spot...and he was only 9th at Canadian Nats (Nadeau was 5th). But Nicholas and Alexander Samarin both stand a decent chance of medaling - perhaps moreso than quadless Deniss, sadly. Of course ice is slippery & all that...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll answer!

1. McNamara/Carpenter, the Parsons, Daniel Samohin, Vincent Zhou, Sarah Tamura, Bradie Tennell, Tyler Pierce, Weinberg/Fernandez, and Liu/Johnson. OH And of course Deniss Vasiljevs! His SP is WOW.
2. Dance: McNamara/Carpenter. Pairs: Uh.... don't know. Ladies: Polina. Men's: As many say, unpredictable.
3. Vincent Zhou has a chance. And Deniss Vasiljevs if he lands every jump. And no pops.
4. Men's and ice dance. And somewhat pairs.
5. Daniel Samohin. I'm not sure if he's classified as a "headcase." But he hasn't shown his full perfection yet. Same with Tyler Pierce.
6. McNamara/Carpenter's SD. So lovely! Oh! And Alissa's FP cat outfit is just so cute! Deniss' SP is snazzy to the core!
7. Both programs of McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons. Deniss' SP of course. There's probably more but I can't think of any at the top of my head.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Máté Böröcz, Ivett Tóth, the Hungarian ice dance pairs, Deniss Vasiljevs, Sota Yamamoto, Jun Hwan Cha, Elizabet Tursynbaeva, Wakaba Higuchi, Yuna Shiraiwa, Polina Tsurskaya, and Maria Sotskova

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? Polina Tsurskaya, Sota Yamamoto, don't about pairs and ice dance

3. Any surprise medalist picks? I hope Ivett Tóth

4. Which discipline are you most excited for? Ladies and Men

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event-which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate their absolute best here? She is not that inconsistent..but I hope Elizabet Tursynbaeva gives her two very best performances

6. Best-dressed picks? Korean ladies

7. What one program are you most excited to see? Tursynbaeva's and Vasiljev's programs. Can't choose from them though!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ladies, Men, Pairs, Ice Dance

Viveca Lindfors, Lucrezia Gennaro, Alisa Fedichkina, Diana Nikitina, Angelina Kuchvalska, Elizabet Tursynbayeva
Kevin Aymoz, Vitamin D3, Se Jong Byun,
Anna Duskova/Martin Bidar, Renata Oganesian/Mark Bardei
Meng siblings, Betina Popova/Yuri Vlasenko, Marie-Jade Lauriault/Romain Le Gac

Polina Tsurskaya, Daniel Samohin, Lorraine McNamara/Quinn Carpenter, Anna Duskova/Martin Bidar

Alisa Fedichkina, Nicholas Nadeau

Pairs. Some of them are quite high level (too bad Atakhanova/Spiridonov had to WD :( ) and we do not have definite winner like in Ladies :p That also describe Men, but I'm Pairs devotee :biggrin:

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event-which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate their absolute best here?
Alisa Fedichkina, Kevin Aymoz, Anna Duskova/Martin Bidar

PS Same question for senior WC please!

6. Best-dressed picks?
I don't have one :shrug:

7. What one program are you most excited to see?
Just one? Kevin Aymoz's SP and Alisa Fedichikina's FP. Can't choose.

8. What Junior World Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds?
Ice Dance for sure. Probably FD and total.

9. Whom I will miss the most?
Vivian Le, Emily Chan, Denis Margalik (wonder why he's not on entry list), Nathan Chen

10. Which skater will blast their PB (like suprass by at least 10 points)?
Angelina Kuchvalska, Aleksandra Borisova/Cezary Zawadzki :biggrin:, Anastasia Mishina/Vladislav Mirzoev, Renata Oganesian/Mark Bardei

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

PS Same question for senior WC please!

i think i know the answer to that :laugh::palmf::dbana:

The Finn

Record Breaker
10. Which skater will blast their PB (like suprass by at least 10 points)?
Angelina Kuchvalska, Aleksandra Borisova/Cezary Zawadzki :biggrin:

This is a good question which I actually have thought about it also. My answer is Mishina/Mirzoev and we are not talking about them breaking PB by 10 points but maybe even by mre than 40 points if everything goes really well.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This is a good question which I actually have thought about it also. My answer is Mishina/Mirzoev and we are not talking about them breaking PB by 10 points but maybe even by mre than 40 points if everything goes really well.
Oh, right, their current PB is pretty low, they surely have a really good chances to blast it :) Though I'm not sure if by 40 points. Are they really on Borisova/Sopot level? Both TES & PCS wise?