Jr. Worlds fun questionnaire | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jr. Worlds fun questionnaire

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. Who are you most excited to see at Junior Worlds?
Ladies: Alisa, Polina, Maria, Marin, Angelina.
Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Borisova/Sopot, Duskova/Bidar.
Ice dancing: Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Loboda/Drozd, Popova/Vlasenko, Abachkina/Thauron.

2. Who do you think will win each discipline?
Tsurskaya, Mishina/Mirzoev, McNamara/Carpenter. I can't say about Men, they are too unpredictable.

3. Any surprise medalist picks?
For most people Mishina/Mirzoev would qualify as a surprise medalist. As a more of a real surprise medalist - Shpilevaya/Smirnov.

More potential surprise medalist, although I doubt any of these will actually get a medal.
Kuchvalska, Oganesian/Bardei, Nadeau, Samarin.

4. Which discipline are you most excited for?
Ladies and pairs.

5. New question: #HeadcaseHopes for this event-which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate their absolute best here?
Aliev and Samarin, Although I don't think Aliev is a headcase but he hasn't really delivered lately either.

7. What one program are you most excited to see?
Fedichkina FS.

8. What Junior World Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds?
I think Polina will break both of her JWRs.
I think Borisova/Sopot might break the SP record.

9. Whom I will miss the most?
Atakhanova/Spiridonov.

10. Which skater will blast their PB (like suprass by at least 10 points)?
Mishina/Mirzoev - Hopefully they will break their PB by more than 40 points.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Oh, right, their current PB is pretty low, they surely have a really good chances to blast it :) Though I'm not sure if by 40 points. Are they really on Borisova/Sopot level? Both TES & PCS wise?

By TES they are better but in PCS they will lose. They are fully capable to win this, there is no doubt about that and they are the current Russian junior champions after all. Borisova/Sopot were 3rd at the Russian Junior Championships. Athakhanova/Spiridonov were 2nd. Mishina/Mirzoev haven't competed much internationally but they recently scored above 175 points at international event and they also beat Oganesian/Bardei at that competition.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
By TES they are better but in PCS they will lose. They are fully capable to win this, there is no doubt about that and they are the current Russian junior champions after all. Borisova/Sopot were 3rd at the Russian Junior Championships. Athakhanova/Spiridonov were 2nd. Mishina/Mirzoev haven't competed much internationally but they recently scored above 175 points at international event and they also beat Oganesian/Bardei at that competition.

Wow, their Bavarian Open score is truly impressive! :) Shame that PB's are not counted from usual international competitions. Same with Ukrainians.... Both smashed their PB's there. Well, I knew pairs will be the most exciting event :cheer:

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Wow, their Bavarian Open score is truly impressive! :) Wonder why it's not counted to their PB score? :confused: Same with Ukrainians.... Both smashed their PB's there. Well, I knew pairs will be the most exciting event :cheer:

Only GP, Challenger Series competitions, JGP, YOG, and of course ISU Championships and OWG results will be considered as PB by ISU. So, according to ISU Bavarian Open isn't big enough international competition.

Yeah, Pairs competition will be most exciting. Although I am a bit sad that Atakhanova/Spiridonov will not be there. Also, although I am not a hater of any skater or pair, I am bit annoyed that Gubanova/Sintsov is the one who will replace Atakhanova/Spiridonov. I would have like to see Ustimkina/Volodin there so much. Too bad that Ustimkina/Volodin had a poor SP at the Russian Junior Championships which is why they narrowly Lost to Gubanova/Sintsov there.

Latvian

On the Ice
1. Who are you most excited to see at Junior Worlds?
Angelina Kuchvalska, Diana Nikitina, Deniss Vasiljevs, Russian Ladies, Japanese Ladies.

2. What rivalry will you be most excited to see here?
Angelina Kuchvalska vs. Diana Nikitina.

3. Which discipline do you think will be the best quality?
Ladies.

4. Whom will you miss the most?
Kailani Craine (SP).

Last edited:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
1.Wakaba Higuchi! Yuna Shiraiwa and Maria Sotskova
Cha Jun Hwan and Daniel Samohin

2. I'm hoping Higuchi does but likely Tsurskaya. Men : ...Samohin or Aliev

3. Maybe Yuna Shiraiwa

4. Ladies. Not gonna watch the men, cause I don't want to see that Sota is not there and is probably lying in a hospital healing his fracture and then I'll be really sad.

5. Yuna Shiraiwa. Not a headcase but more like, never finishes on the podium :(

6. Marin Honda and Wakaba Higuchi

7. Wakaba's free skate has lots of fire and explosion ( in a good way) ;) she kinda reminds me of Radionova in terms of grittiness and expression but not quite Radionova's level ( of course I'm biased and I really like Elena, don't care what others say, but I love her Titanic)

The Finn

Record Breaker
10. Which skater will blast their PB (like suprass by at least 10 points)?
Angelina Kuchvalska

Very interesting prediction, she would have to score above 187 points to make this happen. She would be very high on the scoresheet with that score.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Very interesting prediction, she would have to score above 187 points to make this happen. She would be very high on the scoresheet with that score.

Well, it's a gamble, but IMO she's able to do it if she'll pull off two flawless programs. + she made a name for herself at Europeans, so I also count that judges won't hold her down here hopefully :)