2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Seems like she had few UR... :( But that was great anyway!!!!

Judges were too harsh imo, I don't see major UR neither in 3 lutz - 3 toe combination of Galustyan but they maybe had better camer angle.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The URs for Galyustyan were horrific---but from the expression on her coach's face in the KnC, he was pretty much expecting them:

3z<+3t<, 3f!<, 2lo, 2a, 3z<, 3f!<+2t+2lo<, 3s<

She scored better (94.12) at Euros, but the URs were similar. The main difference was no edge calls on the flip, and the caller at Euros was SHIN AMANO!

3z<+3t<, 3f+2t, 3lo, 2a, 2a, 3f<+2t+2lo, 3s<

shine

Record Breaker
Congrats to Marin! I love her flirty attitude. She's like Mao 2.0.

But to be honest, not too sure if her jump technique will hold up for a long time. It's far from the best...
It seems way more secure than Fedichkina's...

Leonardo

Final Flight
What I like about Marin is that she is a very complete package. Very polished skater with good jumps, nice height/distance, good lutz, flip, loop. sal, toe, combos, beautiful flow, pretty spins, great artistry, speed and skating skills. I can not think about something that is lacking in her skating, especially for a 13 y-old. She is so special and her sp reminds of Mao.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Judges were too harsh imo, I don't see major UR neither in 3 lutz - 3 toe combination of Galustyan but they maybe had better camer angle.

I thought nearly all her URs were visible in real time. She also seemed very slow.

narcissa

Record Breaker
Omg!! Marin was SO entertaining, SO energetic, SO flexible! I loved her skate. She seriously didn't seem junior to me (unlike Maria). Reminds me of a 2008 Mirai, actually. Hopefully she'll fair a little better than Mirai on the senior circuit though...

She's also adorable, which totally helps!

I guess technically she doesn't have 7 triples, but her program more musical and less frantic/filled with transitions for the sake of transitions.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Omg!! Marin was SO entertaining, SO energetic, SO flexible! I loved her skate. She seriously didn't seem junior to me (unlike Maria). Reminds me of a 2008 Mirai, actually. Hopefully she'll fair a little better than Mirai on the senior circuit though...

She's also adorable, which totally helps!

I guess technically she doesn't have 7 triples, but her program more musical and less frantic/filled with transitions for the sake of transitions.

She did land 7 triples, it's just that she opted for simpler combinations (3S-3T and 2A-3T; she only goes for one 3Lz in the LP (and none in the SP), so her base value it's a little lower compared to the Russian girls and Wakaba