2016 Worlds Chat Thread | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Chat Thread

narcissa

Record Breaker
Post anything that's going through your mind that doesn't quite fit in anywhere else...

I'm thinking Gracie most definitely win if she skates two clean programs. The judges will PCS her out of this world.

If Ashley skates two clean programs, she might get a bronze, depending on how others do.

Otherwise, Evgenia will take the title if she makes one or fewer mistakes.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hmm...in that case, do you mean the 2016 Worlds prediction thread? ;)

I don't know what will happen - just want to enjoy the scene as it unfolds! But it would be nice if the US women showed up for once. :agree:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Post anything that's going through your mind that doesn't quite fit in anywhere else...

I'm thinking Gracie most definitely win if she skates two clean programs. The judges will PCS her out of this world.

Are you serious? :)

narcissa

Record Breaker
Are you serious? :)

She's always gotten huge scores when she's clean. But that's a big "if" :p

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm...in that case, do you mean the 2016 Worlds prediction thread? ;)

I don't know what will happen - just want to enjoy the scene as it unfolds! But it would be nice if the US women showed up for once. :agree:

Where's that thread?! :D

shininbreeze

Spectator
I have a question regarding where to drop my bag during the Exhibition before I head to airport. I may book a hotel a little bit away from TD Garden to save some money. Since TD Garden doesn't allow any bags, I have to leave my bag somewhere. I think I don't have time to go back to my hotel and get the bag then go to airport. So any suggestion where else I can left my bag near TD Garden? Anybody facing the same problem?
Thanks!!

waxel

Final Flight
Trying to buy a ticket to the FOFS breakfast. Is anyone else having trouble with the link?

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I have a question regarding where to drop my bag during the Exhibition before I head to airport. I may book a hotel a little bit away from TD Garden to save some money. Since TD Garden doesn't allow any bags, I have to leave my bag somewhere. I think I don't have time to go back to my hotel and get the bag then go to airport. So any suggestion where else I can left my bag near TD Garden? Anybody facing the same problem?
Thanks!!

A Google search brings up Sullivan's Tap. A bar, but people say they also store bags for a fee. You might want to call them to confirm though.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Thanks!!

Yes I have the same problem. I decided to stay at a hotel on the wharf, and will leave my bag there, then ferry over to the airport

EDIT: changed my flight out so I now leave Monday, so no bag issues.

Last edited:

shininbreeze

Spectator
Just curious if there is any occasion we can get closer to the players? I know in some events there is small medal ceremony where players will be in the common area, right?

hamster428

Rinkside
How is starting order determined for Worlds? Is it by current season world ranking, world ranking, season's best score, etc?

For short programs, they will have randomized draws. For long programs, will be based on results of short programs, with the best ones going toward the end.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For short programs, they will have randomized draws. For long programs, will be based on results of short programs, with the best ones going toward the end.

No, for Worlds it does have something to do with rankings for the short, but I don't know exactly how. I know the JGPs were completely randomized draws but Worlds isn't. I think rankings decide which group you'll be in and then you'll draw within that group, but again, I'm not 100% sure.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

No, for Worlds it does have something to do with rankings for the short, but I don't know exactly how. I know the JGPs were completely randomized draws but Worlds isn't. I think rankings decide which group you'll be in and then you'll draw within that group, but again, I'm not 100% sure.

So basically it goes like this -- the group is spilt into two groups: Skate earlier and skate later. The skate later folks have the higher world standing.

In the ladies, for example, there are 38 competitors. Divide by two and you have 19 skaters in each group (if it is an uneven number, there would be an extra skater "skate later group"

Out of that 19 skaters in the skating later group, the top 6 ranked would draw for spots in the final group ( Group 7, #33-#38).

The next 6 ranked skaters would draw for the second-to last group (Group 6, #27-#32)

The next 7 ranked skaters in the skate later group would then draw for spots #20-26 final spot Group 4, Group 5) . One of those skaters will in spot #20, and in the lower group.

Then the skate earlier group (19 skaters ) would draw for the first 19 spots Group 1-3 plus the first four spots of group 4. Those who are unranked in the earlier group would automatically draw for the earlier spots. I'm not sure how many of the ladies in the unranked group.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So here it would be for the ladies -- the number is their world standing.

SKATE LATER, final group (Group 7)
1. Satoko Miyahara JPN
3. Elena Radionova RUS
4. Rika Hongo JPN
5. Gracie Gold USA
6. Anna Pogorilaya RUS
7. Evgenia Medvedeva RUS

SKATE LATER, second to last group (Group 6)
8. Ashley Wagner USA
11. Mirai Nagasu USA
12. Angelina Kuchvalska LAT
14. Mao Asada JPN
15. Roberta Rodeghiero ITA
20. Gabrielle Daleman CAN

SKATE LATER, (Group 5, final spot of Group 4)
21. Elizabet Tursynbaeva KAZ
23. Nicole Rajicova SVK
24. Alaine Chartrand CAN
25. Joshi Helgesson SWE
26. So Youn Park KOR
29. Anastasia Galustyan ARM
33. Zijun Li CHN

SKATE EARLIER, ranked (#2-#18- Later 4 spots of Group 1, Group 2-3, First 4 spots of Group 4)
34. Ivett Toth HUN
35. Mae Bernice Meite FRA
36. Laurine Lecavelier FRA
37. Da Bin Choi KOR
41. Nathalie Weinzierl GER
43. Viveca Lindfors FIN
49. Kailani Crane AUS
51. Eliska Brezinova CZE
53. Aleksandra Golovkina LTU
55. Kerstin Frank AUT
55. Dasa Grm SLO
62. Anne Line Gjersem NOR
86. Amy Lin TPE
89 Sonia Lafuente ESP
97. Niki Wories NED
127 Anna Khnychenkova UKR
134 Ziquan Zhao CHN
164 Yasmine Kimiko Yamada SUI

Skate Later, UNRANKED (#1 spot, she will get this automatically).
Kristen Spours, GBR

Heck let's do the men for fun!

SKATE LATER FINAL GROUP ( Group 5; 26-30)
1. Yuzuru Hanyu, JPN
2. Javier Fernandez, ESP
3. Denis Ten, KAZ
5. Maxim Kovtun, RUS
7. Shoma Uno, JPN
8. Patrick Chan CAN

SKATE LATER NEXT TO FINAL GROUP (Group 4; 20-25)
10. Max Aaron, USA
11. Michal Brezina, CZE
12. Adam Rippon USA
13. Nam Nguyen, CAN
16. Misha Ge, UZE
17. Boyang Jin, CHN

SKATE LATER, lower ranked skater (final three spots of group 3 17-19)
18. Han Yan, CHN (so weird to see him that low! :cry)
22. Alexei Bychenko, ISR
26. Michael Christian Martinez, PHI

SKATE EARLIER group are all ranked skaters (spots 1-15; group 1, group 2 and first three spots of group 3)
27. Mikhail Kolyada, RUS
28. Ivan Righini, ITA
32. Deniss Vasiljevs, LAT
36. Grant Hochstein, USA
38. Chafik Besseghier, FRA
39. June Hyoung Lee, KOR
44. Jorik Hendrivcx, BEL
45. Franz Streubel, GER
46. Ivan Pavlov, UKR
47. Brendan Kerry, AUS
52. Julian Zhi Jie Yee, MAS
46. Phillip Harris, GBR