Ice Skating Magazine? | Golden Skate

Ice Skating Magazine?

anya_angie

Final Flight
Does anyone have a subscription to this magazine? I got all the back issues, plus a 2-year subscription, but all I got was the back issues. The last one I have is B&K and Jennifer Robinson on the covers. Does anyone know if they ceased publication?

http://www.skatinginc.com/Magazine/

brenlynn

On the Ice
I often wondered the same, as I too got a subscription and only got back issues. I hope someone knows more!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this magazine was doing well when it was SoCal Ice... I don't know if it's over and done with now or what...

maybe if you tried emailing the people of Skating Inc (who are the people also behind that magazine) you could get an answer...

anya_angie

Final Flight
I contacted them but heard nothing yet, as I recall I e-mailed a few times.

Tomorrow I'll call the 800 number.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, good luck with that :) hope it all works out! :)

I do know that one of the founders of Skating Inc went MIA for a while... I think that may have had something to do with all of the confusion that followed in their absence. It's so sad, I really liked that group of sites.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm a subscriber, too and haven't an issue in a while.

It wouldn't be the 1st skasting magzine to go out of business. I remember there was one where I didn't even get a single copy when they went bankrupt. Fortunately, I had charged to my credit card and was able to dispute it.

Silver Lining

Rinkside
Christine, who is the editor, was off sick for several months. Maybe you should post in the Feedback section of Skating Inc. The last issue I saw in Chapters was the one with Jennifer Robinson.

julesartist65

Spectator
:) Ice Skating Magazine is alive and well. I called them the day before yesterday and they said the magazine is up and running and have a new issue out - Emanuel Sandhu is on the cover. You can check it out at their website:

www.skatinginc.com/magazine

It only shows the cover - there isn't access to preview any of the articles though.

Eliza

Rinkside
Has anyone tried going to their website recently? I keep getting the reply that it can't be found.

Eliza

Snowflake3939

Rinkside
Is anyone else still having problems with Ice Skating Magazine? I ordered a single copy with Emanuel on the cover on the 15th August - finally got a receipt and it was charged to my credit card on 19th October. It's Jaunuary 5th, 2005 and I still haven't received the magazine. Around the second week of December, first I tried e-mailing them to the address on their e-receipt but got an "undeliverable" message. Then I tried filling out the on-line form on their website and it wouldn't process. Then I tried calling their toll-free number and got an answering machine - they never returned my call. I tried calling them again today - got the same answering machine. Anybody else having the same problems?

lise

On the Ice
This doesn't surprise me; they wanted to hire me last year to write for their magazine but never returned my calls (they wanted to send me to SC et al) but I needed the details so I could tell my then employer about the time off I would need.

They never answer calls; if I were you, I would complain to your credit card company, and tell them you never received the goods you paid for. I am starting to wonder if they went out of business as well since they were affliated with the now defunt ice channel. That and the fact that their website has not been updated in months; makes me wonder.

Good luck!!

Lise