2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

Violetti

On the Ice
Only a limited amount of tickets went on sale yesterday. No premium seats and no seats in the center blocks on the judges' side.
Some of those judges' side blocks probably never go on sale (VIP), some others will probably be sold as combo packages with hotel etc.
It will be interesting to see when and how many seats on that side, and on the Ice Level, actually go on general sale...

Premium seat available April 22.
http://www.helsinki2017.com/tickets
"To book the Premium seat, please contact the office of the World Figure Skating Championships 2017: [email protected] . The Premium tickets will be available through our ticket agency Lippu.fi on April 22nd."

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I stand sort of corrected, the premium seats did not go on sale on the ticket store yesterday, as such, but if you wanted to reserve them, you had to e-mail the office, as Violetti mentioned.

They are now sold out. that is, I guess all premium seats are assigned, and probably won't become available again except for the premium seats that get released if people do not make use of their reservation. <--- which I would imagine are a fair few people who already booked tickets on Ice Level 1 and who don't think the extra 200 euros are worth the upgrade. Frankly, I don't think the seat they're gonna offer me is going to be better than what I already have, but I'm perfectly willing to be surprised. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dina

Spectator
Thank you for your help and information. It's a pity that they don't sell the tickets on the judge's side yet, but I guess the opposite side won't be too bad either...I guess I'll be seeing you all in Helsinki next year :)

kelleigh

On the Ice
......which I would imagine are a fair few people who already booked tickets on Ice Level 1 and who don't think the extra 200 euros are worth the upgrade. Frankly, I don't think the seat they're gonna offer me is going to be better than what I already have, but I'm perfectly willing to be surprised. :laugh:

Oh does it mean that people can reserve premium tix and buy the level 1 tix at the same time then pay the extra bit to change the tix? I just bought the level 1 tix:(

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oh does it mean that people can reserve premium tix and buy the level 1 tix at the same time then pay the extra bit to change the tix? I just bought the level 1 tix:(
I honestly don't know what is and isn't possible. I'm not even sure if they have some sort of waiting list for the premium seats (but I don't think so). There's been very little information about how they handle this whole thing.

kelleigh

On the Ice
I honestly don't know what is and isn't possible. I'm not even sure if they have some sort of waiting list for the premium seats (but I don't think so). There's been very little information about how they handle this whole thing.

I agree with you to the limited information thing. And it sounds so uncertain to me in terms of the allocation of premium tickets. Anyway at least I got a ticket.

Caustica

Final Flight
Hey, do people reckon they will be releasing more all-event tickets any time in the future (before they release single-event tickets)? The available tickets now don't look too good, and I had no idea they were going to come out so early...

Caustica

Final Flight
I stand sort of corrected, the premium seats did not go on sale on the ticket store yesterday, as such, but if you wanted to reserve them, you had to e-mail the office, as Violetti mentioned.

They are now sold out. that is, I guess all premium seats are assigned, and probably won't become available again except for the premium seats that get released if people do not make use of their reservation. <--- which I would imagine are a fair few people who already booked tickets on Ice Level 1 and who don't think the extra 200 euros are worth the upgrade. Frankly, I don't think the seat they're gonna offer me is going to be better than what I already have, but I'm perfectly willing to be surprised. :laugh:

Hey, could I mind asking which tickets you got? I've been reading around and it seems like they have indeed been reserving many of the lower rows, so I was wondering if you managed to get a really good seat since you say that they wouldn't be able to offer you something better than what you already have. Thanks!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Hey, could I mind asking which tickets you got? I've been reading around and it seems like they have indeed been reserving many of the lower rows, so I was wondering if you managed to get a really good seat since you say that they wouldn't be able to offer you something better than what you already have. Thanks!
Dead center opposite the judges, first row behind the three premium seats rows.
Seeing as the seats on the judges's side in the center area are all VIP (i.e. probably reserved for invitees), or greyed out, i.e. not yet for sale (and as such, not premium seats), I am not exactly counting on getting a better offer, at least not with premium seats. I doubt a row three seat makes me much happier than a row four seat, not by paying 200 euros extra, and I don't fancy sitting away from the center of the arena.

But who knows, I am happy to be surprised.

agataquiroga

Rinkside
Hi everyone,

here's a crazy Spaniard who wants to buy 2 tickets (I think Ice level 2) for Worlds 2017. I already have a hotel reservation for GPF Marseille 2016, however I've never had the chance to see Worlds live, so after seeing the Worlds tickets prices I'm more inclined to head to Helsinki instead of Marseille. After seeing the available tickets now, I'm very convinced that most of the seats are blocked by tour agencies, so I'll wait a little. :bang:

What i wanted to ask is if anybody knows a tour agency so that I can see what they can offer.:scratch3:.... I have just visited DASH TOURS but they still don't have anything planned, I suppose that the passing of David Ash has postponed some future programms (I'm so sorry for his passing, I met him in GPF Barcelona 2014 and he was such a nice guy...) :eek:hwell:

Thank you in advance!!!

P.S.: Alex D , are we (Spaniards) so crazy?? :laugh:

Caustica

Final Flight
Dead center opposite the judges, first row behind the three premium seats rows.
Seeing as the seats on the judges's side in the center area are all VIP (i.e. probably reserved for invitees), or greyed out, i.e. not yet for sale (and as such, not premium seats), I am not exactly counting on getting a better offer, at least not with premium seats. I doubt a row three seat makes me much happier than a row four seat, not by paying 200 euros extra, and I don't fancy sitting away from the center of the arena.

But who knows, I am happy to be surprised.

Wow! You are really lucky. Anyway, I've just bought tickets, opposite the judges as well, relatively centre, but row 9... but hopefully it will still be good!

(By the way, sorry if this sounds stalker-ish, but I lurk around the forums a lot, and I think you've been to GPF 2014, 2015 and now you're going to Helsinki? Those are exactly the competitions that I've been to/are going to as well haha. I just found it an interesting coincidence.)

By the way, does anyone have any idea whether, for the practices, schedules are usually released? Because I would like to see some people practice but not ***all*** of them since there are so many... and I'm already planning on watching all of the actual competition.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think you've been to GPF 2014, 2015 and now you're going to Helsinki?
That is a bit creepy, hehe. Nah, just kidding. What can I say? Guilty as charged. I got bitten by the figure skating events bug. It used to be sci-fi and fantasy conventions, but that started to annoy me. If I'm gonna pay this kind of money, the people I get to see had better do something to deserve it instead of just answering some questions about shows they barely remember having guest-starred in or what their favorite color is, and charging ridiculous amount of money for a simple autograph. :noshake:

By the way, does anyone have any idea whether, for the practices, schedules are usually released? Because I would like to see some people practice but not ***all*** of them since there are so many... and I'm already planning on watching all of the actual competition.
I think they don't even have a schedule released yet for Boston, right? So it must be one of these days for Boston, and the same time frame probably goes for Helsinki.
edit: I may have misunderstood your question. The schedule for Boston was released quite a while ago already, months probably? I was thinking about the actual skaters in the specific practice groups, but of course that won't be known until close to the actual event. Sorry, lol. :palmf:

BTW I *love* the fact that the Practices also have the same reserved seats. No getting up in the middle of the night to try and get a good spot. :yahoo:

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
That is a bit creepy, hehe. Nah, just kidding. What can I say? Guilty as charged. I got bitten by the figure skating events bug. It used to be sci-fi and fantasy conventions, but that started to annoy me. If I'm gonna pay this kind of money, the people I get to see had better do something to deserve it instead of just answering some questions about shows they barely remember having guest-starred in or what their favorite color is, and charging ridiculous amount of money for a simple autograph. :noshake:

I think they don't even have a schedule released yet for Boston, right? So it must be one of these days for Boston, and the same time frame probably goes for Helsinki.

BTW I *love* the fact that the Practices also have the same reserved seats. No getting up in the middle of the night to try and get a good spot. :yahoo:

Oh, definitely, I think figure skating tickets are sooooo worth it! Because, although they're expensive, they provide sooo many hours of entertainment. :D Compared to say a concert or something...

Indeed, they don't, but I just saw on one of the threads for Worlds 2016 that practice groups would be released soon so I guess the same thing will happen next year!

Haha, are you thinking of what happened during GPF 2015, when lots of... over-zealous... Japanese fans went super early to reserve seats? It was really insane! I still managed to get good seats opposite the judges' side (for the practice sessions) without going super early though.

Oh my gosh, I'm getting excited already and it's still more than a year away. :palmf:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Hi everyone,

here's a crazy Spaniard who wants to buy 2 tickets (I think Ice level 2) for Worlds 2017. I already have a hotel reservation for GPF Marseille 2016, however I've never had the chance to see Worlds live, so after seeing the Worlds tickets prices I'm more inclined to head to Helsinki instead of Marseille. After seeing the available tickets now, I'm very convinced that most of the seats are blocked by tour agencies, so I'll wait a little. :bang:

What i wanted to ask is if anybody knows a tour agency so that I can see what they can offer.:scratch3:.... I have just visited DASH TOURS but they still don't have anything planned, I suppose that the passing of David Ash has postponed some future programms (I'm so sorry for his passing, I met him in GPF Barcelona 2014 and he was such a nice guy...) :eek:hwell:

Thank you in advance!!!

P.S.: Alex D , are we (Spaniards) so crazy?? :laugh:

Here you go the official agency: www.bjork-bostrom.fi/figure-skating/

They do really have some very good seats but you have to buy that together with the hotel room of coz. You can do the booking and select the tix pack in one go on the agency's website.

I went to GPF 2014 & 2015 also and those were just fabulous! I enjoy the atmosphere so much, it's completely different to any other figure skating competition/show experiences that I've ever had. :cool2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Haha, are you thinking of what happened during GPF 2015, when lots of... over-zealous... Japanese fans went super early to reserve seats?
I think what really annoyed me is that they would get up at oh-so-early, "reserve" a seat, and then leave again... only to return during the practice with the Japanese skaters, while the rest of the time the seats were just empty.

I went to GPF 2014 & 2015 also and those were just fabulous! I enjoy the atmosphere so much, it's completely different to any other figure skating competition/show experiences that I've ever had. :cool2:
I have no real experience with other skating events to compare. The only other one I ever visited was a Challenge Cup event in The Hague, and while it had a few good skaters, it was just a very small event, with an even smaller audience, and the most I remember about it was how utterly COLD it was.

The Barcelona GPFs were brilliant, though. Loads of fun, well organized, and, well, I love Barcelona. If Marseille and Helsinki are half as good as Barcelona, it should be great!

Caustica

Final Flight
I think what really annoyed me is that they would get up at oh-so-early, "reserve" a seat, and then leave again... only to return during the practice with the Japanese skaters, while the rest of the time the seats were just empty.

I have no real experience with other skating events to compare. The only other one I ever visited was a Challenge Cup event in The Hague, and while it had a few good skaters, it was just a very small event, with an even smaller audience, and the most I remember about it was how utterly COLD it was.

The Barcelona GPFs were brilliant, though. Loads of fun, well organized, and, well, I love Barcelona. If Marseille and Helsinki are half as good as Barcelona, it should be great!

Yes, that was what really annoyed me too. It wouldn't have annoyed me if they had went early, got the seats and proceeded to sit there, but I found what they were doing very selfish. But I was too polite to just pick up their handkerchiefs or whatever and sit on 'their' seats.

Ahhhhh I am so annoyed that I won't get to go to Marseille. It's actually on a perfect date like the past two GPFs, just at the end of my term at university, but my cousin is getting married just that weekend! How the stars (mis)align...

By the way, has anyone booked their hotels yet?