2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

TMC

Record Breaker
There already is a topic about Worlds 2017 in The Edge.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?58776-Info-2017-Worlds-in-Helsinki

Concerning tickets, you might also consider waiting to buy tickets and see what happens the next couple of weeks. I would think they will release more all-event ticket packages at some point, because they only released a small amount when they first went on sale. I am 99.9 % sure they never released any seats at all yet of, for instance, blocks 108, 109 and 119. I'm guessing they will hold some of those seats for VIPs and tour groups, but surely there'll be some for the 'normal' ticket buyers, too?

Also, some people placed an e-mail order for "premium" tickets, and because the confirmation about those seats only came the day *after* the normal ticket sales started, people bought those Ice Level 1 seats, too. So either people upgrade to premium tickets later this month (April 22 or so, IIRC) and their Ice Level tickets should become available again, or vice versa, they keep their Ice Level 1 seats, and the premium tickets should become available (maybe a waiting list?).

Our seats are in block 119...and I know of two other groups who have tix for that block, too :)

Violetti

On the Ice
i was in a hostel in the center or helsinki , all the trains from the main trainstation stop to pasibolé , the first stop for them ,so no problem whit that in 1999 . might changed .

Fabien from france

Every train stops at Pasila.

abfab

Rinkside
i used to try to be closed to the Kiss and cry for pictures ........
don't take a place too closed to the ice , a little bit higher , near an exit is good to , to have place.

Alkaid

Spectator
Went to Skate America and the Worlds this year. My suggestion is to get a seat near the skater's entrance. Although the view may not be the best, but you do get to interact with skaters a bit.

Ireth

Rinkside
Sorry for my ban English. Someone has emailed to reserve premium tickets? My friend and me have reserved two premium tickets,it suppose that today send us more info but we haven't received anything...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Sorry for my ban English. Someone has emailed to reserve premium tickets? My friend and me have reserved two premium tickets,it suppose that today send us more info but we haven't received anything...
They still have close to six hours to make good on their promise. :confused2:

Upnights

On the Ice

They still have close to six hours to make good on their promise. :confused2:

I got an email saying that instructions on getting the premium tickets would be sent on Monday, April 25.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Guys, I have a question. Never been to such big events and need help :D

What are usually the prices per event/per day? Especially interested in Free Skates... I know they go on sale only in autumn, but want to plan my budget in advance.

Looks like All-event ticket is way out of my budget (( At least Helsinki is right across the Gulf of Finland from me:)

Thanks in advance!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
What are usually the prices per event/per day? Especially interested in Free Skates...
You could have a look at the individual ticket prices they had for Boston this year. Hard to tell how much exactly individual sessions will be. In Boston, a premium ticket for the gala alone was $85 (so something like €75). But I remember that the premium tickets for the gala at the GPF last year were around €100 :roll9: So, who knows. But maybe this will give you a general idea of what you'll have to expect.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
And it depends on where you want to sit. Best seats in the arena, or are you happy with balcony seats? ;-) Huge difference in prices.

TMC

Record Breaker
You could have a look at the individual ticket prices they had for Boston this year. Hard to tell how much exactly individual sessions will be. In Boston, a premium ticket for the gala alone was $85 (so something like €75). But I remember that the premium tickets for the gala at the GPF last year were around €100 :roll9: So, who knows. But maybe this will give you a general idea of what you'll have to expect.

On my tickets (ICE 2, opposite judges) it has the value printed for each event, I guess it's not the final price. But they are all just under 35 Eur. And they are decent seats :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
On my tickets (ICE 2, opposite judges) it has the value printed for each event, I guess it's not the final price. But they are all just under 35 Eur. And they are decent seats :)
I was thinking that, too, but that probably doesn't reflect the price of single tickets. I think (?) the prices on our individual "all event" tickets are simply the price of the whole batch divided by the number of events (was it 18 or so, inc all the practices?). I would assume single individual tickets are more expensive. Well, that would seem fair to me, anyway.

edit, okay, 17 tickets at Ice Level 1 is 46,50 per ticket x 17 = 790,50 euros (ex reservation costs etc). So guessing those tickets, separately, will be at least in the 50s euros, maybe more.

Last edited:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
And it depends on where you want to sit. Best seats in the arena, or are you happy with balcony seats? ;-) Huge difference in prices.

I think I would rather prefer more expensive seats :D I was thinking whether to take all-event&balcony or some events&better seats ;)

Pamigena

Record Breaker

edit, okay, 17 tickets at Ice Level 1 is 46,50 per ticket x 17 = 790,50 euros (ex reservation costs etc). So guessing those tickets, separately, will be at least in the 50s euros, maybe more.
I must confess that I haven't looked at tickets this closely so far :laugh:

Each of our tickets says €46,50, including the practice tickets. If they were to sell tickets for practices, I wouldn't assume that they'd charge 46,50 for each session

And prices between disciplines and SP/FS usually vary.

See Boston:

Short Dance:
premium/club $125, end lodge $50

Ladies FS:
premium/club $175, end lodge $100

so :confused2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I got an email saying that instructions on getting the premium tickets would be sent on Monday, April 25.
I just (finally?) got an e-mail, too, but now that I read it more carefully, it doesn't actually say Monday anywhere, at least my e-mail doesn't. Just "In the next week" and again "next week" as time indicator. How's that for vague?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Each of our tickets says €46,50, including the practice tickets. If they were to sell tickets for practices, I wouldn't assume that they'd charge 46,50 for each session
You're right, of course that makes a lot more sense.
Although... does it? I mean, I know there are plenty of people out there who think the practice sessions are more interesting than the competition events, and would probably be happy to pay quite a bit more than the, what was it, couple of euros we paid for them at the GPF. :laugh:

danilv

Spectator
I haven't posted here in ages (actually, maybe never?:think:), but after attending Worlds in Boston I am now planning a trip to Helsinki - yay! I just wanted to note that I ended up with too many tickets for Boston, and ended up selling some of them (and giving some away) - and most events (other than ladies free) were going for way under face value in the couple of weeks leading up to the event. I know that waiting to buy tickets on the secondary market is too risky for some people planning a big trip around the event - but it's something I'm considering - it would have saved me a boatload in Boston!