• Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Marin HONDA

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Who do you think will win the title in Ladies?

Also name your favorite skater in the thread and give us three words (adjectives) that defines her for you.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Polina TSURSKAYA will win.

Maria SOTSKOVA is my favorite.

- black
- magic
- woman ;)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Polina will win

my favourite is Elizabet!
- fierce (esp at K&C :biggrin:)
- underrated (i think her basic is very good but because she is small its often overlooked)
- light

and to me, she has the best landing position! :biggrin: also i agree with naz :luv17:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
No doubt Tsurskaya will win.

My favorites are Tsurskaya, Higuchi and Honda

Tsurskaya: powerful, dominating, true
Higuchi: strong, swift, outstanding
Honda: willowy, supple, splendid

MiRé

Match Penalty
Polina will win for sure....
but my favorite is Yuna Shiraiwa(and her 3S+3Lo) :luv17:

Youthful
Unique
Nonchalant
Alluring

:biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Winner: Polina Tsurskaya

Favorites:

Alisa Fedichkina: charming, expressive, graceful

Marin Honda: elegant, refined, whimsical

Wakaba Higuchi: powerful, dynamic, explosive

Last edited:

nikros

Rinkside
Polina:
-huge jumps
-power in each movement
-real chess queen
Alisa:
-consistent
-very nice programs
-charm
Marin:
-artistic skills
-charm
-smile

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Polina is a lock for gold.

Wakaba: Fiery. Exuberant. Tenacious.

Last edited:

MasterB

Final Flight
All is pointing towards Polina for the win but, my favorites and Wakaba and Marin

Wakaba for that gorgeous Triple Lutz/Triple Loop.

Marin for her easy smooth style.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Polina is very impressive, and I'll be happy if/when she wins, but I'd have to say my favorite is Alisa...her programs are more memorable, and I support Dmitri, so how could I not support his other half? ;) I also like Marin, and the Latvian girls of course.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Polina will win for sure....
but my favorite is Yuna Shiraiwa(and her 3S+3Lo) :luv17:

Youthful
Unique
Nonchalant
Alluring

:biggrin:

Sorry to say this, but I feel she is like another Miyahara...weak jump abilities (her low jump height and her lutz and flip edges are questionable like Miyahara during her junior period) with decent skating skills and musicality. I don't feel she is unique and special, but you can disagree with me of course.

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Sorry to say this, but I feel she is like another Miyahara...weak jump abilities (her low jump height and her lutz and flip edges are questionable like Miyahara during her junior period) with decent skating skills and musicality. I don't feel she is unique and special, but you can disagree with me of course.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but I'm hoping she'll improve like no other!!! One can hope right?? :laugh: Plus, her 3S+3Lo is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I completely understand where you're coming from, but I'm hoping she'll improve like no other!!! One can hope right?? :laugh: Plus, her 3S+3Lo is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Of course you can hope, but jumping abilities are not easily attainable and more like a naturally born gift. I think I usually prefer strong jumpers to skater who don't have that talent if I don't find a skater with total package.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Given the judging panel it will be nearly impossible for a Japanese skater to win. The best hope is for a podium placement.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Given the judging panel it will be nearly impossible for a Japanese skater to win. The best hope is for a podium placement.

sorry what do you mean?

Layback11

Record Breaker

Her jumps are quite a bit stronger than Satoko's, actually. But unlike Satoko, her spins and interpretation are not really noteworthy. I agree somewhat, but I think her jumps are better than you do, it seems. Not my favorite junior, but she has potential.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Well, if Polina makes any mistakes, my money is on Wakaba for the title. Marin has a shot at the podium, too (although someone would have to mess up).