World Champs: Predictions Game Round 3 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

World Champs: Predictions Game Round 3

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but do we have an ETA when the ladies' results will be posted?

I am so sorry. I have not been visiting the competitions part of the forum since before the TCC, and so only realised that we had outstanding scores there now when I went to organise the spreadsheet alphabetically and make out the Hall of Fame tables for the TCC.

I have contacted the scorers to let them know, so hopefully it will not be long until everything is finished up and the final results of the Predictions Game can be revealed.

(I do know that one of the TCC scorers was sick, and that was why she was not able to do the scoring at the time).

Although, if you look at the Hall of Fame thread now, you might get a preview of the final podium positions for the Men and Team categories... ;) :biggrin:

Sorry again

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just another update to let you know that the Ladies scorer has now let me know that she will not be able to do the scoring.

Consequently, I will be scoring it myself.

I have a couple of hours now and, if that isn't enough, I'll come back to it tomorrow morning. There's motorbike racing on TV all day today (MotoGP followed by British Superbikes)!!!! :cheer:

So, please bear with me.

EDIT: I forgot to say, all the TCC scores are in the spreadsheet now and, consequently, we have our overall Predictions Game medallists for the Men's, Pairs, Dance and Team categories in the Hall of Fame!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, apologies again for the delay.

All I can say is “WOW!” I knew we had a lot of players for the World Championships, but I didn’t realise that it was as many as 102!!!

I can now understand why the original Ladies scorer didn’t want to do the scoring again after she lost the results. It took me a total of FOUR hours to do it!!!

The bulk of that time was going through copying all the predictions from the thread into Excel. And then copying all the scores into the Google Spreadsheet. The scoring itself was quick enough, thanks to samkrut’s formula (I will never stop being grateful for that! :bow:)

Although, I have a confession to make. It would have taken about half an hour less, except I made the same mistake as matmuh did, i.e. forgetting that it was double points. And it was only when I was half way through putting the scores into the spreadsheet that I realised. :palmf:

But, hopefully these are the right scores. If anybody spots any mistakes, please let me know!

Firstly, here are the podium positions for the Ladies category at the World Championships.

GOLD with 120 points: TMC.

SILVER with 100 points: jkun.

BRONZE with 90 points: apgold, Crossover, Karpenko, Nathan13, The Finn.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :points:

And here are the overall podium positions for the World Championships.

GOLD with 390 points: rosacotton, sequinsgalore.

SILVER with 380 points: TMC.

BRONZE with 370 points: NYscorp6, xibsuarz.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :points:

The podium positions for all the categories at the World Championships, along with the overall Predictions Game standings after the World Championships, can be found in this post in the Hall Of Fame thread:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ALL-OF-FAME!&p=1337709&viewfull=1#post1337709

Apologies again for the delay.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right. I've just been making out the Top 10 Final Positions post, and discovered that I made a major mistake somewhere in the spreadsheet this morning. The result is that there is a discrepency in the scores.

So, until I work out where it went wrong, please ignore everything that refers to scores!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I've found the problem. There was a mistake in the formulae adding up the scores on a few rows of the Discipline Summary sheet.

So, you'll be pleased to know it did not affect the podium positions for the World Championships. It was just the overall Predictions Game Standings tables that were out. And they have now been fixed.

Corrected Worlds tables
Corrected TCC tables

Unfortunately, it means that I no longer have an overall bronze medal in Pairs! :cry:

Oh well! Serves me right!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Thank you for all the hard work!

Gold in men, gold in ladies, bronze in dance :hap57:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Wow, gold overall!?

Thanks CaroLiza_fan so much for all your hard work!!! It is greatly appreciated. :points:

Hopefully we can do this again next season! :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Thanks to the scorers, it's often overlooked the work that goes into this :thank:

And congrats to all our very own world and overall champions! Well done! :cool2: