2016 World Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Pairs Free Skate

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ah, the missing combo will hurt them. But entertaining overall. I wish for a less risky FS music selection next season. :biggrin:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
2 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

Music: The Way We Were performed by Barbara Streisand
Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees
Disco Inferno by The Tramps

Black sparkly dress / red shirt, black pants, vest

3Lz
3Tw - low catch
5ALi

... my stream did and only went back after the skate. Replay shows:

3LoTh
2S+COMBO - she did 2S+2T+2T, he fell on 3S

FS: 56.70+55.27-1.00 = 110.97, 170.73, 1/2

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
OK, CBC is back. I've had problems before, with stuttering and having to refresh (and watch the 30-second ad again), but this was different.

Lota

Record Breaker
I think the problem may be that they need more international experience.

Giselle

Medalist
Can anyone explain what "Memories" and "Saturday Night Fever" and "You Light Up My Life" have to do with each other besides the 70's? Whose idea was this??

They couldn't make up their minds about which piece of music to skate to so they decided to keep all of them :laugh2:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Say what you will about this team, they still get my award for best costume malfunction EVER. His bow tie flying into the crowd was just SO amazing :love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I thought I saw something (like a belt?) fly off of him after the opening SBS jump.

I think it was his bow tie and it literally flew into the crowd. Hopefully they will replay it, it was my moment of these championships so far.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
A lot of times when the pairs to their SBS spins, I hear what sounds like someone yelling to signal a position change. Is that one of the skaters? Someone on the side?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The Wangs have such a nice, floaty style. Too bad that floating stops right when Girl Wang has to do a solo jump.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
A lot of times when the pairs to their SBS spins, I hear what sounds like someone yelling to signal a position change. Is that one of the skaters? Someone on the side?

It's one of the skaters, so they know when to change position.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I think they are really, really lovely. Lots of potential and finesse already. I can see why they're sent here.