2016 World Championships Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Mens Short Program

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yeah, that's the worst starting place, to skate last after those guys. Anyway, I think Boyang Jin has actually the best chances to get into that final group. I think he'll kick out Kovtun or Ten.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This will be interesting as I'll be juggling watching the live results on the ISU live results page and eating dinner with my teammates. And I might not be able to see the end of the live results because I want tp be well-rested for a test tomorrow that I've been studying my booty off for.

aims

Rinkside
FYI, here is the 'perfect score' for Yuzuru's short that he'll be striving for, TES based on clean jumps and level 4 elements with +3 GOES for all, plus max PCS.
TES63.65+PCS50.00=113.65.
At the GPFinal, he scored TES61.81+PCS49.14=110.95, only 2.70 off from perfection. Let's see if he can top THAT!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I want it so much for him. This would be so incredible. The pessimist in me says it won't happen. I surely hope I'll be proven wrong.

jkun

Final Flight
Yeah, that's the worst starting place, to skate last after those guys. Anyway, I think Boyang Jin has actually the best chances to get into that final group. I think he'll kick out Kovtun or Ten.

The final group (assuming 6) will probably be:

Yuzuru
Javier
Boyang
Shoma
Max
Patrick? I think Patrick will screw up his short program like usual and then come back in the free.

jeff goldblum

On the Ice
I realized my single event ticket is for both the opening ceremony and the men's short program. Will I be able to skip the opening ceremony and enter just at the start of the short program?

Rissa

Record Breaker
FYI, here is the 'perfect score' for Yuzuru's short that he'll be striving for, TES based on clean jumps and level 4 elements with +3 GOES for all, plus max PCS.
TES63.65+PCS50.00=113.65.
At the GPFinal, he scored TES61.81+PCS49.14=110.95, only 2.70 off from perfection. Let's see if he can top THAT!

I will be perfectly happy if he just gets close, a bit too much to demand pefection for the third time on one season. Just hoping for no falls. :yes:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully Hanyu didn't peak back in the GP season. He without a doubt is the best skater in the world right now but the best skater doesn't always win.

gsyzf

Medalist
I will be perfectly happy if he just gets close, a bit too much to demand pefection for the third time on one season. Just hoping for no falls. :yes:

I am fine with him getting anything higher than what he got last year. He got 95 last year. So 96+ would be good enough. I don't expect him to get a world record SP score at this worlds.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Horrible draw for Mikhail. :sad21: Second spot won't boost his scores.

Still, I hope he does well! :cheer:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I think this is the first time that I watch an event from the very first skater to the last one (excluding Grand Prix Series and well I don't wanna watch the last skater this time though) because there are just TOO many good skaters to watch!!!

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Horrible draw for Mikhail. :sad21: Second spot won't boost his scores.

Still, I hope he does well! :cheer:

Yes it is not a good position score-wise and I really hope the judges could give the score reasonably cuz he got such an entertaining program and I like it so much!