2016 World Championships Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies SP

qwertyskates

Medalist
Please help...how many more hours till Ladies SP and is there a working link?

The one I used yesterday is playing car racing...:(

Alex D

Record Breaker
Please help...how many more hours till Ladies SP and is there a working link?

The one I used yesterday is playing car racing...:(

CBC and BBC should show it complete, the ISU channel of course (but extremely geo blocked). I watch the ISU most likely, no commentary I like that. So I would advice to tune in about an hour from now.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Thanks guys, for the heads up.:agree: Appreciate it! Better to plan my day's errands.

Here's a link that worked well yesterday in case anyone needs it. Might be working when Ladies' are on, enjoy and good luck to all the ladies! Hope it goes better than the Men's SP.

http://streamking.cc/sport1ru

desertskates

Medalist
Ahhh, getting nervous for all the top ladies! I really hope they all do their best. Please be clean Ashley and Gracie! And Mao :)

nox1

On the Ice
I'm also getting nervous! I'm hoping that Lena and Satoko will skate their bests. Elena has always been my favourite, so of course I want her to do well, and I feel she has a lot to prove at this competition. Satoko also deserves a medal as she's had such a great season and she's so sweet and just :luv17:

(also good luck to Kristen Spours representing Great Britain!)

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Wonder which ladies will surprise us and not make the Free skate like in the men's and dance events. I have a sneaky feeling it may actually be one of the CAN ladies who falls apart and doesn't make it. Expect to see the 3 USA ladies in the final group after the short so my question is more who will be the other 3 to make it and who won't. The ladies event is prime time in the USA so I think they will be pulling out all stops to make the final group - with a little help from the judges.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i have so many skaters i LOVE!!! but special shout out to Elizabet, Satoko, Ivett, So Youn and Mirai!!!! :love:

OniBan

Final Flight
got back from night class, packed dinner to go, and I am ready to eat it in front of the PC while refreshing every few seconds when the ladies' event starts XD

KKonas

Medalist
Ladies SP Judging Panel
1. Prokop - SVK
2. Na Young Ahn - KOR
3. Szilagyi - HUN
4. Baudysova -CZE
5. Van Gerwen-Maas - NED
6. Senft - CAN
7. Binz-oser - SWI
8. Pizzocari - ITA
9. Kurri - FIN

temadd

Final Flight
:laugh: you can criticize her jumps all you want but she has the best "presentation" in the field, after Mao. That includes skating skills, music comprehension and interpretation, smooth multidirectional step sequences, fast, centered spins with beautiful positions and the only skater to spin both ways. The complete package as far as "presentation" goes.

That may be true but she is still lacking in interpretation.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Euro heavy panel BUT no RUS, USA, or JP judge on it.

it's Euro heavy but given the countries, I don't think there is gonna be more clemency to Europeans (Russians specifically) as none of those countries have strong historical or political ties with Russia.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Browsing her Instagram is always like browsing the book of a super model, she never fails to impress. Since my knowledge about eyebrows is limited, what eyebrows are considered good and bad? Mine always look the same :scratch2: I find it hilarious by the way, how many comments on FB & Co. are always about "I love you Gracie, Liza, Yulia ..." People are so emotional :luv17: love is everywhere. But then again, we have rude people who say mean things...

I hope the haters will always remember this,

https://www.instagram.com/p/-xgAGdLAnj/?taken-by=graciegold95

Gracie's gorgeous, but sometimes she goes a touch too heavy on the eyebrow pencil. I also started noticing that when she did that she tended not to skate up to her potential. My theory is that the nerves start creeping in when she's getting ready.

YMMV on what make good eyebrows, but I like a more natural look on my clients (I'm an esthetician)

Alex D

Record Breaker
The ISU and CBC channel are now online, I can not say much about geo blocking as I use something to avoid blocks, but I bet CBC is Canada restricted and the ISU has restrictions too as listed. Both are working and in HD, plus commentary free. Right now skaters say stuff about Boston at the video wall.

BBC has no stream as of now, Eurosport is offline too.

I will be gone for six hours now, but maybe it helps some of you.

Best of luck to all the skaters and don´t fight guys, it´s just sport and only one can be the winner, even if all will be winners for me. :love: