2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

Krislite

Medalist
How depressing is it that many of us know the fix is in for Gracie to win? I really wish the sport wasn't like this, but I just feel numb and resigned to accept it. I can't even get angry about it. I just hope my girls skate well and are happy with their performances. Sadly, that's all I can do.

Fix? What Fix? Your darling Zhenya is only 3 points behind the bomb-prone Gracie Gold after her mistake in the SP. If Medvedeva makes mistakes it's not "fixing" for Gracie to outscore her at all.

whatif

Medalist
So Gracie just needs to repeat her National's score this year to take this. I say that should be easy now.

Barb

Record Breaker
Good Morning Everyone, I just had a Venti Mocha from Starbucks and I'm feeling good as we go into the Ladies Final. I hope the US Ladies will skate as well as our Men did last night. I must admit that I'm disappointed we were unable to keep our 3rd spot but, I think the US Men skated to the best of their abilities and were beaten by better skaters. The Men's field is as deep as the Ocean and hopefully Joshua, Jason, Nathan, Grant, Ricky and Ross will all be back and healthy next year.

I have never been so nervous for the ladies event. I still have Evgenia as the winner but, I am praying that Gracie gets on the podium. Not just for her but, also for Frank Carroll. He looked absolutely devastated after Denis's performance and I think a bad skate from Gracie will send him into retirement. I want to see him go out on top with a smile on his face and I hope Gracie can help with that.

I would love to see Ashley stay in the top 5 and if Mirai can make the top 10, I would consider this one of the best Worlds for the US Ladies in the last 10 years. Lastly, I would love to see Anna Pogorilaya have another great skate. She had SOOO much pressure on her last night and she handled like a real diva. Good Luck and Great Skating to all the ladies this afternoon.

You are so sweet!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can't tell you enough how worried I am about Frank Carroll. I've been watching him for decades and have seen his reactions to his skaters losing before. Last night was easily the saddest I've seen him look. For HIS sake, I want Gracie to skate perfectly, even if she doesn't win, I want her to get a huge ovation from the crowd and get herself in any place on the podium.

Last edited:

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
It's a fix because Gold was definitely overscored in the SP. And they've set her up to win even if she makes a mistake or two.

^ Now you are making me want to root against Gracie just to prove the conspiracy theorists wrong. ;)

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
My final prediction for medalists:
GOLD - Gold
SILVER - Medvedeva
BRONZE - Wagner

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's a fix because Gold was definitely overscored in the SP. And they've set her up to win even if she makes a mistake or two.

If this is an honest comment, I think your knowledge of skating might be limited. Gracie's program was technically difficult, beautifully choreographed, and skated with more character than she's had all season. In fact, maybe ever. She earned her place at the top and had Med skated better, I would have had no problem seeing her in first place. It just wasn't her night. Some people might say that Anna was over scored. I however, thought she was great.

Last edited:
I can't tell you enough how worried I am about Frank Carroll. I've been watching him for decades and have seen his reactions to his skaters losing before. Last night was easily the saddest I've seen him look.

Or does he just look older? Or does he just have on a sad-looking hat?

Krislite

Medalist

Oh please. This isn't a "Fix". A fix is Adelina scoring 8 points higher than Mao in the Sochi LP.

If Zhenia pulls of an inspired 8-triple LP and is still scored way below a weaker Gold, then we can talk about fixes.

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
If this is an honest comment, I think your knowledge of skating might be limited. Gracie's program was technically difficult, beautifully choreographed, and skated with more character than she's had all season. In fact, maybe ever. She earned her place at the top and had Med skated better, I would have had no problem seeing in first place. It just wasn't her night. Some people might say that Anna was over scored. I however, thought she was great.

I think Anna deserved to be first. Gracie was overscored on PCS. While this is the best short she has ever had, she still lacks interpretation and any kind of connection to the music. Ashley is miles ahead in this regard. It would be fair if Gracie was closer to 74. But they gave her a couple of extra points in PCS IMO.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Or does he just look older? Or does he just have on a sad-looking hat?

:laugh2: No......That's not it. I've seen him look worried or even disappointed at scores before. In fact, in 2001 when Michelle got her scores after the free program at Worlds. He shook his head and looked upset at the judges but, not at Michelle as she had done the best she could. Remember in 2010 when Mirai won the SP at Worlds and the bombed her FP and dropped like a stone out of medal contention? Even then.....He didn't look as sad as he did last night.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think Anna deserved to be first. Gracie was overscored on PCS. While this is the best short she has ever had, she still lacks interpretation and any kind of connection to the music. Ashley is miles ahead in this regard. It would be fair if Gracie was closer to 74. But they gave her a couple of extra points in PCS IMO.

Here's the thing about Gracie. She has Frank and Lori on her team. That's like having Alexei Mishin in Russia. You just don't mess with a Man who has won as much as he has.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will just say what i've always said when Gracie has a chance to win. Just land the damn jumps!!!

MaureenKB

Rinkside
Funny, my husband mentioned to me last night that he thought Frank Carroll did not look well and that was before Denis skated. I think Frank was disappointed for Denis in the Kiss and Cry.

I am just hoping that all of the ladies skate their best here and that we have an exciting event.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Whew, with all this talk about a fix in for Gracie to win gold, now I don't need to worry about how she skates! What a relief.

desertskates

Medalist
Funny, my husband mentioned to me last night that he thought Frank Carroll did not look well and that was before Denis skated. I think Frank was disappointed for Denis in the Kiss and Cry.

I am just hoping that all of the ladies skate there best here and that we have an exciting event.

I also thought he didn't look well. I hope evrything is ok.

whatif

Medalist
Gracie has been given a chance with that cushion in SP and alleged forthcoming bias by the judging panel again tonight, So it is hers to lose. Now it is her chance to shine.

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm happy that Gracie is in first and in a position to win but Ryan Bradley seems to think that she's one of the fiercest competitors...like ever. Is he feeling alright. Maybe she's very competitive but I still don't see her as a great competitor...yet. Too inconsistent imo.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
New bet: How many pages will this thread get to before the skate actually starts?