Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Figure Skating Anime

Bona Fide Member

10 Not allowed!

Figure Skating Anime

Some characters look alike some skaters that we know and Kenji Miyamoto will be handling coreography.

Teaser

The anime will be directed by Sayo Yamamoto who also directed the short about Figure Skating "Endless Night"
    Video Start at 1:20 mark

Tech team looks really amazing

Manga creator Mitsurou Kubo (Moteki, 3.3.7 Byooshi) and director Sayo Yamamoto (Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, Michiko & Hatchin) are credited with the original work for the series. Yamamoto is also directing and overseeing the scripts for the series, and Kubo is designing the original characters and drawing the storyboards. Additionally, Tadashi Hiramatsu (Parasyte -the maxim-) is adapting the character designs for animation, Kenji Miyamoto is credited with the figure skating choreography, Taro Umebayashi (aka milk from PIANO) and Taku Matsushiba (PIANO) are composing the music, and Keisuke Tominaga (Kids on the Slope, Terror in Resonance music director) is the music producer. MAPPA will animate the series.
    Source
    Last edited by cruzceleste; 03-27-2016 at 07:40 PM.

10 Not allowed!
    The blond character in the red-and-white Russia jacket is so obviously Plushy

On the Ice

8 Not allowed!
    They need to have a coach that goes to practices in a HUUUUGE fur coat. looking forward to this show!

Bona Fide Member

6 Not allowed!
    I believe that if I were to watch it, I'd constantly harp on it for not being realistic... (so I'll pass on this)

(I think you could get a decent anime out of the current Cricket Club, though. )

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Wow this is awesome. Can't wait for the release.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interspectator View Post
    They need to have a coach that goes to practices in a HUUUUGE fur coat. looking forward to this show!
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Look at the left corner

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    I can't seem to see this

There was a picture I saw that had a second blond character, and the costume and facial expression reminded me of Artur.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    I believe that if I were to watch it, I'd constantly harp on it for not being realistic... (so I'll pass on this)

(I think you could get a decent anime out of the current Cricket Club, though. )
    -OR Eteri's club?

0 Not allowed!
    Is that Tarasova?

0 Not allowed!
    What are we supposed to be looking at? All I get (in between the advertising) is a message that says "Sorry, its licensed, and not available"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxes View Post
    What are we supposed to be looking at? All I get (in between the advertising) is a message that says "Sorry, its licensed, and not available"
    That's what I get too

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I get too
    It's a page from the Kiss & Never Cry manga. The character in the left hand corner resembles Tarasova (at least, to me XD).

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxes View Post
    That's what I get too
    Sorry the linl is blocked where you are

Quote Originally Posted by oriquey View Post
    It's a page from the Kiss & Never Cry manga. The character in the left hand corner resembles Tarasova (at least, to me XD).
    Exactly

Cheering on House Holbová Of Páfos in Cup Of Tyrol CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Very interesting! I would love to see this, as it would be fun seeing who appears, and how they are portrayed.

And I see that it is being distributed by Avex Trax, who also distributed Shanadoo, a Japanese girl group that I liked about 10 years ago. (Was it really that long ago???!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by oriquey View Post
    Same here.

But, what I want to know is when did Tarasova start working with Rika Hongo?!

(Suffice to say, it's not blocked with me! )

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    i think i saw kevin reynolds

1 Not allowed!
    Probably he is. https://twitter.com/kudryavkaaa/stat...92556510482432 They call Yuri "tsar" (emperor, prince) "living legend" these are Plushy's names in Japan. And we all know his popularity in Japan. This wouldn't be first time when Plushy is an actor in anime, cartoon, game( many people think he inspired Ivan Braginsky in Hetalia etc.)

But maybe this skater is a mix of Russian skaters.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 03-28-2016 at 03:55 AM.

2 Not allowed!
    I saw the original Endless Night at Animator Expo, as well as a BTS shot of how they did the choreo, it was such a huge thing for such a small video, so I have great hopes that this will work out too. This is the original video, if anyone cares to see it:

http://rutube.ru/video/9e0db02eed61c...5c601066630de/

I don't see it here so

With our main character Katsuo Yuuri played by Toyonaga Toshiyuki, rival skater Yuri Plisetski played by Uchiyama Kouki, and the international super skater Victor Nikiforov played by Suwabe Jun’ichi, we’ve got an amazing cast bursting at the seams with popularity and prowess!
    So sounds like a typical rival plot of anime, but we are still really early in the game with this one.
    Last edited by Yatagarasu; 03-28-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Probably he is. [url]https://twitter.com/kudryavkaaa/status/713992556510482432[/url] They call Yuri "tsar" (emperor, prince) "living legend" these are Plushy's names in Japan. And we all know his popularity in Japan. This wouldn't be first time when Plushy is an actor in anime, cartoon, game( many people think he inspired Ivan Braginsky in Hetalia etc.)

But maybe this skater is a mix of Russian skaters.
    Oh lol, there seems to be no doubt!

Is the premise of the anime known? A typical underdog's-road-to-success or something else? From the teaser it seems to be centered on the men's category... I kinda expected that the first figure skating anime would be about girls, full-blown shoujo.

ETA: I completely fail at reading, omg. I had the premise right there under my nose.
    Last edited by Rissa; 03-28-2016 at 04:37 PM.

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    There have been other figure skating anime before, but this is the first time I've been impressed by the animation. It was a good idea for them to get a real choreographer on board. Maybe if this becomes successful they'll introduce other disciplines too.

0 Not allowed!
    OMG I'm so excited for this new animeee yeeeesss finally something serious about figure skating
    And Kenji Miyamoto as choreographer this is just awesome. I have to stop writing because I could never finish with the beautiful adjectives for this promiseful magnificent work

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast