2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Well I asked them via Twitter to confirm if listed times are EDT or PDT & will let u know. Also wanted to mention that tthe start order here is totally different than the breakdown in your post #10 - it shows the group of men as Jin, Brown & Voronov in that order followed by group 3 ladies, with Radionova, not Ashley, as final skater.

Well their response was its EDT. I wrote back that one page says 10:30 EDT and other says 7:51 EDT and asked them which is correct. Will update when they reply - although the way things have been, not sure I will rely on them!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I want to wish all skaters clean skates & lots of fun! :hap10:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
This is a strange competition imo. Except for the money is it taken seriously?

On the surface it doesn't mean anything. However, now that there is a team event in the Olympics, these competitions do give the ISU and the individual country associations a chance to get some experience in creating team events that work and finding strategies that give the best results.

The USFSA results page is now up with times and starting orders, along with the judging panel.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well their response was its EDT. I wrote back that one page says 10:30 EDT and other says 7:51 EDT and asked them which is correct. Will update when they reply - although the way things have been, not sure I will rely on them!

The leaderboard heading now has been corrected to PDT. (Woo-hoo :yay:.)

The opening ceremony takes place before tonight's SPs start -- and is the reason (I am pretty sure) for the gap btwn 10:30 EDT and 7:51 PDT/10:51 EDT.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The leaderboard heading now has been corrected to PDT. (Woo-hoo :yay:.)

The opening ceremony takes place before tonight's SPs start -- and is the reason (I am pretty sure) for the gap btwn 10:30 EDT and 7:51 PDT/10:51 EDT.

Yes, thanks, you beat me to it! They just replied that opening ceremony starts at 10:30 EDT and programs at 10:51 EDT.

I'm impressed that they corrected it so quickly, but it makes me wonder why they were so lax in correcting subscription info... Oh well, not a topic to revisit now!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Isn't home-cooking of PCS a myth? I would really like someone to present statistical or other evidence that it exists.

Ladies at 2016 Worlds: Ashley and Gracie's PCS were definitely inflated.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, thanks, you beat me to it! They just replied that opening ceremony starts at 10:30 EDT and programs at 10:51 EDT. ...

BTW, I realize that I forgot to note that the times in the random tweet still do not align with the leaderboard times. (And the opening ceremony would not explain those discrepancies. So going forward, my choice will be to forget that the random tweet existed.)

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
I guess they are skating the same programs they skated all season. That I would only want to watch free.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have the start order with links to scoring on the front page- I hope I have it right.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess they are skating the same programs they skated all season. That I would only want to watch free.

Jason has a new SP. of course, we hardly got to see the old ones, at least I didn't see enough of them:biggrin:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jason has a new SP. of course, we hardly got to see the old ones, at least I didn't see enough of them:biggrin:

I am kinda sad to have not got an awesome Gatsby SP out of Jason... but alas his back is more important. Though the 1T on his 3F+1F was a very pretty single.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Almost all of the skaters competed at Worlds earlier this month.

Unrealistic to expect them to have new programs so soon thereafter.

Jason and Voronov are the two exceptions who did not compete at Boston Worlds.

I have the start order with links to scoring on the front page- I hope I have it right.

Thank you, Doris :bow:.

Meanwhile, I am curious to see how/where USFS/IN will display the team results for the SP :popcorn:.
The pre-existing software presumably would not be able to accommodate the novel TCC SP structure of awarding placement points within each flight.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Meanwhile, I am curious to see how/where USFS/IN will display the team results for the SP :popcorn:.
The pre-existing software presumably would not be able to accommodate the novel TCC SP structure of awarding placement points within each flight.

I am sure that is why they took so long to post the results page.

There is the phrase "Team Results" at the bottom of the Results page. I presume that will become a link at some point.

charmblade

Final Flight
On the IceNetwork backstage stream Michael Weiss just said Shoma is going to do a quad flip tonight. :shocked:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I need a miracle ...link to livestream.
Doesn't look too promising. I've been over to the worlds thread trying all those links,nothing yet. I'll keep looking.

charmblade

Final Flight
Yeah, i didn't buy the extra access on IN since I thought it was so annoying for them to expect that of us. I tried turning on the live stream using my regular login and hoping maybe they would screw up and it would magically work, but no luck. The backstage stuff is free, though, if anyone's interested.

temadd

Final Flight
I caved just now and paid the 9.99. I know I'm a sellout. But I will share as much as possible. They are introducing the teams right now.