List of Candidates for ISU President Grows | Page 2 | Golden Skate

List of Candidates for ISU President Grows

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I am glad to see someone interested in actually marketing the skating sports.

Not only marketing, but marketing in tandem with digitalization. It's where the presentation of the sport is ending for most fans.

Then again, I'm of the Anybody But The French Excrement Party Sounds Good To Me.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wasn't there rumours Lakernik and cronies are up for Isu presidency this year?

Come on Junko! Mao need you! Let's penalise excessive tanos, imbalanced choreography, outrageous pre-rotations, tiny jumps less than 10cm off the ground, excessive 3t, and appalling costumes... ( actually maybe not on the last one...) Let's do it all in the name good for the sport like what the Russians do. Let's secretly all train for 3loop 3loop combo then boost it by 2 points for 'rarity' to add to the new rule book while Japan secretly trains for it. Make sure you place someone on tech chair too, so all mao's UR suddenly all disappears but not for everyone else of course, while everyone's step sequence get no more than level 3. Have to be strict because it is Mao'so strength after all. Also, make sure everyone can get penalise for excessive speeding just in case someone like Yuna and her crossovers comes back that made everyone looks comatose in comparison. Limit on Anna'so humongous size jumps too.

Sounds like a plan to rule until 2018 :devil: oh yeah and tighten up the drug testing plus add the age limit to compete in the seniors to 18 should do it.

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
This whole situation is farcical. Speed skating and figure skating are fundamentally different types of sports and need different types of leadership. Figure skating needs someone with their own name cachet, who can deal well with the media, and who the media would want to talk to. Figure skating needs a promoter(Dana White, Vince McMahon) at it's head and speed skating does not. It's sad that the figure skating community did not put forward any great candidates.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
... Let's secretly all train for 3loop 3loop combo then boost it by 2 points for 'rarity' to add to the new rule book while Japan secretly trains for it.

Why Americans don't train any combo or jumping variation? let's be serious, there's no secret that Russians and Japanese train much harder than Americans or Candians. (with a few exceptions)

I see you complaining about these "secrets" quite often.

Why Americans don't train any combo or jumping variation? let's be serious, there's no secret that Russians and Japanese train much harder than Americans or Candians. (with a few exceptions)

I see you complaining about these "secrets" quite often.

OS is not American. No biggie, but just saying...