26th Gardena Spring Trophy 2016 15-17 Apr | Page 3 | Golden Skate

26th Gardena Spring Trophy 2016 15-17 Apr

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I got up specially. Only to find that eight men turned into five men. So I missed it. Oh well. I'll come back later looking for the archived video. :bed:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got up specially. Only to find that eight men turned into five men. So I missed it. Oh well. I'll come back later looking for the archived video. :bed:

That happened to me with the ladies too. :( But Brendan has a new personal best (does this comp count towards that?). But anyway, good for him!!

Layback11

Record Breaker

So many withdrawals! Two of the junior girls withdrew during the event and they had to tell the girls who were supposed to skate after the WDs to get ready...over the loudspeaker. :laugh: It was kind of a mess, but I found a new junior to follow! There was a skater named Tulia Marie Trevisan (Italian, 4th after SP) who I loved and I will definitely be watching her in the future. And both Haley and Alexia are more artistic than 90% of American seniors...:slink:
I already liked them, but Alexia's new SP totally won me over. She has a lovely delicateness to her skating and the program she has shows that off very well. And Haley was very enjoyable to watch, even with mistakes. Hopefully both girls will have strong FSes and, in the future, get JGPs.

TMC

Record Breaker
Drat, I missed my fave - Haley's FS! She won so she was good :) Happy for her, sad for me *squeezing out single tear*

Going to set my alarm an hour before Giada's supposed to be on, so I don't miss her :cool:

TMC

Record Breaker
My word...that StSq in Giada's FS is something else! I can't help but get malaria-level chills every time!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan: 4T gorgeous, 3A gorgeous, CCSp, 3F tilted in air but landed clean, StSq, 3Lz-1Lo-3S, 1A (dammit!), 3S, 2Lo, FSSp, 3A-2T, ChSq, CCoSp

A cheeky grin and a shake of the head. Pretty good end to the season, not sure if the long season caught up with him in that middle part or he just lost his focus.

TSS: 212.94 (new PB)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kevin: 4S step out, 3T, 2A oh dear, slips off the back of the blade and falls, CCSp, StSq, 4T<-3T-3Lo< damn!, 3?-2T, 2Lze, 3F!, mysterious spin I didn't see, 3S(<?), ChSq, CCoSp

shaking his head. He had three points over Brendan after the SP and I think this will be enough unless the TP goes after him (which they might). Lots of scary landings that had the weight very far back on the blade. I had a few stream jerks, so I missed a couple of things. Nice program for him. More head shakes in the kiss and cry. Unlike Brendan who barely got there in time for his scores, Kevin has a long wait seemingly.

122.25 :eek: (55 TES whoa, downgrade city?)

TSS: 199.51

Oh my god, Brendan won! :eek::dance:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:bed:

Goodnight, everyone! I will sleep well!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A little disappointed for Kevin, but still this season, was more than I ever thought he would do. He did more competitions this season than the past 2 years overall. and THAT'S saying something.

And by that I'm not counting Nationals last year (And I want to forget that forever), and the Olympics as one event. Not team and men's as 2.

Kevin should still feel so proud of himself of what he's accomplished this season. And he got more medals this year than Patrick Chan ;)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Well, I got way too into this competition, but congratulations Alexia for winning, and congratulations Haley for coming back in the FS! :cheer:

Also, how the heck did the girl who won the senior ladies SP end up second to last? :eek:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I got way too into this competition, but congratulations Alexia for winning, and congratulations Haley for coming back in the FS! :cheer:

Also, how the heck did the girl who won the senior ladies SP end up second to last? :eek:

I don't know but I wondered the same thing!!