IceNetwork upset customers! My chat with IN | Page 3 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork upset customers! My chat with IN

Icey

Record Breaker
File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. By now we all should know our complaining here has little or no effect even if it is cathartic. They are the type that needs a fire set under them.

QLutz

On the Ice
won't be renewing my IN next season.

vpn ($5/mo) + eurosport andoid app ($12/mo) + chromecast + tv, works good enough for me here in the states.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
One thing I just discovered: when I try to log in to see previous content that I have paid for (such as worlds archives), it won't let me view those either. This $9.99 now seems to be required for EVERYTHING on the site. Will it last past Sunday? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

apons575

Rinkside
Anyone else experiencing a lot of buffering with the IN livestream? I really hate IN. Charging extra for this, and the service still sucks.

double_flip

Rinkside
I don't have the regular subscription b/c of geo-black outs, but I bought this so I could watch the entire events. Have they not been uploaded? All I can see is a bunch of pre-show fluff and about three SPs...

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I experienced much more freezing of the stream and buffering than I normally do. I specifically remember the stream froze right as Ashley entered her 3-3 and unfroze as she had had finished the jump, leaving me to wonder if she had competed the jump cleanly, fallen, two-footed, etc.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I am happy that I never caved in to Ice Network. They are not treating their customers nicely and their coverage could be so much better.

:handw:

Manitou

Medalist
I'd be curious to know if people are signing up and paying the extra $9.99 for TCC. I want to see it, but it just seems wrong for them to charge for it after they made it appear that it would be included under the Season Pass. Is there any other way for us in the U.S. to see it live?

I had two options. First option: drive six hours to Spokane, spend $150 for the hotel, then $400 for the tickets (two people), and then another six hours back home. And the second option: pay 10 bucks and watch it on my own HDTV. I know those options are not really equivalent, but still 10 bucks was good enough for me. And yes, I am an IN subscriber. I will try to recover after those $10. Just one lunch... :)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I had two options. First option: drive six hours to Spokane, spend $150 for the hotel, then $400 for the tickets (two people), and then another six hours back home. And the second option: pay 10 bucks and watch it on my own HDTV. I know those options are not really equivalent, but still 10 bucks was good enough for me. And yes, I am an IN subscriber. I will try to recover after those $10. Just one lunch... :)

And I watched it free on Youtube.

I'm not in the US and IN never made me an offer.

waxel

Final Flight
I don't even remember what was included when I bought the full season pass last summer. But paying another $10 for this event--- sorry--- it just didn't infuriate me the way it it did some of you. I payed. And I watched it all. Case closed.

And those that STILL balk at paying for the IN pass- I will say again. It's a small price to pay for all the event coverage you get. Is it perfect? No (and IN needs to be on top of their technical game), but it's the best option for hard core fans in US. I have no idea how/if it is available around the world.

I say this every year ... and get hate posts every year, and really don't care. But for me, buying IN programming is totally worth it and think others are foolish who make a 'moral stand' and against paying... all you're doing is missing more access to skating than has ever been previously available.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't even remember what was included when I bought the full season pass last summer. But paying another $10 for this event--- sorry--- it just didn't infuriate me the way it it did some of you. I payed. And I watched it all. Case closed.

And those that STILL balk at paying for the IN pass- I will say again. It's a small price to pay for all the event coverage you get. Is it perfect? No (and IN needs to be on top of their technical game), but it's the best option for hard core fans in US. I have no idea how/if it is available around the world.

I say this every year ... and get hate posts every year, and really don't care. But for me, buying IN programming is totally worth it and think others are foolish who make a 'moral stand' and against paying... all you're doing is missing more access to skating than has ever been previously available.

I don't object to paying for IN. I pay every year and widget with Hola and watch a lot of skating.

I do object to suddenly being blindsided by being asked to pay another fifth of that price for one competition - and a nothing competition at that - when said competition had been listed from the outset as part of the season pass. I also saw many comments during the event that suggested that IN's feed went down multiple times.

IN have had an absolute disaster when it comes to PR over the last year. There was the total botch they made of the Freezer Arial Challenge, numerous feed problems and signal issues, commentators who didn't always know what they were talking about, more feed problems, and then this moment of asking the subscribers to pay more for a nothing competition at the end of the season.

Layback11

Record Breaker

:yes:

A bit more aggressive of a wording than I would've used, but I 100% agree. Simply put, I love skating, and I want to be able to watch it. And not the "wait hours for someone to find a working stream and by the time you're watching it's almost finished" way. I want to be able to log in and just see the skating. If it buffers, that's unfortunate. But I think that getting to watch amazing skating is priceless, no matter what anyone says.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
After having IN for years, TCC made me realize that I actually can live without IceNetwork. Now I will feel a lot better once my subscription ends this summer.