2016-17 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 96 | Golden Skate

2016-17 State of Russian Ladies skating

russianfan

Match Penalty
thank you so much for the translation!! :love:
is there any video from this press-conference?

hmmm I saw a comment about this article. That there were more Q and some of the answers were not fully written here?
Is it true?

tbh, i havent seen the bigger version anywhere, so i dont know. Its still pretty big interview :laugh:

russianfan

Match Penalty
btw its funny how our media trying to bash Kovtun every time even when the interview is not about him at all :laugh:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
(Next sentence is hard to translate, so i'm gonna just skip it. She basically means that she's patriotic).

It's a reference to a popular comedy show Наша Раша "Our Russia" that makes fun of stereotypes about the Russians like homophobia, bizarre behavior at all-included resorts, etc. The first line of each series is: "we call our country Rossiya - enemies name it Russia - but still it is ours - our Russia (наша Раша). So Eteri meant that she wished Liz to do 4S but then she would think that she is still ours: she said: "Russia and still it is ours".

russianfan

Match Penalty
They seem to have a very close relationship :laugh:
they do

regarding the full version of interview, i agree that some questions/answers were made shorter in text version, but there was not so much interesting related to women's skating. She also shared her opinion on Moris Kvitelashvili, saying that his relatively successful season wasn't related to country change and it was more like occasional(she said "once a year even the stick shoots" :laugh:).
Also the guy from federation mentioned that they probably will stay and train in japanese city Niigato(im not sure if this is correct name of it) during the breaks at the Olympics

Last edited:

zounger

Medalist
The main part that is missing from the article is around 1:07:25-1:09:40.

The question was whom from the top men (from Russia) she would like to train. I found it quite interesting part which shows her approach to training, but unfortunately, I don't have the time and ability to translate it.

janav

On the Ice
Are there any news about who will do the choreo for Zagi and Polina? I have read somewhere that Averbukh plans to work Evgenia exclusively...

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Are there any news about who will do the choreo for Zagi and Polina? I have read somewhere that Averbukh plans to work Evgenia exclusively...

Daniil Gleykhengauz posted his picture with Alina so I guess he will choreograph her programs

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight

Polina will keep her SP from last season. I haven't seen any news on her FS choreo yet.