elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Will definitely miss Elladj Balde this time... :eek:hwell:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Excited to see Serafima and Liza, but the entry list for the men is pretty disappointing, I must say.

Really hope that Liza T and Sima are back to their best this season. Liza had a poor 2013/14 season, but followed that up by becoming world champion in 2015. Given that, would come as no surprise if she does the same again.

Alex D

Record Breaker
The OP, now has a little teaser, which hopefully motivates a lot of people to check out the event, either on stream or directly at the venue. Looking forward to all of you. :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
The Line ups, have seen a few changes

We are down to 10 Ice Dancers, eight Pairs, 18 Ladies and 16 men (unchanged).

Sackie

Medalist
Really feel like in order for her to continue on where she left off last season Gabby needs to medal here. Anything less is not going to set her up for a great season. She established herself as a top 10 skater last year now she needs to build on that. In fact I would say she really should be trying for the win here to really set herself up for the rest of the year.

Also will be interesting to see what Firus can accomplish here. After stepping down from Worlds last year he really needs to put it together soon if he hopes for another chance at worlds.

Richie

Rinkside
couple of more days before taking off to the south of Germany again. looking forward to visit NHT for the second time in that lovely surrounding. are there some weather forecasts Alex for next weekend as Europe has been suffering heatwaves this September. some wd's I noticed. German Kempf is out just like Estonian Leonova but snif snif also Elena/Ruslan are not coming.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Wow. The field looks pretty good. Unfortunately I will skip this event, but good luck to all skaters. Especially to Gabi, So Youn, Sima, Liza and Amber. :)

Nathan13

Medalist
Really excited to see Savchenko/Massot's new FP. I LOVE their music and I can't wait to see them this year.

Alex D

Record Breaker
couple of more days before taking off to the south of Germany again. looking forward to visit NHT for the second time in that lovely surrounding. are there some weather forecasts Alex for next weekend as Europe has been suffering heatwaves this September. some wd's I noticed. German Kempf is out just like Estonian Leonova but snif snif also Elena/Ruslan are not coming.

The big heat seems to be over, as there will be a mix of sun and rain throughout the week, with mostly sunny at the weekend. Temperature wise, it seems like 20 is the top and 4 at night the lowest we can expect.

LRK

Record Breaker
Paul Poirier ‏@PaulDPoirier · 1h1 hour ago
After a near-10-year hiatus, I will see my beloved Oberstdorf tomorrow.
Season starts now!

mrrice

Record Breaker
This really is a major competition with a very deep field. Especially in Dance. I'm surprised to see Mariah Bell going out again but, maybe she's taking a page out of Tuk's book and competing as much as possible to get the nerves out before the GP gets going. Isn't this her 3rd event?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is So Youn sent to all the senior B competitions so that her federation can see how many times she falls before they finally give her up?
she was at Asian Trophy and Lombardia Trophy already this season, and she is going to another senior B? She didn't do well at either competition, and it seems her problem is not lack of competition experience.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Mariah Bell is listed only as a substitute in the ladies event.

This really is a major competition with a very deep field. Especially in Dance. I'm surprised to see Mariah Bell going out again but, maybe she's taking a page out of Tuk's book and competing as much as possible to get the nerves out before the GP gets going. Isn't this her 3rd event?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What does that mean, exactly. Does that mean that she'll go if someone drops out? That's an expensive trip for a sustitute

No Mr. Rice. It means that Fed can switch one US lady for another before competition. Since you have to name skaters quite much time before competition, the Feds name more than one skater/team for spot in case something happened to skater, so they can send someone else instead. Sometimes it happens, but usually not so close to event, so Mariah won't be skating here. If you're following Junior GP, you would see a lot of skaters switching.

Alex D

Record Breaker
This and That

After being trapped for 10 minutes in the train, while under a huge noise coming from an alarm, I finally managed to reach Oberstdorf and my lovely apartment directly underneath the mountain that gives the Trophy it´s name. I went to the ice rink already, picked up my ID´s and some news, while meeting some skaters, mostly pair and dance. The weather is quite cold and cloudy, but dry.

For those interested, here the prices:

Practice: 3 Euro
Thursday: 12 Euro
Friday & Saturday: 15 Euro
Gala: 18 Euro
All Event: 55 Euro

Practice tomorrow, will start round about noon with men at the practice rink and dance at the main rink. I will make sure to follow dance, looking for some Hip Hop in the morning, lets bring it Madi & Evan! ;) After dance, around 13:50 the pairs will show up with all three German pairs and the Canadians in Group 1, followed by Gr. 2 with the US and Swizz.

Ladies are scheduled for 14:20 local, in theory with Liza in Group 1 as 5th, but as I know my lovely ladies, they will let me wait in the cold and only skate in the evening around 18:00 local. Keep in mind, the ladies comp won´t start before Friday 11:30 local. So if you want to bring Liza some flowers, make sure to come either at 18:00 in the evening tomorrow, as she will be first or join me waiting in the afternoon, with nothing but our thoughts in which Liza does triple Axels and looks stunning as always. :laugh: I have high hopes for the Fins though, they are always kind and show up, scheduled in group 3 together with the US girls.

That being said, you never know with women, they do what they want anyways :)

If there is any skater you need the practice schedule of, let me know I have it all here.

Last edited:

red cat

Rinkside
For those interested, here the prices:
Practice: 3 Euro
Is it a day practice pass or all event practice pass? LOL, the Trophy is getting expensive every year.
I will be there on Sept 22. Please write a little bit about Gaby D. Thank you.

mrrice

Record Breaker
No Mr. Rice. It means that Fed can switch one US lady for another before competition. Since you have to name skaters quite much time before competition, the Feds name more than one skater/team for spot in case something happened to skater, so they can send someone else instead. Sometimes it happens, but usually not so close to event, so Mariah won't be skating here. If you're following Junior GP, you would see a lot of skaters switching.

That makes sense, Thanks Cathlen. :thank: So, is Gabby the only Canadian Lady that will actually skate here? It looks like Amber is the only US Lady going. Is that correct? Holy Cow, I'm looking forward to seeing Tuk. I hope she performs well from beginning of the season and has some momentum going into Russian Nationals. With Russia's deep field of ladies, if Tuk has a bad season, I think they'll leave her off the team in favor the top 3 from last year.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^saw your edit there :) i was going to pounce on your post before you changed it :) LOL... go gabby :) go everyone !