Best skaters who won only one world title | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Best skaters who won only one world title

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That GPF win was strictly a fluke due to the new judging system. I was there and Plushenko outskated him soundly. But I forget what happened, but Plush wasn't given credit for a 4toe or 3axel due to the strange new system. Eman's LP was okay, but was shaky and weak.

I believe Plushenko (or his coach/choreographer) was just counting wrong and he didn't use one of his jumping passes. No jump = no points. So it was a fluke, but it was a "fair" fluke.

How Sandhu won https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/731372493886251009 Plushenko did 3 combinations, and 2 were allowed....I don't believe they didn't know it!!:dumb:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
How Sandhu won https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/731372493886251009 Plushenko did 3 combinations, and 2 were allowed....I don't believe they didn't know it!!:dumb:

Thanks Plushyfan. I knew there something crazy why he lost because he clearly had a better FS. So if he had not done the 2loop off his second 4toe it wouldn't have been close at all. I also think that Plushy had an arrogance about him (well earned) that he didn't take the new judging system seriously.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thanks Plushyfan. I knew there something crazy why he lost because he clearly had a better FS. So if he had not done the 2loop off his second 4toe it wouldn't have been close at all. I also think that Plushy had an arrogance about him (well earned) that he didn't take the new judging system seriously.

hmmmm...that was the first year of the new system. Nothing to do with his "arrogance" . And why he was arrogant? Why not Mishin??? ;)

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
hmmmm...that was the first year of the new system. Nothing to do with his "arrogance" . And why he was arrogance? Why not Mishin??? ;)

Remember that cute skater from Japan who used to get busted for "Zayaking" Nobunari Oda? He was so cute.