Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille

ficelle

On the Ice
The fact that tickets went on sale on a Sunday also had me confused. I'm starting to think that maybe they effed up here or had maybe a computer glitch? Because this is not only super annoying and inconvenient, but it's also really strange :unsure:

It would be great if you would send an email as well. I somehow think they will be more inclined to answer emails in their language. Or at least emails in French :sarcasm: I'm still not convinced that they speak a language we can understand without a separate dictionary

I was wondering the same.

Anyway, I sent a lonnng email ;), about the all-event tickets, the non-assigned seats problem, the training sessions, the non-existent website and the lack of communication on social media. I'm waiting for a reply now !

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well, I looked and looked, but cannot find golden tickets on the francebillet website... and I read French fine (speaking and writing, alas, have gotten a bit rusty, though I should still be fluent in both, oops). Anyway, they're not there.

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the golden tickets will be front-ish rows seats, and probably, what, 100 euros more expensive than the category 1 all-events pass that was on sale. Why those are no longer on sale is beyond me. I just cannot image that they are sold out already. That would be crazy, considering the fact that they're unassigned seats. Although, of course any travel company in Japan could just buy a couple of thousand of them and resell them in superdeluxe travel packages... :palmf:

Last edited:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Now I can't see any "All Events" ticket listed. And they have added a bit in English...

"1st and 2nd category seats are sold on ffsg.org
Golden seats are available on francebillet.com"

Let's wait and see...

Thanks so much for the updates!

Huh, I am amazed now. They were working on Sunday? :think:

I tried to search the event in francebillet.com but it showed nothing. Guess we should check them out every half hour to see if they suddenly start selling tickets like yesterday :laugh2:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Well, I looked and looked, but cannot find golden tickets on the francebillet website... and I read French fine (speaking and writing, alas, have gotten a bit rusty, though I should still be fluent in both, oops). Anyway, they're not there.

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the golden tickets will be front-ish rows seats, and probably, what, 100 euros more expensive than the category 1 all-events pass that was on sale. Why those are no longer on sale is beyond me. I just cannot image that they are sold out already. That would be crazy, considering the fact that they're unassigned seats. Although, of course any travel company in Japan could just buy a couple of thousand of them and resell them in superdeluxe travel packages... :palmf:
I also had a look on francebillet and could not find any mention of GPF, and I had a look at every single event happening in Marseille and around Marseille XD.

I honestly can't imagine that unassigned all event tickets have been sold out already... it would just be ridiculous... then again, if one person/agency bought them all, at least they might sell them again with seats numbers somehow, ahah.

It's only 6am here, so, of course, still no reply to my e-mails. I've also sent a couple of questions through twitter, because you never know...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Thanks for your efforts on all our behalf, Lysambre. I also spammed them by email, but in English because I couldn't be bothered to remember my six years of high school French. :drama:
Not expecting any useful reply, if at all...

Lysambre

Final Flight
Last night, I also sent tweets to this twitter account https://twitter.com/ffsportsdeglace

Asking if they were serious about putting the tickets on sale with no promotion whatsoever, asking if they really thought an international competition where they expected over 5000 people to show up was really a good idea with the "no placement" tickets.

No answer to the second question, but this morning, like magic : https://twitter.com/ffsportsdeglace/status/727044211598606337 finally an announcement.

Sent some more tweets telling them it'd be nice to know exactly what we're buying with the tickets, and telling them there is still no GPF in sight on the francebillet website. Also telling them their "organisation" so far is being seen as a big joke by skating fans all over the world.

I'm kinda waiting to just wake up from the very bad dream that the Marseille GPF seems to be heading to.

Also, the "all event" have still not reappeared this morning. But I'm only sending a couple of tweets at a time, so I'll ask about that a bit later on.

I am so ashamed and disappointed at the way my country is handling this whole thing :(:shame:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Actually, I think it's a good idea for people to write to them in a lot of languages that isn't french. Show them that people are being pissed off from everywhere and for very good reasons).

ficelle

On the Ice
Last night, I also sent tweets to this twitter account https://twitter.com/ffsportsdeglace

Asking if they were serious about putting the tickets on sale with no promotion whatsoever, asking if they really thought an international competition where they expected over 5000 people to show up was really a good idea with the "no placement" tickets.

No answer to the second question, but this morning, like magic : https://twitter.com/ffsportsdeglace/status/727044211598606337 finally an announcement.

Sent some more tweets telling them it'd be nice to know exactly what we're buying with the tickets, and telling them there is still no GPF in sight on the francebillet website. Also telling them their "organisation" so far is being seen as a big joke by skating fans all over the world.

I'm kinda waiting to just wake up from the very bad dream that the Marseille GPF seems to be heading to.

Also, the "all event" have still not reappeared this morning. But I'm only sending a couple of tweets at a time, so I'll ask about that a bit later on.

I am so ashamed and disappointed at the way my country is handling this whole thing :(:shame:

:palmf:

For the all-event tickets, I asked them. :biggrin:

But no anwser to my mail until now. I'm waiting.
No way I will go to GPF if they handle things so badly, even if it's in my country...I will keep my money for the Worlds in Helsinki. Since we have two big competitions in Europe next season, we can choose.

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
:palmf:

For the all-event tickets, I asked them. :biggrin:

But no anwser to my mail until now. I'm waiting.
No way I will go to GPF if they handle things so badly, even if it's in my country...I will keep my money for the Worlds in Helsinki. Since we have two big competitions in Europe next season, we can choose.

We're also seriously on the fence about going to GPF now. I mean, after Barcelona, and the fantastic way it was handled, and the fantastic time we had there, with also the best public ever... It feels like this GPF can only be a continuous series of major let downs.

Pika

Final Flight
What's going on with these tickets ? I just saw this thread, how did they start selling tickets yesterday ON THE MOST RESPECTED PUBLIC HOLIDAY of the country ? Without any announcement ?
Honestly I feel dumb. I woke up this morning and saw on FB that tickets were on sale so I just bought them before they go, assuming the calendar would be pretty much the same as every year, and anyway I'm going to all events. But I didn't even know there were all-event tickets yesterday........ I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be robbed or swindled
And seriously free placement ?!

I'm screwed. And I'm ashamed of my country doing all that mess.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
@Pika, I was just about to ask you in the Yuzu thread where and what tickets you bought and if you knew something we didn't
:slink:

I keep checking that billet page in the very vain hope that golden tickets with more information and seat numbers are going to appear, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point seat numbers aren't going to do us much good anyway because there's no seating plan, or is there?

No assigned seats is a big no-go for me :rolleye: I'm not going to go into mortal combat three times a day so I can fight my way to a decent seat against a couple of thousand people. I don't feel like paying them that kind of money just so I get more experience in hand-to-hand combat.

I'm seriously pissed about this. I was looking forward to going again this year (I even already have a hotel reservation :sarcasm: which I can luckily still cancel) but the way this is handled, I already see myself skipping this one. And what pisses me off even more is that their horrible handling of the situation will probably not prevent that they'll sell more than enough tickets to call this a big success in the end :rolleye:

sydney

On the Ice
Hi everyone ! ^+^ I would like to know how can we know which day each categories compete ??
Because the tickets says which day but not for what ... ^^"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Hi everyone ! ^+^ I would like to know how can we know which day each categories compete ??
Because the tickets says which day but not for what ... ^^"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't know and you cannot know, because there has been no announcement about it.
Welcome to the joke that is the GPF Marseille.

kelleigh

On the Ice
@Pika, I was just about to ask you in the Yuzu thread where and what tickets you bought and if you knew something we didn't
:slink:

I keep checking that billet page in the very vain hope that golden tickets with more information and seat numbers are going to appear, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point seat numbers aren't going to do us much good anyway because there's no seating plan, or is there?

No assigned seats is a big no-go for me :rolleye: I'm not going to go into mortal combat three times a day so I can fight my way to a decent seat against a couple of thousand people. I don't feel like paying them that kind of money just so I get more experience in hand-to-hand combat.

I'm seriously pissed about this. I was looking forward to going again this year (I even already have a hotel reservation :sarcasm: which I can luckily still cancel) but the way this is handled, I already see myself skipping this one. And what pisses me off even more is that their horrible handling of the situation will probably not prevent that they'll sell more than enough tickets to call this a big success in the end :rolleye:

I have also booked my hotel room already, but I can cancel it later if I am not going.

A lot of Japanese fans will go no matter what the organizer does to the ticketing since Japanese tends to have the package tours. The organizer just doesn't give a dxmn to the others.

This is nothing to do with the French skating fans. :console: It's the organizer. Actually French fans are helping a lot in communicating with the staff. My broken French is not enough to do a long email, ahaha

sydney

On the Ice
Tickets for the GPF Marseille

You don't know and you cannot know, because there has been no announcement about it.
Welcome to the joke that is the GPF Marseille.
Eeh !!? So how can they espect us to buy the tickets if we even don't know for what yet
This is what I hate with the French federation it's always like this with all of their events . . .even for the French like me it's complicate to deal with them xd ^~^

Last edited:

kelleigh

On the Ice
"We will keep you informed" ?

........ :sarcasm: right, I believe it in a second

anyway, thanks for the info

I felt like 'Yeah, we were more than well-informed for the past 2 days.'

Anyway I found Twitter would be a better communication channel with them...

ficelle

On the Ice

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wow. Bummer, that means 24/7 surveillance, refreshing the website every second of the day.
Could they be any more vague about a timeframe?!?! What is this, are they taking lessons from the Helsinki organizers, with their "April 22", oops sorry, "next week", oops, no, "now we are not giving you any time window anymore" kinda deal with premium tickets?

What a world... ;-/