Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille

Pika

Final Flight
FFSG said on facebook there will be 1000 golden seats available. This is totally wrecking my mind. How didn't they say that earlier! And why can't we have the price ? It's probably out of reach for me but seriously!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
1000, eh? That at least makes a bit more sense. So there is gold seats, and then rank 1 and 2.

No VIP boxes or anything like that?

and still nothing about practices being included or not, and with golden seats, do those seat numbers also count for any and all practices? It is like that at Helsinki, which is GREAT!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Apparently they will have a seating plan up sometime in the near future, they still need to work out some stuff because of camera placements. *rolls eyes*

Pika

Final Flight
My fear is that soon or late, the authorities will disapprove this, for the obvious security reasons. How can you imagine letting thousands of people pushing in front of the doors, rushing to get a seat, and leaving DOZENS of ABANDONED LUGGAGES all around the arena in the current context in France.

kelleigh

On the Ice
They deleted some messages on Facebook. Which is :palmf:

I am not worrying about the seating plan, they must provide that if there are seats with numbers. I am just worrying when are they going to start selling the tickets while I have totally no confidence in their 'ok' replied to give prior notice.

Btw, 1000 golden seats and 235 Euro for category 1 tickets mean FFSG is cutting customers' throats. 1000 seats X (estimated) over 300 Euro? Huhhh, superb business sense. The categorisation of seats and price sounds funny to me.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
My fear is that soon or late, the authorities will disapprove this, for the obvious security reasons. How can you imagine letting thousands of people pushing in front of the doors, rushing to get a seat, and leaving DOZENS of ABANDONED LUGGAGES all around the arena in the current context in France.
Indeed.

Apparently, that venue has 5000+ seats.
1000 allocated seats means 4000+ unallocated seats.

Apart from the danger of large crowds of people rushing to get the best seats, it means people will almost certainly try to get there very early, leave stuff on seats in an attempt to "reserve" them, then disappear for long periods of time.

If all seats were allocated, even during practices, then people wouldn't need to leave anything on their seats.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Thanks Winnie_20 and Upnights

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Btw, 1000 golden seats and 235 Euro for category 1 tickets mean FFSG is cutting customers' throats. 1000 seats X (estimated) over 300 Euro? Huhhh, superb business sense. The categorisation of seats and price sounds funny to me.
All-event gold tickets for Barcelona last year were 350€. Plus 28€ for an all-event practice pass. (The year before, gold tickets were nearly 100€ cheaper) And the tickets for the VIP boxes were even more expensive :roll9: .....just saying

I can't find any section numbers stated on it though... I just see the first few rows will be golden seats...
Under normal circumstances I'd say that I hope for a virtual seating map where we can just select seats ourselves. But "normal" went out the window a long time ago :rolleye: and I'm pretty sure that window was at least on the 5th floor and poor normal is now flatter than toast

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
All-event gold tickets for Barcelona last year were 350€. Plus 28€ for an all-event practice pass. (The year before, gold tickets were nearly 100€ cheaper) And the tickets for the VIP boxes were even more expensive :roll9: .....just saying
Yeah, the prices really aren't anything out of the ordinary, they are NOT shooting themselves in the feet with those prices.

And you know what? I'd say the French fed actually have perfect business sense. They probably knew very well what happened with the ticket sales last year (i.e. easily sold out) and acted accordingly. They put all-event tickets on sale for both category 1 and 2, and it is seriously looks like they all sold out already (you can only buy tickets for single events now).
Without even having to provide a seating plan of the arena, because the seats are unassigned, and without giving any information about possible practice events, yes/no being able to keep your seat throughout the day etc. Heck, even without putting the best seats up for sale yet (not that anybody knew they weren't, because nobody was told gold tickets even existed). How brilliant is that?! Come on, you have to admire it just a little bit. You just put tickets on-line, don't give any info, et voila. Sold. I wish I knew how to do that, I could become rich very simply.

I'd say from their point of view, they probably think they did an excellent job (assuming they did indeed sell out). *runs for the hills*

Last edited:

carmen7077

On the Ice
I think it's possible that category 1for all event might be sold out. But for juv(6-12) and category2 also being sold out and the whole all-event disappeared all of a sudden? I doubt that.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think it's possible that category 1for all event might be sold out. But for juv(6-12) and category2 also being sold out and the whole all-event disappeared all of a sudden? I doubt that.
Yeah... I don't really think they sold out, either. I think they realized they made a BIG booboo, and very quickly took off all the remaining all-event tickets.

Why, though? Why take them off-line? I mean, it's not like they interfere with the gold tickets seats. The only reason I can think of is if they suddenly are switching to assigned seats for level 1 and 2, too.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The only reason I can think of is if they suddenly are switching to assigned seats for level 1 and 2, too.
But they have probably already sold quite a few all-event/individual tickets, and they are still selling individual tickets. How would they change the system now? Would the people who buy later get assigned seats and then, what, they put post-it notes on the seats? And people without assigned seats don't only have to rush to get a decent seat in their category, but they also have to maneuver around the post-it seats? And if people who already have bought seats get assigned seats after the fact, well, if those are crappy seats, people are probably going to riot, too. :unsure: sounds only like one more ingredient to their recipe for disaster.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yeah... I don't really think they sold out, either. I think they realized they made a BIG booboo, and very quickly took off all the remaining all-event tickets.
Yes, I think it's highly unlikely to sell out so quickly - both years at Barcelona there was an initial rush of course, but after that tickets sales were pretty slow for several months. (Yes, I tracked the numbers daily, up until the individual event tickets went on sale. Don't ask).

Why, though? Why take them off-line? I mean, it's not like they interfere with the gold tickets seats. The only reason I can think of is if they suddenly are switching to assigned seats for level 1 and 2, too.

But they have probably already sold quite a few all-event/individual tickets, and they are still selling individual tickets. How would they change the system now? Would the people who buy later get assigned seats and then, what, they put post-it notes on the seats? And people without assigned seats don't only have to rush to get a decent seat in their category, but they also have to maneuver around the post-it seats? And if people who already have bought seats get assigned seats after the fact, well, if those are crappy seats, people are probably going to riot, too. :unsure: sounds only like one more ingredient to their recipe for disaster.
LOL. There's more drama in the inept ticket management, than we're ever likely to see in the skating...! o_O

I'm almost looking forward to what happens next.

Almost.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
LOL. There's more drama in the inept ticket management, than we're ever likely to see in the skating...! o_O
OMG now you probably jinxed it :laugh2: if we go from management limbo contest to skating limbo, I'm going to blame you. Unless we turn this into a new category and have skaters do hydroblades and cantilevers underneath the limbo bar :biggrin: that could be fun

kelleigh

On the Ice

Under normal circumstances I'd say that I hope for a virtual seating map where we can just select seats ourselves. But "normal" went out the window a long time ago :rolleye: and I'm pretty sure that window was at least on the 5th floor and poor normal is now flatter than toast

Hmm, agree with you to the calculation. I don't actually think the price is a problem, it's actually the way how they handle and allocate (if there's any) the seats sucks.

All in all, I can't even find what means 'normal' in regards to this organization. They are simply unpredictable and non-sense.

I am rather sure none of categories of all-events tickets are sold out. It's impossible do be sold out for both categories in such a short while at the same time with no prior promotion and announcement. They are just holding them back. The reason? Nah, who knows, they don't act with common sense.