2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
By the way, I am somewhat surprised by the preliminary schedule. It is of course "preliminary" and subject to change... but Ladies on Thursday and Friday? (And realistically, can they can change it now, when people may already have bought individual day tickets based on that schedule?)

In my own mind, Saturday/Sunday is "prime time"... and I thought the Ladies competition was at least as popular as Mens and Dance, if not more so. So (to me) it's a bit weird if no part at all of the Ladies competition is on Saturday or Sunday?

Well, maybe I've got it all wrong, and Ladies is not so popular after all.
Or perhaps Ladies is very popular they are using them to increase ticket sales for the "slow" days.

But on the other hand, maybe the organisers are expecting the Men's/Dance/Synchro competitions to be hugely more popular than Ladies/Pairs, and scheduled accordingly? But why would they think that? IMO, there are very few skaters/teams that could cause/justify such a thing... and actually, there's probably only one particular skater...!

Ah, the off season... imaginations run riot... ;-D

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
By the way, I am somewhat surprised by the preliminary schedule. It is of course "preliminary" and subject to change... but Ladies on Thursday and Friday? (And realistically, can they can change it now, when people may already have bought individual day tickets based on that schedule?)

In my own mind, Saturday/Sunday is "prime time"... and I thought the Ladies competition was at least as popular as Mens and Dance, if not more so. So (to me) it's a bit weird if no part at all of the Ladies competition is on Saturday or Sunday?

Well, maybe I've got it all wrong, and Ladies is not so popular after all.
Or perhaps Ladies is very popular they are using them to increase ticket sales for the "slow" days.

But on the other hand, maybe the organisers are expecting the Men's/Dance/Synchro competitions to be hugely more popular than Ladies/Pairs, and scheduled accordingly? But why would they think that? IMO, there are very few skaters/teams that could cause/justify such a thing... and actually, there's probably only one particular skater...!

Ah, the off season... imaginations run riot... ;-D

I don't know why they scheduled the events like they did...but I do understand why they'd have thought that dance would draw (local) crowds: we finally have a successful couple in Cessiville! And synchro is obviously very popular as well

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I don't know why they scheduled the events like they did...but I do understand why they'd have thought that dance would draw (local) crowds: we finally have a successful couple in Cessiville! And synchro is obviously very popular as well
Yes, you might be right: I see that World's in Helsinki has similar scheduling - Ladies and Pairs is finished by Friday, Mens FS is Saturday morning and competition finishes with Ice Dance on Saturday evening...

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Mao Asada recently changed her schedule and she picked the Finlandia Trophy Espoo to start her new season and she'll not perform at the Japan Open as previously scheduled. Mao Asada was replaced with Wakaba Higuchi. Mao wants to practice both short and long programs before the official start of the season and the Finlandia Trophy Espoo suits her better. At the Japan Open, participants are only required to skate their free programs.

Last edited:

Vili67

On the Ice
I just get my tickets to friday to me and my wife. Always been on trophy on sunday seen woman's free but this year it's on friday. Don't know why but i don't mind my work schedule suit perfect to go there friday.
But now i read here that Mao is going to be there and i can not find enything on internet about it.
If some one has link or something about it i be wery glad.
Hope they publish the skater's soon.
Last year Julia was great eaven she did not win the trophy and hoping to see her this year too.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
But now i read here that Mao is going to be there and i can not find enything on internet about it.
If some one has link or something about it i be wery glad
She "revealed" her plan to compete at Finlandia, during an interview at/for her show "The Ice", and it was reported by eg. mainichi.jp (in Japanese)

gotoschool

Medalist
I would really appreciate if someone could answer this question.

Does anyone know the best way to get to the stadium in Espoo from Helinski airport? Is train or bus a good way to go?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

I found this preliminary schedule: http://www.finlandiatrophy.com/en/Schedule.html

I sure hope they don't change the days for the women's freeskate.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
I would really appreciate it if someone could answer any of these questions. Does anyone know what time the women's freeskate starts on Friday and how many groups and skaters there are likely to be based on previous years?

I could only make it to the Helinski airport by about 1:30 pm on Friday. Would that give me enough time to get to the stadium before the competition starts?

Is taxi, train or bus the best way to get to the stadium in Espoo?

The ladies FS is scheduled to start at 7:13 pm (weirdly specific :laugh:). So you'd have plenty of time to get to the arena, for sure. You could go for lunch in Helsinki and visit a museum or two and still have lots of time left to get there :biggrin:

I personally would take a taxi, but that's only because I'm super lazy. However, if your plane lands at 1:30, you'd likely get to the arena latest around 3 pm, and as there's not much to do there or anywhere close, you might not want to get there so early. I'd recommend taking the train to Helsinki first, roaming around for a while and then later taking a bus or taxi to the arena. The bus is a lot cheaper but it takes a loooot longer. The opening ceremony is at 5 pm, followed by pairs and then ladies.

I can't remember very well but I think there must have been at least 4 groups? I went last year and the year before, but ladies are not my fave so I didn't really pay much attention to them.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I would really appreciate if someone could answer this question.

Does anyone know the best way to get to the stadium in Espoo from Helinski airport? Is train or bus a good way to go?

I found this preliminary schedule: http://www.finlandiatrophy.com/en/Schedule.html

I sure hope they don't change the days for the women's freeskate.
Further to what TMC said...

In the last 3 years 2013/14/15 there have been 15-16 ladies, so 3 groups. In 2012 there were only 11 ladies, so 2 groups.

I don't think they can change the day of the Ladies free skate, after individual-day tickets went on sale.

Although you have loads of time to get to the arena for the opening ceremony and competitions if you arrive at 1:30pm... there will surely be practice sessions earlier in the day, and they might interest you too. (We probably won't know the practice schedules until much nearer the competition though).

I am lazy and use taxis too, to get to and from the airport. And I just walk to the arena from the hotel (Tapiola Garden, it's usually the official hotel), which takes 20 minutes (well, that's IF you know the way! o_O)

But I know there is a bus terminal at the airport. And there are ticket machines there - but maybe they are only for the multi-day passes? I think you can buy those from the "Alepa" convenience store/grocery in the airport terminal too. The few times I've used the buses in Finland, I bought a ticket from the driver when I got on the bus, but that was a long time ago...

Anyway, this site may help planning bus journeys:
https://www.hsl.fi/en/timetables-and-routes

gotoschool

Medalist
Thanks for the information YesWay and TMC for the information. I gave into temptation and went ahead and bought tickets, but I still have to get the airplane tickets. The timing of the Women's LP was as perfect as it could get because I won't have to miss any work .

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'd recommend taking the train to Helsinki first, roaming around for a while and then later taking a bus or taxi to the arena. The bus is a lot cheaper but it takes a loooot longer.
A loooot? :roll9: I've always taken a bus leaving at the Kamppi and it took like 20 minutes to get to the arena.

TMC

Record Breaker
A loooot? :roll9: I've always taken a bus leaving at the Kamppi and it took like 20 minutes to get to the arena.

I guess it varies then; last time it took 45 minutes! I've avoided it since that time :biggrin:

Précision

Rinkside
I guess it varies then; last time it took 45 minutes! I've avoided it since that time :biggrin:

Yes, the bus number 195 is the bad bus you should never ever take because it takes forever to get anywhere. The faster busses that take about 20 minutes to get to the arena are 105,107 and 109. All leaving from Kamppi.

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes, the bus number 195 is the bad bus you should never ever take because it takes forever to get anywhere. The faster busses that take about 20 minutes to get to the arena are 105,107 and 109. All leaving from Kamppi.

I almost feel bad for the bad bus now :laugh:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Thanks for the information YesWay and TMC for the information. I gave into temptation and went ahead and bought tickets, but I still have to get the airplane tickets. The timing of the Women's LP was as perfect as it could get because I won't have to miss any work .

Wow, it will be great to read your live reports and firsthand observations! Too bad you won't make it to the SP, but it'll be such a treat to see the debut of Mao's long program in person.

Do you think you might go to Trophée de France in December as well ?