2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships | Golden Skate

2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! I actually considered going, it's near enough, but alas, funds and time do not permit this year. :/ But maybe next year! I eagerly await reports though!

Layback11

Record Breaker
M/C are definitely staying junior, then. Le Sigh...

We can only hope they do senior at Nationals, although I doubt it. A near-guaranteed win in Juniors is likely more attractive to them than an outside shot at the top 5 in seniors.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The site posted above has a link to live streaming, but I am not sure if that's free or not.

Greta

On the Ice
Update: the stream is working. First group is warming up for the intermediate free dance.

Greta

On the Ice
Oona Brown and Gage Brown's Skyfall program is just ridiculously cute. I think they had some problems in the step sequence, but plenty of time to sort that out.

Greta

On the Ice
Soldatov/Soldatova also had a good free dance in intermediate, in my opinion. I have very little technical knowledge, but for their age I thought they had great lines and especially good arms.

statmam

On the Ice
Soldatov/Soldatova also had a good free dance in intermediate, in my opinion. I have very little technical knowledge, but for their age I thought they had great lines and especially good arms.
Thanks, Greta. Your impressions are appreciated.

Greta

On the Ice
Amoia/Fraiman- I believe this is their novice debut. They have a pleasant Great Gatsby program, and it was nice, but it seemed to be missing some attack and confidence.

Greta

On the Ice
Tkachenko/Kiliakov- my stream cut in and out, but what I saw was great! They were spunky and looked much more comfortable skating into and out of the different holds than the other novice teams did.

Greta

On the Ice
Anyone else watching for the junior short? Miller/Burberg (spelling?) - problems with the first lift, weird music cuts, and I kept wanting him to straighten his leg more. 38.04 (2/2)

Greta

On the Ice
Marsh/Spridonov- the pattern portion looked very deliberate and controlled. More weird music changes (to "hush hush" for the second half of the program). Nicely spaced twizzles. 40.53 (3/4)

Greta

On the Ice
Wu/Mirzakhani CAN - I like her dress with royal blue and black ombré. He has a royal blue vest. Interesting music choice- there is a verse about going to the cemetery. Parts of the program looked polished, and other parts looked a little off. I bet it will be better in a month. 45.91 (1/5)

Last edited: