2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships

Greta

On the Ice
Galiyanova/Tang CAN- nice lilac shirt for him, black dress with flowers at the bottom for her. Enjoyable opening to "I'm all shook up" with nice movement and sense of the rhythm. The transition to the second piece of music ("Cry") actually worked for me. My favorite so far. 47.17(1/6).

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Yay, the Parsons! They are both in grey pants, black sparkly vests with menswear-type details, and black gloves. There was a very long wait for the music to start, and they looked a little nervous. The program starts and ends with "a little party never killed nobody." Great confidence and presence on the ice and beautiful unison in the pattern with nice flexibility. The first lift could maybe be a little smoother, and the cut to the middle section of music was a little odd to me, but I might just end up feeling that way about nearly every short dance this season. 66.15 (1/7)

Greta

On the Ice
Orlova/Schuster, Austria: she is wearing ripped black leggings and a blue shirt dress, and he is in dark jeans and a black t-shirt. I found the hip hop part a little awkward, especially following the Parsons. They could maybe use better ice coverage, too. 29.87 (8/8).

Greta

On the Ice
Stairs/Royer CAN: red halter dress for her, black vest and white shirt with red tie for him. I like the ease and the freedom in their upper bodies they had in the blues section, but it got messier toward the end. 44.25 (5/9)

Greta

On the Ice
Calhoun/Leonesio, Brazil: I know they are a new team. Maybe this is their debut? White and grey diagonal stripes for both on top, black skirt for her, black pants for him. They looked really slow to me, but they are brand new, so that's probably to be expected. I'm curious about how they will look when they have meshed a bit more. 32.45 (9/10)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay, the Parsons! They are both in grey pants, black sparkly vests with menswear-type details, and black gloves. There was a very long wait for the music to start, and they looked a little nervous. The program starts and ends with "a little party never killed nobody." Great confidence and presence on the ice and beautiful unison in the pattern with nice flexibility. The first lift could maybe be a little smoother, and the cut to the middle section of music was a little odd to me, but I might just end up feeling that way about nearly every short dance this season. 66.15 (1/7)

What did their blues section music sound like? I mean what was it?

Update: 66.15?! Great start!

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Gropman/Somerville: both in jeans, with a blue open shirt for him and a white vest for her. Three music sections, beginning with hip hop, then blues, then "rock your body." I thought the hip hop moves were a little awkward and needed more sharpness, but I enjoyed the middle section. 49.52 (2/11)

Greta

On the Ice
Canadian mystery team (sorry! I can't tell what the announcer was trying to say!): black off the shoulder dress for her, grey vest on light grey shirt for him. Instrumental music with only a little bit of vocals, which is a nice contrast to the other teams. The music has a nice swing, and their dancing mirrored it well. Really enjoyable. 51.05 (2/12)

Eta: I think this was fabbri/pietrantonio, newly moved up from novice. Well done!

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Hertenstein/Binkowski, Poland: blue dress with silver sparkle accents and grey vest on white shirt. Seemed a little messy to me overall. She had a weird fall on steps. The pattern could use some work, too. Maybe I will like this one better in a month or two. 32.01 (12/13)

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Lewis/Bye: great periwinkle dress with low back and silver sparkles for her, black pants and dark blue top for him. Blues section is to, I believe, "Save My Soul." I don't recognize the second piece, but it's brief. These two look good- they are smooth and nothing looks too labored- but I think this program is going to get a lot better this fall. 58.37 (2/15)

Greta

On the Ice
Lorraine and Quinn: "I've got the power" to start, then something I didn't recognize for blues that is more beat than melody. Both are in black with lots of silver studs. I liked the Parsons' pattern better, although of course they are not really competing against each other here. I thought the first lift wasn't as smooth as I expect from them, and the ending was also awkward. Maybe it will grow on me?

Greta

On the Ice
The Greens are in black pants with colorful tops and a black unzipped vest for him. The blues pattern felt nice and calm and confident, and they set it to very relaxed music without lyrics. Caroline seemed to really enjoy performing the hip hop parts. 55.50 (2/2)

- - - Updated - - -

^^What was the score?
65 something, I think. My stream was being finicky when they announced it.

Greta

On the Ice
Carreira/Ponomarenko- he fell out of the first twizzle, but otherwise, wow! 54.12 (3/6)