2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships

Greta

On the Ice
Fabbri/Pietrantonio, my new Canadian favorites! They skated to "Any Other World." She wore a floaty pink dress, and his shirt is navy with a white undershirt. I'm not so sure about his costume. I love the quality of their movements. He gave a little mini fist pump. 75.12, 126.17 (3/14)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Decided to watched M/C and the Parsons videos. Thanks for the link.

McNamara/Carpenter: First off, WOW those outfits ROCK! And the SPEED in the beginning into twizzles, POW POW! I kept saying "Oh my gosh" in amazement on repeat. Maybe the lifts could have been a bit smoother. but nice music choices. Looks like they had good unison. But I DO need to say that Lorraine needs to pin her bangs back. I was scared that she wouldn't be able to see.

Parsons: WOW!!! Nice costumes. Great unison. Mesmerizing. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. Great music choices. Nice speed and flow.

WOW. Like both of these are WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Like omg, if they're getting these scores already, who knows what scores they could achieve by the end of the season if they keep improving.

Greta

On the Ice
The Parsons- she is in a lovely royal blue dress, and he is in grey with sparkles. Love their smoothness and the way they finish their movements. The music is apparently Singing in the Rain by Sophia Sin, which is nothing like the more famous song. I think it's a nice choice to show their gracefulness and flow. 90.02, 156.17 (1/15)

Greta

On the Ice
On to the second set of junior free dances. I missed the first couple.

Green/Green: music from Pulp Fiction. He is in a nice suit and she is in a black, red, and white color blocked dress with a target on one hip. I found myself really watching him rather than her. 78.07, into first.

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Quinn and Lorraine- intricate black and grey costumes with silver sparkle details and some cool fabric that looks very matte on my screen. Music was Thunderstruck/nothing else matters/rock prelude, performed by David Garrett. Just amazing power and speed. I like this a lot more than their short dance. Can't wait to see it again. 93.26, into first.

Greta

On the Ice
Wow, Carreira/Ponomarenko skated their FD to Exogenisis symphony part 3 really beautifully. Looking forward to seeing them in the JGP. 87.41, into second behind Lorraine and Quinn.

xox

On the Ice
Are there sp videos of the non international event? would like to see top 2 teams

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly seeing videos and reports are making me feel very excited and hopeful this season for McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons. In the sense of showing that they're threats for other teams in the near future.

humbaba

Final Flight
Very strong FD from Pogrebinsky/Benoit. I think they finished first in the International comp.

Last edited:

eupatino

Spectator
Miller/Verburg GBR: 60.87, 98.91 (1/3).

Calhoun/Leonesia, Brazil: royal blue one sleeved dress for her with lots of floaty bits, matching shirt for him. I don't recognize their music, but it is mostly instrumental and modern. Nice job of building to the end, but some of it looked uncertain, especially the step sequences. 53.25, 85.70 (2/4)

video?

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Fabbri/Pietrantonio, my new Canadian favorites! They skated to "Any Other World." She wore a floaty pink dress, and his shirt is navy with a white undershirt. I'm not so sure about his costume. I love the quality of their movements. He gave a little mini fist pump. 75.12, 126.17 (3/14)

First time seeing this team and they are my new favs too. So many teams breaking up and I was concerned about who would be stepping up. I'd say they have done a fine job of replacing everyone except MacKenzie and Dmitre.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Maybe MC and Parsons are very glad that Ellie and Alex aren't skating juniors again this year. I thought they were magnificent. This is only his 4th season as and ice dancer. Obviously someone likes them because they already have a GP assignment. Love this team.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
McNamara/Carpenter's SD is awesome and creative! :rock: I love their concept, costume a lot.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I missed all the goodness of the FD. Are there any videos yet? Especially of the top four in the international competition. Thanks :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I missed all the goodness of the FD. Are there any videos yet? Especially of the top four in the international competition. Thanks :)

Not yet. I'm also waiting for available videos on the top three. :)

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Wow, Carreira/Ponomarenko skated their FD to Exogenisis symphony part 3 really beautifully. Looking forward to seeing them in the JGP. 87.41, into second behind Lorraine and Quinn.

do you have a video of their FD? I'd like to see it :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I watched SD's. I enjoyed all of them. Parsons are using Lana Del Rey's Born to Die :love: And Min/Gamelin are using Big Bang's Bang Bang Bang :shocked: Did not expect to hear k-pop in Ice Dance.

Last edited: