FS
1. 97.72 Aimee Buchanan (ISR) one fall
2. 90.43 Alaine Chartrand (CAN) four falls
3. 90.30 Heidi Munger one fall
Good for Aimee! :)

Oh, Alaine...:sad21:

Sackie

Medalist
Wow - I like Alaine and think she has the skills to be in the top ten at worlds but she really needs to start putting things together soon. I know it is very early in the season but if she needs to start producing results in order to be taken seriously on the world level.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to someone who was there, Alaine didn't exactly fall on the 3a attempt (it probably was counted as a fall by the tech team), but it obviously disrupted her concentration. That's why I am puzzled at her constantly trying the jump in competition when she clearly hasn't mastered it in practice. If she was rotating and landing the 3a cleanly in practice 80% of the time within the program, she wouldn't have as much of an adrenaline spike. It's that huge adrenaline spike that jangles her nerves and makes her crash and burn every time she has tried the 3a in competition.

Rotating and landing a 3a in isolation is not the same as landing the 3a consistently, in context, within the program. If mastering the 3a is her goal, that is what she has to do first. Wild attempts such as she has been doing since last season only undermine her reputation with ISU judges. Also, the new rules will penalize falls more heavily after the first two.