2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics

thoakun

Final Flight
The result is disappointing for team japan... :sad21:

I'd be more worried if they slayed the qual. But what is concerning the me, who watch MAG once per year is that bringing Yamamuro here doesn't seem to be worth it.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I'd be more worried if they slayed the qual. But what is concerning the me, who watch MAG once per year is that bringing Yamamuro here doesn't seem to be worth it.

Hayasaka, kaya...
yamamoto couldnt take good score with ring.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Team Japan qualifying 4th was a disappointment for sure!
The weaknesses of the team (Tanaka and Koji) were as I had feared but hoped were fixed by now. I'm so proud of Kato. He was put on the team to be the anchor and again, he was the only one who went through all the rotations without big errors.
So glad Kenzo got through to the FX final. There was a LOT of yelling in my house as we sat around the TV at midnight.

Japan has come back from bad quals before. As long as they don't let it stay in their heads.

Gambare!

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Yah! The GB men got 8 finals! Our best Olympics ever already for gymnastics! :yahoo:

ETA: for those curious, they were- team final, 2 in all-around, 1 in high bar, 2 in pommel horse and 2 in floor.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was unsure of Koji's place on team Japan when Kaya and others were showing quite strong in other areas. It looks as if he's not 100% physically. Maybe it's nerves.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yah! The GB men got 8 finals! Our best Olympics ever already for gymnastics! :yahoo:

ETA: for those curious, they were- team final, 2 in all-around, 1 in high bar, 2 in pommel horse and 2 in floor.

This is fantastic! If I can do a little reciprocal bragging...

Team USA did really well. Solid team qualification, two into the all-around (although Brooks will not be a real factor, and Sam has got to clean up pommel horse) and event finals in floor (2), H-bar (2), P-bars (1), and pommel horse (1). The only events we missed were rings and vault. If we've ever had this successful a qualification, I can't remember it, except for 1984, which doesn't really count.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Team Japan qualifying 4th was a disappointment for sure!
The weaknesses of the team (Tanaka and Koji) were as I had feared but hoped were fixed by now. I'm so proud of Kato. He was put on the team to be the anchor and again, he was the only one who went through all the rotations without big errors.
So glad Kenzo got through to the FX final. There was a LOT of yelling in my house as we sat around the TV at midnight.

Japan has come back from bad quals before. As long as they don't let it stay in their heads.

Gambare!

Yes, the result itself of 4th is disappointing, but on a positive note, the score difference with china was a few despite of those errors.
it was misfortune to be with Brazil, but there's no use telling about the things of the past. I believe Uchimura can rebuilt during past 2 days. Further, the 1st group in the morning was unlucky, but they can take a rest till the quals longer. It's good for Uchimura.

Kaya comes to Rio as a substitute member. As regulation, can he take place of yamamuro?

Yes, Kato was just incredible! i thought he had consistency, but his mentality and technical skills were beyond my expectation. I would love to see him get the podium in individual event!

Go! Never give up! https://www.instagram.com/p/BIuyQkDg3Ia/?taken-by=ryohei_kato_

thoakun

Final Flight
Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Ugh, deleted my post by accident. Ryohei is very pleasing to the eyes:yahoo:. Any chance he can pull off a Marcel Nguyen in London 2012?

really hope so! i cant believe he had been suffered from the deep injury this year...
(I've been to National competitions, and when you see him live, he is much handsome than on TV. His skin is white and he's just shining. In a big screen in a venue, he's cool. ..I couldnt help watching him... :eek::)

thoakun

Final Flight
Yes, the result itself of 4th is disappointing, but on a positive note, the score difference with china was a few despite of those errors.
it was misfortune to be with Brazil, but there's no use telling about the things of the past. I believe Uchimura can rebuilt during past 2 days. Further, the 1st group in the morning was unlucky, but they can take a rest till the quals longer. It's good for Uchimura.

Kaya comes to Rio as a substitute member. As regulation, can he take place of yamamuro?

Yes, Kato was just incredible! i thought he had consistency, but his mentality and technical skills were beyond my expectation. I would love to see him get the podium in individual event!

Go! Never give up! https://www.instagram.com/p/BIuyQkDg3Ia/?taken-by=ryohei_kato_

really hope so! i cant believe he had been suffered from the deep injury this year...
(I've been to National competitions, and when you see him live, he is much handsome than on TV. His skin is white and he's just shining. In a big screen in a venue, he's cool. ..I couldnt help watching him... :eek::)

In 2012, the once every 4 year gymnastics fangirls in Vietnam went nuts over him and Marcel. I have the same observations as you:hap93:. This is a real-life pretty boy.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Tiny Holland has never been a big name in Gymnastics, so having both a men's and women's team at the Olympics is by itself note-worthy. ;-)

We ended up with Epke Zonderland (defending Olympic champion) qualifying for High bar, Bart Deurloo in the All-round, and Yuri, pardon, Lambertus, no, Yuri van Gelder at the Rings. (Anyone who knows all the ins and outs of MAG, I'd love to know why his first name seems to keep changing?!).

Qualifying for the team final was a step too far still, but that's okay.

I thankfully didn't see the French gymnast on the vault live, so I was forewarned about the sight. Please don't think less of me for thinking this, but... did anyone else have Harry Potter flashbacks? (that scene from one of the earlier movies where the professor tries to fix a broken arm, and the result of that "fix"). :noshake:
I saw a message somewhere on facebook from the French fed. with a quote from the gymnast, "I will be in Tokyo to win Gold." :thumbsup:

Last edited: