2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics

sneakers

Match Penalty
She wasn't going to the Euro Champs, she was dealing with an ankle injury.
But I really wonder how her teammates will cope with this. This will no doubt affect them terribly...

yes it will probably be more mental now for the Bulgarian group, if she was already out of the team from injury
I wonder if her injury contributed to her attempted suicide ? maybe she really wanted to go to the Olympics or maybe some other personal reasons then ?

Reynnou

On the Ice
yes it will probably be more mental now for the Bulgarian group, if she was already out of the team from injury
I wonder if her injury contributed to her attempted suicide ? maybe she really wanted to go to the Olympics or maybe some other personal reasons then ?

Maybe...
The bulgarian federation have been more than shady these past months. I hope their decision to pull her out of the team didn't contribute to her suicide attempt

sneakers

Match Penalty
Maybe...
The bulgarian federation have been more than shady these past months. I hope their decision to pull her out of the team didn't contribute to her suicide attempt

I agree, the last thing we need is another Olympics scandal involving shady selections this time, the Gymnastics Federation will be at the center of the media :no:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I agree, the last thing we need is another Olympics scandal involving shady selections this time, the Gymnastics Federation will be at the center of the media :no:

I read several articles today, and one of them was about how bulgarian national basement do not allow gymnasts to see their families ad often as they would like to, she said several times she was sad because of that, but no one else than her can say which is the real reason

sneakers

Match Penalty
Today is the Start of Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championships

livestream for seniors will be available at the start of tomorrow

Needs JAVA plugin
here is the current livescoring: http://live.swisstiming.com/CisWebApp/jnlp?i=true&t=Longines&o=Rhythmic Gymnastics

Day 1 ( Rope and Hoop )
European Junior Championships

Team Junior standings after day 1
1 Belarus
2 Russia
3 Israel

Rope Qualified Top 8
For Juniors only 1 gymnast per country can qualify

1 Alina Ermolova RUS
2 Julia Evchik BLR
3 Yuliana Telegina ISR
4 Yoana Nikolova BUL
5 Alexandra Agiurguiculese ITA
6 Yuliana Vodopyanova ARM
7 Veronika Hudis AZE
8 Kseniya Pohranychna UKR

Hoop Qualified Top 8
For Juniors only 1 gymnast per country can qualify

1 Maria Sergeeva RUS
2 Alina Harnasko BLR
3 Nicol Zelikman ISR
4 Alexandra Agiurguiculese ITA
5 Olena Diachenko UKR
6 Yoana Nikolova BUL
7 Ilaha Mammadova AZE
8 Mira Varay HUN

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Group All-around results
after 5 Ribbons and 6 Clubs + 2 Hoops

1. Russia - 37.408
2. Belarus - 36.849
3. Israel - 36.549

4 Italy - 35.933
5 Bulgaria - 35.850
6 Spain - 35.333
7 Finland - 33.733
8 Greece - 33.416
9 Germany - 33.383
10 Switzerland - 32.766
11 Azerbaijan - 32.433
12 Hungary - 31.533
13 Ukraine - 31.341
14 Slovenia - 29.582
15 Czech Republic - 29.450
16 Latvia - 28.050

Reynnou

On the Ice
I wasn't impressed by Russia (as always in groups). I thought Belarus was better, their execution should be higher than Russia...

Israel, Italy, Bulgaria & Spain were all good with no mistakes. I prefer Bulgaria and Italy's routine to Israel but the home advantage boosted Israel scores.

I'm very pleased with Finland's 7th place. After they missed the Olympics qualification it's a very good result for them and they're qualified to clubs/hoops final !

sneakers

Match Penalty
I wasn't impressed by Russia (as always in groups). I thought Belarus was better, their execution should be higher than Russia...

Israel, Italy, Bulgaria & Spain were all good with no mistakes. I prefer Bulgaria and Italy's routine to Israel but the home advantage boosted Israel scores.

I'm very pleased with Finland's 7th place. After they missed the Olympics qualification it's a very good result for them and they're qualified to clubs/hoops final !

yep, Israel getting 18.3+ scores and putting ahead of Italy, Bulgaria and Spain
a home boost advantage indeed :mad:

sneakers

Match Penalty
that was high drama

Ermolova screwing up again her ball this time
it looks about Belarus will win gold but last rotation, Harnasko dropped her clubs and scratched it too :drama:

of course the Team Junior

1 Russia
2 Belarus
3 Italy - ? a record :eeking:

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Russia won because of their 13 year old junior wonderkid Polina Shmatko, her scores were huge will post videos later
Alina Ermolova really seems inconsistent, after screwing up her hoop, then the ball in her last rotation apparatus. She was crying at the kiss and cry seat with her coach.
poor girl :no:

Shmatko will be 17 years old by 2020 Tokyo, so she has a chance to be in seniors national team by year 2019

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Junior Team results

1 RUSSIA
Polina Shmatko 16 Mar 2003 -13 years, senior eligible in 2019
Alina Ermolova 27 Feb 2001- 15 years, senior eligible next year
Maria Sergeeva May 2001- 15 years, senior eligible next year

2 BELARUS
Julia Evchik 02 Jan 2001 - 15 years, senior eligible next year
Alina Harnasko 09 Aug 2001 - 14 years, senior eligible next year
Yulya Isachanka 01 Jan 2001 - 15 years, senior eligible next year

3 ITALY
Alexandra Agiurgiuculese 15 Jan 2001 - 15 years, senior eligible next year
Milena Baldassarri - 16 Oct 2001 - 14 years, senior eligible next year

Layback11

Record Breaker
Watching Euros. Yana and Ganna are both totally killing it, Melitina had a small mistake on ball, and Margarita had a largish mistake on hoop. They are, naturally, the top four after three rotations. Katsiaryna Halkina is on now.

Costume notes:
All of Yana's Leos are fabulous. Someone, I think it was Linoy Ashram, had a sparkly green dress that looked like it had bedazzled green mambas crawling all over it...very gorgeous. :agree: Melitina's leotard for ball is gorgeous. Margarita's leotard for ribbon is up there with Elena Ilinykh's in terms of Black Swan costumes. :yes:

Routine notes:
Rita's ribbon, Yana's ribbon and Melitina's ball have been my favorites so far.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Watching Euros. Yana and Ganna are both totally killing it, Melitina had a small mistake on ball, and Margarita had a largish mistake on hoop. They are, naturally, the top four after three rotations. Katsiaryna Halkina is on now.

Costume notes:
All of Yana's Leos are fabulous. Someone, I think it was Linoy Ashram, had a sparkly green dress that looked like it had bedazzled green mambas crawling all over it...very gorgeous. :agree: Melitina's leotard for ball is gorgeous. Margarita's leotard for ribbon is up there with Elena Ilinykh's in terms of Black Swan costumes. :yes:

Routine notes:
Rita's ribbon, Yana's ribbon and Melitina's ball have been my favorites so far.

Mamun screwed again with a mistake when the judges were really just waiting for her to go 4 clean events
her scores other than her hoop really outscores even Yanas

oh well, I dont really expect her to go clean in Rio :slink:
If that will happen, no doubt Mamun wins Rio IF she goes clean

Layback11

Record Breaker
Mamun screwed again with a mistake when the judges were really just waiting for her to go 4 clean events
her scores other than her hoop really outscores even Yanas

oh well, I dont really expect her to go clean in Rio :slink:
If that will happen, no doubt Mamun wins Rio IF she goes clean

I was a bit surprised that Yana did as well as she did (despite a minor drop ok hoop), considering her results at recent competitions. In a good way, though. (She's using Valse Triste for ribbon-of course I'm going to be happy that she won :biggrin:).

Also surprised that Ganna went clean. She's usually the one headcasing!

Reynnou

On the Ice
I'm very happy that my three favs, Salome, Neviana & Ganna hit all their routines. I thought Ganna deserved silver but we know how RG works...

A good final overall with not too many mistakes, I hope tomorrow goes well for everybody.
I really want Bulgaria to win a medal in Hoops/Clubs, their routine is fantastic!

sneakers

Match Penalty
I was a bit surprised that Yana did as well as she did (despite a minor drop ok hoop), considering her results at recent competitions. In a good way, though. (She's using Valse Triste for ribbon-of course I'm going to be happy that she won :biggrin:).

Also surprised that Ganna went clean. She's usually the one headcasing!

Ganna has improved alot since 2012 London and has mostly been clean in competitions
I think you mean the other Ukrainian Viktoria Mazur, she is headcasey along with Mamun, Rivkin, Filiou :drama:

Varvara Filiou really screwed up her last rotation after doing so well

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ganna has improved alot since 2012 London and has mostly been clean in competitions
I think you mean the other Ukrainian Viktoria Mazur, she is headcasey along with Mamun, Rivkin, Filiou :drama:

Varvara Filiou really screwed up her last rotation after doing so well

Ah. I thought I remembered it was Ganna, not Margarita, who was headcasey, probably because of the 2015 Worlds AA Final where they were ALL headcases, except maybe Melitina. My mistake.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Junior Finals results

Hoop :
1.Sergeeva 16.900
2. Harnasko 16.700
2. Zelikman 16.700
4. Agiurgiuculese 16.158
5. Nikolova 15.850
6. Varay 15.641
7. Diachenko 15.100
8. Mammadova 14.883